IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-30T12:47:46Z by TonyNGAN
TonyNGAN
TonyNGAN
34 Posts

Pinned topic Screenshot of Whole Webpage

‏2013-10-25T12:48:44Z |

Dear All,

I know there is a function of RFT that can can full screenshot, but for my problem, it will run the script base on a webpage.

And I would like to take a screenshot when the transaction done.

But the main problem is that the page I'm going to snap is too long, the height of the page is too long.

For example, my screen is only support 1024x768, but the screen shot size 1024x1600...

So, would there be any script or function that can screen cap whole webpage?

Thanks for any suggestion

Regards

Tony

• MrCoolK
    MrCoolK
    53 Posts

Re: Screenshot of Whole Webpage

‏2013-10-25T13:47:36Z  

The ans is no and yes.

No: RFT can only take screen shoot of object that is within the screen(I mean it cant take screen where you have to scroll or not in screen).

YES 1:If you have a VMWARE you can easily increase the resolution and take snapshot

YES 2:This is little bit complex

I had similar kind of issue where i was suppose to take a screenshot of object which sometime I had to scroll.

It was not possible to capture the object in 1 screenshot so what i did was captured screen1 scrolled down captured another and another

So at the end combined all the 3 images.

You can find image combining script easily online if you cant find it please let me know ill have to dig in my codes.

Thanks

Cool K

Updated on 2013-10-25T13:48:05Z at 2013-10-25T13:48:05Z by MrCoolK
  • TonyNGAN
    TonyNGAN
    34 Posts

‏2013-10-26T16:13:07Z  
    • MrCoolK
    • ‏2013-10-25T13:47:36Z

The ans is no and yes.

No: RFT can only take screen shoot of object that is within the screen(I mean it cant take screen where you have to scroll or not in screen).

YES 1:If you have a VMWARE you can easily increase the resolution and take snapshot

YES 2:This is little bit complex

I had similar kind of issue where i was suppose to take a screenshot of object which sometime I had to scroll.

It was not possible to capture the object in 1 screenshot so what i did was captured screen1 scrolled down captured another and another

So at the end combined all the 3 images.

You can find image combining script easily online if you cant find it please let me know ill have to dig in my codes.

Thanks

Cool K

Dear CoolK

Thanks for your support again.

But I have another problem is that I didn't know how many time should I scroll down the page since the page pix will change base on my transaction data.

I.e: The page height will be increase when transaction information increase.

But I want to know if the following can be apply on RFT also:

http://ctrlq.org/code/19136-screenshots-javascript

For the above webpage, the demo will resize the inputted webpage to 1200x800 before screencap.

So, I would like to know if RFT can resize my main test object to 1200x800 (or other pix) before perform screen capture?

Thanks for your kindly suggestion

Regards

Tony

• MrCoolK
    MrCoolK
    53 Posts

‏2013-10-29T12:19:41Z  
    • TonyNGAN
    • ‏2013-10-26T16:13:07Z

Dear CoolK

Thanks for your support again.

But I have another problem is that I didn't know how many time should I scroll down the page since the page pix will change base on my transaction data.

I.e: The page height will be increase when transaction information increase.

But I want to know if the following can be apply on RFT also:

http://ctrlq.org/code/19136-screenshots-javascript

For the above webpage, the demo will resize the inputted webpage to 1200x800 before screencap.

So, I would like to know if RFT can resize my main test object to 1200x800 (or other pix) before perform screen capture?

Thanks for your kindly suggestion

Regards

Tony

If the screenshot of just a data which you can also pull from backend then we can still make a image file of that.

If this helps let me know i can pass you the code.

Thanks

Cool K

• TonyNGAN
    TonyNGAN
    34 Posts

‏2013-10-30T12:47:46Z  
    • MrCoolK
    • ‏2013-10-29T12:19:41Z

If the screenshot of just a data which you can also pull from backend then we can still make a image file of that.

If this helps let me know i can pass you the code.

Thanks

Cool K

Sorry Cool K,

I don't understand what's mean the "screenshot of just a data which you can also pull from backend"

Are you mentioning if I could access for the page sources code?

Is yes, unfortunately...my test environment would not able to view the sources code :(

Thanks

Regards

Tony