We recently encountered a strange behavior in the way RPT (v8.2 IFix001) workbench gets identified by the Agent machine. The following is the scenario:
1) There are 2 Physical machines which are treated as RPT workbench machine.
2) There are additional 2 virtual machines which are treated as RPT Agent machine.
Fortunately when either of the physical machines are treated as workbench / Agent machines, the "Agent Not Ready" status is not seen.
However when one of the physical machine is treated as workbench and a virtual machine is treated as "Agent" machine, we notice the "Agent Not Ready" status occurring intermittently. The vice-versa of this also shows similar error.
Interestingly, we did all the basic troubleshooting and are unable to conclude on this intermittent behavior. Any inputs on this would be highly appreciated.
Basic Troubleshooting done so far:
1) Closed all the RPT related services / processes on the agent machines and workbench machine and then restated the same.
2) Clean launch of RPT done.
3) Before executing the RPT schedule, click on "Agent Status" icon and verify what is the status shown here...
4) Added the debug switch in the majordomo config file and validated the majordomo log file that generally gets created in the temporary folder. No helpful data found in this file so far.
5) MajorDomo configuration file verified and appears fine.
After all this attempts, I suspect if there is a know behavior when a physical machine (say : RPT workbench machine) gets connected to a virtual machine( Say: RPT Agent machine), resulting in "Agent Not Ready" status message intermittently ....!!
Thanks in advance