Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-22T16:00:50Z by benray
vernK
vernK
15 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic InstallManager 1.6.2

‏2013-05-17T16:13:02Z |

I installed CC from the normal repository using the  IM that was already on the client.  When the install was over, clicking on CC HomeBase or CCExplorer resulted in an error saying certain .dll files were missing.  I checked Install manager on one of the successful CC installs and the version was 1.5.2.  This client has IM v.1.6.2 installed.  Could this be the reason for the failed install?  I tried to go back to IM and do an Uninstall but IM does not even show the ClearCase packages only Websphere stuff. Should I uninstall IM 1.6.2 and go get the earlier IM version from IBM's Downloads area?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Vern

• JirongHu
    JirongHu
    680 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: InstallManager 1.6.2

‏2013-05-17T17:44:10Z  in response to vernK

The last time I install CC v8, I was using all 1.6.2 for both IM and PU. Everything was working fine.

Jirong

• vernK
      vernK
      15 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-20T19:52:48Z  in response to JirongHu

Thanks for your reply.  I wound up copying the clearcase/bin contents from a good install into the clearcase/bin on this host and the dll problem didn't reappear.  Maybe the network had a glitch during the orignial install.  XieXie ni bang wo.

• benray
    benray
    74 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-20T20:04:01Z  in response to vernK

Vern, if IM doesn't show the CC product I'd be concerned that it is out of sync with what is actually installed which will lead to problems if you need to upgrade or uninstall later. Also the fact that you were missing product files does not inspire confidence that the install was successful. I'd be awfully tempted to remove the product and IM manually and start from scratch although if you have WAS as well I can understand that may take more than a few minutes. Please make sure to hang on to the Installation Manager folder with its history, logs etc in case you need to open a PMR on this.

• vernK
      vernK
      15 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-20T21:59:14Z  in response to benray

Thanks for your input.  When you say "manually" do you mean using the standard Windows OS "add-remove programs" part of the Control Panel or some other method?  Before I came on board here there was some confusion with the fact that Win7 was 64bit and CC was 32.  Some installs were started in C:\Program Files... and others C:\Program Files (x86) would that have anything to do with the lack of sync? 

Regards,

Vern

• benray
        benray
        74 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-21T18:45:10Z  in response to vernK

IM should be aware of the package group where ClearCase was installed (called RationalSDLC by default). The install location is user configurable but on a 64-bit Windows machine the default should be C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalSDLC. You're correct that most of CC is still 32-bit; yet that's the default that was chosen. I'd normally try this if you have any concern about the integrity of the product on a given system:

- backup any resources you need

- open Installation Manager and uninstall the product assuming it is listed as something that can be installed

- if the product is still present on the system in some form, go through the full steps to remove it manually

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21358566

• vernK
          vernK
          15 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-22T14:02:08Z  in response to benray
          Hi again. The link refers to CC V7.1 is this also applicable to CC V8? Wld appreciate an answer ASAP. (The natives are restless.) ;)
          • benray
            benray
            74 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-22T16:00:50Z  in response to vernK

Should be pretty much the same. The install process hasn't really changed much between 7.1 and 8.0 unless it involves WebSphere. If anything goes wrong just open a PMR and we can assist.