Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-20T11:20:26Z by AlexPfau
RolandStuttgart
RolandStuttgart
15 Posts

Pinned topic New Field Guide for Event Forwarding to BMC

‏2014-02-18T13:01:05Z |

I'm pleased to provide you a field guide that helps to configure the automated event forwarding to BMC.

If you have any feedback or would like to get help for a specific topic please let me know.

Thanks,
Roland

• mcgrr
    mcgrr
    13 Posts

Re: New Field Guide for Event Forwarding to BMC

‏2014-02-18T16:35:31Z  

Thanks Roland and Alexander for a great guide. Quick question though. Step 3.1 says Event Forwarding via Logfile can be configured using FP2. I have not installed FP2 at this time and wonder if running the Event Forwarding via Logfile configuration will install the fixpack, which I do not wish to do at this time.

Thanks for your assistance.

Richard

• RolandStuttgart
    RolandStuttgart
    15 Posts

‏2014-02-20T10:12:14Z  
    • mcgrr
    • ‏2014-02-18T16:35:31Z

Thanks Roland and Alexander for a great guide. Quick question though. Step 3.1 says Event Forwarding via Logfile can be configured using FP2. I have not installed FP2 at this time and wonder if running the Event Forwarding via Logfile configuration will install the fixpack, which I do not wish to do at this time.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Alex will provide you an answer to your question.

Regards,

Roland

• AlexPfau
    AlexPfau
    1 Post

‏2014-02-20T11:20:26Z  
    • mcgrr
    • ‏2014-02-18T16:35:31Z

Richard

Richard,

the FP2 installer was an example, because many customers have already installed this recommended fixpack. You could also use the FP1 installer or the GA installer to reconfigure the event forwarding. Please keep in mind, that manually changed configuration files might be replaced with original versions, because not all manual changes will be picked up by the GA or FixPack installer and will then be replaced with default information.

I hope I could answer your question to your fully satisfaction.

Cheers,

Alex