I am just starting to use STRDBMON to optimize my queries (SQLRPGLE stored procedures) and have ran into several challenges.
First, is there a way from the iseries to determine which DB Monitors exist on the system and what their log-files are? I know this is available via iSeries Navigator but that is not always an option. Also knowing "column QQC101 of the QQQ3018 database monitor record" doesn't help if you don't know the log-file.
Second, it appears that I am not getting previous DB Montors ended. I am seeing some unexpected messages in my QZDASOINIT job logs.
- I have been using the iseries command STRDBMON OUTFILE(HAS2SDOPTM/DBMONxx) OUTMBR(*FIRST *ADD) JOB(QZDASOINIT)FRCRCD(1) FTRUSER(AMILLER2) and using different log files.
- I use IBM Data Studio to run my stored procedures using profile AMILLER2
- I use iSeries Navigator to end the monitor and view results and then delete the log file
When I start the process over I get the following errors in my job logs, pointing to a previous log.
- CPF4102 File DBMON01 in library xxxxx with member DBMON01 not found.
- CPD4382 Database trace record not written to the log
This occurs even if I have
- The log file DBMON* and its logicals have all been deleted
- There is no monitor listed in iSeries Navigator
- The iseries navigator and IBM Data Studio jobs are not running
- made sure all QZDASOINIT jobs have ended on the system
I hope somebody can give me some pointers.