Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-26T03:35:03Z by Rongali
Rongali
Rongali
10 Posts

Pinned topic Mandatory field check failed while modify property values by using EDS.

‏2013-06-12T06:10:11Z |

Hi All,

I added document with some properties. out of all, 2 properties are drop down values(dependent values) and values rendered from DB by using EDS. Now i want to edit the properties of the document instance. i selected one drop down value and based on this selection criteria the second property values are available as drop down. i forgot to select the second drop down value from available list. and here i noticed that save button is in enable mode.so  i click on save then system throws error and i lost all my changes as property window closed while displaying the error.

here both properties are mandatory fields. so system throws error message for mandatory check.

How to restrict the enable of save button. or how to get make validation with out closing the properties window.

Please suggest me.... Thanks a lot..

Thanks,

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

Re: Mandatory field check failed while modify property values by using EDS.

‏2013-06-12T15:55:06Z  

I've never seen any such behavior reported by a customer and we have a lot of them using EDS at this point.  There aren't many details here but some general suggestions:

1.  You could consider using an Entry Template for the class to easily set all required properties.

2.  EDS can be used to validate any field and you could also make sure you check for empty / null values.

3.  If your property template definition in the FEM does not allow empty values the form also wouldn't allow you to save any changes.

Net is there are a number of ways to enforce required properties.

• Rongali
    Rongali
    10 Posts

‏2013-06-12T16:26:01Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-06-12T15:55:06Z

I've never seen any such behavior reported by a customer and we have a lot of them using EDS at this point.  There aren't many details here but some general suggestions:

1.  You could consider using an Entry Template for the class to easily set all required properties.

2.  EDS can be used to validate any field and you could also make sure you check for empty / null values.

3.  If your property template definition in the FEM does not allow empty values the form also wouldn't allow you to save any changes.

Net is there are a number of ways to enforce required properties.

Hi Damorris,

Yes, You are correct. But i am  facing problem with above scenario. please fin the attached documents for your reference. in first attachment. save button enabled and all mandatory fields are filled. and in the second attachment Service Code value is empty and it is mandatory. as per the functionality save button should not enable. but in the attachment it is enabled. in the error attachment file you can find the error message like

"The following error occurred on the repository: A required property value has not been set. Required singleton property ServiceCode has no value." 

reason ServiceCode is mandatory property template defined in FEM.

Could you please go through my attachments and suggest me where i did mistake.

Thanks,

Attachments

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

‏2013-06-12T21:39:56Z  
    • Rongali
    • ‏2013-06-12T16:26:01Z

Hi Damorris,

Yes, You are correct. But i am  facing problem with above scenario. please fin the attached documents for your reference. in first attachment. save button enabled and all mandatory fields are filled. and in the second attachment Service Code value is empty and it is mandatory. as per the functionality save button should not enable. but in the attachment it is enabled. in the error attachment file you can find the error message like

"The following error occurred on the repository: A required property value has not been set. Required singleton property ServiceCode has no value." 

reason ServiceCode is mandatory property template defined in FEM.

Could you please go through my attachments and suggest me where i did mistake.

Thanks,

Looks like it could be a bug but hard to say without more info.  What version of ICN are you running?  What version of P8?  What platform?  What application server?

I can look and see if it's a known issue, if not then we'll probably need to open a PMR with IBM support.

• Rongali
    Rongali
    10 Posts

‏2013-06-13T01:18:15Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-06-12T21:39:56Z

Looks like it could be a bug but hard to say without more info.  What version of ICN are you running?  What version of P8?  What platform?  What application server?

I can look and see if it's a known issue, if not then we'll probably need to open a PMR with IBM support.

Hi Damorris,

Below are my environment configurations.

ICN

Version: 2.0.1
    Build: icn201.225

P8

P8 Content Engine - 5.1.0

Build Version : dap501.000.004.020

Operating System : Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1 build 7600

Application server : WebSphere 7.0.0.23

Please let me know if any other details required and suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

• damorris
    damorris
    825 Posts

‏2013-06-13T02:06:49Z  
    • Rongali
    • ‏2013-06-13T01:18:15Z

Hi Damorris,

Below are my environment configurations.

ICN

Version: 2.0.1
    Build: icn201.225

P8

P8 Content Engine - 5.1.0

Build Version : dap501.000.004.020

Operating System : Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1 build 7600

Application server : WebSphere 7.0.0.23

Please let me know if any other details required and suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Please install 2.0.1 Fixpack 1 (on Fix Central) and the iFix 1 on top of that and run your test again.  If it still fails, open a PMR please.

• konapalligopi
    konapalligopi
    62 Posts

‏2013-06-13T03:14:23Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-06-13T02:06:49Z

Please install 2.0.1 Fixpack 1 (on Fix Central) and the iFix 1 on top of that and run your test again.  If it still fails, open a PMR please.

Hi damorris,

Small observation that if we open the same document in the viewer and the mode is image + properties then we are getting validation for mandatory and the save button is not enabling. this is working as expected.

but if we click on the properties button which we can see on top of the page then the issue we are observing. PFA here for more information. Please check this and let us know if any thing we missed out.

Thank you.

• Rongali
    Rongali
    10 Posts

‏2013-06-26T03:35:03Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-06-13T02:06:49Z

Hi Everyone,

After installing the fix pack above issue is resolved. Thanks for your support.

Fix Packs Installed:

> IBM_Content_Navigator-2.0.1.100_Windows
    > IBM_Content_Navigator-2.0.1.100.IF1_Windows

Thanks you,