• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-12T15:55:23Z by Erwin-Karbasi
Erwin-Karbasi
Erwin-Karbasi
4 Posts

Pinned topic WXSUtils getAll method's error code

‏2013-07-27T07:30:46Z |

Hello Fraenkel,

We are using putAll_noLoader for client pre-load into the XS grid.

We would like to allow client applications to retrieve data from cache using miss-cache mode (loading data from loader plugin, that is, from DB) while the preload is running. So if we use above put method we'll encounter duplicateKey errors since the key that the preload attempted to insert into the grid is already exist.

We'd like to use getAll/containsAll method instead of putAll_noLoader method but unfortunately these methods don't return the failed key (keys that were failed to retrieve).

We'd like to collect all the failed to retrieve keys and rerun the getAll/containsAll methods to retrieve them.

Actually, we just want using containsAll for lazy loading data from DB by using the miss cache mechanism, at the first time data doesn't exist in the cache, containsKey go through the grid to the database for bringing the entries. It's not needed that the containsKey returns the key that it manages to load but only the failed keys.

Your assistance to add this capability would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Erwin

AT&T, Software Architect

Updated on 2013-07-27T14:53:20Z at 2013-07-27T14:53:20Z by Erwin-Karbasi
  • Erwin-Karbasi
    Erwin-Karbasi
    4 Posts

Re: WXSUtils getAll method's error code

‏2013-08-12T14:27:55Z  

Hello Fraenkel,

We have had a chance to enhance the wxsutil by adding load from DB feature, that is, capability of getAll (that alresdy exist) data by keys from the DB, loading the data into the cache and returning (reduceResult) to the client only those keys that load action failed for them.

We'd like to contribute above feature to the wxsutils project and getting from you a jar that includes it for XS version 8.5.0.1.

How do you suggest us to do it?

Cheers,

Erwin

• mfraenkel
    mfraenkel
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-12T14:36:55Z  

Hello Fraenkel,

We have had a chance to enhance the wxsutil by adding load from DB feature, that is, capability of getAll (that alresdy exist) data by keys from the DB, loading the data into the cache and returning (reduceResult) to the client only those keys that load action failed for them.

We'd like to contribute above feature to the wxsutils project and getting from you a jar that includes it for XS version 8.5.0.1.

How do you suggest us to do it?

Cheers,

Erwin

Lets start with a pull request so I can see what changes you are proposing.

• Erwin-Karbasi
    Erwin-Karbasi
    4 Posts

‏2013-08-12T15:36:22Z  
    • mfraenkel
    • ‏2013-08-12T14:36:55Z

Lets start with a pull request so I can see what changes you are proposing.

We didn't add the code to the GitHub.

I can send you the changes that include one agent and one method that added to the com.devwebsphere.wxsutils.WXSUtils class.

• mfraenkel
    mfraenkel
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-12T15:40:03Z  

We didn't add the code to the GitHub.

I can send you the changes that include one agent and one method that added to the com.devwebsphere.wxsutils.WXSUtils class.

Send them to me (fraenkel@us.ibm.com).

• Erwin-Karbasi
    Erwin-Karbasi
    4 Posts

‏2013-08-12T15:55:23Z  
    • mfraenkel
    • ‏2013-08-12T15:40:03Z

Send them to me (fraenkel@us.ibm.com).

It was sent.

Updated on 2013-08-12T15:57:03Z at 2013-08-12T15:57:03Z by Erwin-Karbasi