4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-12-30T16:18:36Z by yantisalwani
raj_kgdr
raj_kgdr
62 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic export and import of records with links

‏2013-12-27T08:27:31Z |

Dear members,

I have a challenge of exporting the records and then importing them to another location.

The solution that I have is:

1) Export the schema 1st - say "sample.txt"

2) Export the records

3) Import the schema - "sample.txt" at the other location

4) Import the records

But at this juncture, it is important that "UCM links history between CQ and CC are not lost"

Is there any advise as to how do I achieve my goal wrt links

and

Is my understanding correct wrt export and import of records.

Thanks.

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    231 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: export and import of records with links

‏2014-01-06T00:44:54Z  in response to raj_kgdr

I am not positive that you can achieve this easily, if possible. At step 3), all stateful records will have a new Id in the other location. That is how ClearQuest import works.

Seeing that you have ClearCase/ClearQuest integration, I will suggest you not touch it at all. Otherwise it will get messy easily and quickly.

You can consider moving the entire ClearQuest database to the other location as an alternative, if feasible.

• raj_kgdr
      raj_kgdr
      62 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-06T02:37:58Z  in response to DonaldN

Dear Sir,

A very Happy new year to you :-) and thanks for giving your time on this.

But the scenario is something like, the database should not be moved and only a part of the records in that database should be queried, exported and imported to a new location with a scratch set up of CQ/CC multisited.

Any thoughts on this please? If you can let me know in detail the process of export/import, that would be great as this is the 1st time I am doing this exercise, a little scared you can say. 

Thanks,

• DonaldN
        DonaldN
        231 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-06T03:13:45Z  in response to raj_kgdr

You just mentioned "MultiSite" and it makes things much more complicated.

I suggest you contact IBM Support or Services to get the appropriate assistance. Such complicated cases are not supposed to be resolved in the forum.

• yantisalwani
    yantisalwani
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-12-30T16:18:36Z  in response to raj_kgdr

Hi Raj,

I have a similar need for migrating the CQ user database which has an existing CC UCM integration which need to be intact. I noticed that you posted this for about a year ago. So, did you manage to get it done? Could you please share with me your solution?

Thanks in advance for your time.

regards.