Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-20T21:16:16Z by AlfonsoMezoL.
AlfonsoMezoL.
AlfonsoMezoL.
2 Posts

Pinned topic HATS ? with RD for i V9

‏2014-02-20T01:46:55Z |

Hi,

With V8.5, HATS was a Toolkit that was installed with RD for i for SOA. With V9 IBM replaced this product with RD for i V9.  I assumed that with V9 the HATS toolkit was integrated with the product because there are no DVDs for HATS. I installed V9 for Rational Business Developer and IBM Rational developer for i, but there is no WebFacing perspective within the product, and nowhere in the process of the installation mentioned HATS.

The question is how does HATS Toolkit works with V9 ? Where can I obtain it ? and does it now has a separate cost ? I could not find information on the Web.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

Re: HATS ? with RD for i V9

‏2014-02-20T20:52:38Z  

Hi Alfonso,

For version 8.5, the HATS toolkit was bundled with Rational Developer for Power Systems 8.5 so I'm guessing that was part of the bundle you had installed.  For 9.0, the studio was renamed to Rational Developer for i and the HATS studio was not bundled as part of the base install.  However, this is not a problem because the HATS toolkit can be installed free of charge since we only license the runtime portion of the HATS product.  You can download the HATS toolkit install from our Trial website here, http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/whats/.  You should then have the HATS tooling available in your studio again.

Thanks
    Tim

• AlfonsoMezoL.
    AlfonsoMezoL.
    2 Posts

Re: HATS ? with RD for i V9

‏2014-02-20T21:16:16Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2014-02-20T20:52:38Z

Hi Alfonso,

For version 8.5, the HATS toolkit was bundled with Rational Developer for Power Systems 8.5 so I'm guessing that was part of the bundle you had installed.  For 9.0, the studio was renamed to Rational Developer for i and the HATS studio was not bundled as part of the base install.  However, this is not a problem because the HATS toolkit can be installed free of charge since we only license the runtime portion of the HATS product.  You can download the HATS toolkit install from our Trial website here, http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/whats/.  You should then have the HATS tooling available in your studio again.

Thanks
    Tim

Thamk you very much !