Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-23T11:19:21Z by Govind512
Govind512
Govind512
34 Posts

Pinned topic How to select coverage and no coverage through cmd prompt?

‏2013-09-20T09:34:22Z |

Hi all,

Please help me, how to select coverage and no coverage options through cmd prompt?

I tried folllowing option :

studio add.rtp -build="All steps+No code insertion"

But it is not working.

Please helpme.

Regards,
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    815 Posts

Re: How to select coverage and no coverage through cmd prompt?

‏2013-09-20T11:34:25Z  

using studio, you have to make 2 configurations in your project one with coverage active and the second one without coverage.

type studio -help in a cmd window to have the on line help and command format. You will see how to define the configuration to use for the build.

to make the second configuration to your project: open your project from studio then menu configuration then create a new one as a copy of the first one

and change the name accordingly.

activate the right configuration then open project settings > build > build options > ... >remove coverate tick

So this configuration is without coverage. Save studio file then exit

• Govind512
    Govind512
    34 Posts

‏2013-09-20T15:24:02Z  

using studio, you have to make 2 configurations in your project one with coverage active and the second one without coverage.

type studio -help in a cmd window to have the on line help and command format. You will see how to define the configuration to use for the build.

to make the second configuration to your project: open your project from studio then menu configuration then create a new one as a copy of the first one

and change the name accordingly.

activate the right configuration then open project settings > build > build options > ... >remove coverate tick

So this configuration is without coverage. Save studio file then exit

Dear Mr.richard,

Thanks for the answer . We have done already this by using -config .

but only problem is that in the test reports it is not displaying actual configuration name .  It is displaying the configuration name which was created by me .

For ex : my  tdp is : Cwindiab_1.6

I have created configuarions like cwindiab_1.6_Coverage and cwindiab_1.6_No_Coverage.

In my test reports, it is displaying cwindiab_1.6_Coverage or cwindiab_1.6_No_Coverage. But I need the original configuration name in my reports .

Please, suggest me any further options?

Regards,

Govind

• richard.france
    richard.france
    815 Posts

‏2013-09-20T15:53:45Z  
    • Govind512
    • ‏2013-09-20T15:24:02Z

Dear Mr.richard,

Thanks for the answer . We have done already this by using -config .

but only problem is that in the test reports it is not displaying actual configuration name .  It is displaying the configuration name which was created by me .

For ex : my  tdp is : Cwindiab_1.6

I have created configuarions like cwindiab_1.6_Coverage and cwindiab_1.6_No_Coverage.

In my test reports, it is displaying cwindiab_1.6_Coverage or cwindiab_1.6_No_Coverage. But I need the original configuration name in my reports .

Please, suggest me any further options?

Regards,

Govind

What do you call the originam name ?

Cwindiab_1.6 is your TDP name

and

cwindiab_1.6_Coverage or cwindiab_1.6_No_Coverage are the name of your configuration YOU enter into the configuration menu

So I do not see what is your 'original' configuration name.

Not if you want to change the content of your test report header "Report information" block you can do so. Look at REPORTHEADER into the TDP editor, it gives you advices to change or add information.

• Govind512
    Govind512
    34 Posts

‏2013-09-23T11:19:21Z  

What do you call the originam name ?

Cwindiab_1.6 is your TDP name

and

cwindiab_1.6_Coverage or cwindiab_1.6_No_Coverage are the name of your configuration YOU enter into the configuration menu

So I do not see what is your 'original' configuration name.

Not if you want to change the content of your test report header "Report information" block you can do so. Look at REPORTHEADER into the TDP editor, it gives you advices to change or add information.

Dear Richard,

Orginal name is nothing but  : Cwindiab_1.6 (It is my actual TDP configuration name)

Regards,

Govind