2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-22T19:57:46Z by carlolunghi
carlolunghi
carlolunghi
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Temporal Table

‏2013-04-16T21:13:03Z |

Dear Forum,

I would propose to a customer to use Temporal Tables as approach to collect and process the measurements generated by an industrial equipment.

I use DB2 Express C ( V10.1) and DataStudio 3.2. The question is: is DataStudio able to support the design of a simple db with temporal tables?  I'm using the classical modelling perspective and when I generate a new table I don't find any temporal reference.

Thanks for support.

carlo lunghi

• YinMeiChen
    YinMeiChen
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

回复:Temporal Table

‏2013-04-19T10:30:25Z  in response to carlolunghi

Hi,

The answer is YES. with DB2 Express C(V10.1) + Data Studio 3.2, you can create temporal table.

And there are special entries for creating temporal table(Create System-Period Temporal Table, Create Application-Period Temporal Table and Create Bitemporal Table), you can choose one of them to create the proper one

In Administration Explorer, you can expand the DB node, and right-click Tables folder, then you will see the context menus.

In Data Source Explorer, you can also expand the DB node, and locate Tables folder, then right-click it, and select "Create"->, in the cascade menu, you will see "Table", "System-Period Temporal Table", "Application-Period Temporal Table" and "Bitemporal Table"

Attach the screenshot from DS 3.2+DB2 Express C(V10.1) in my environment

I think you should open "Database Administration", then in Administration Explorer to create temporal table or open "Data" perspective, then in Data Source Explorer to create temporal table.

Pls let me know if anything I can help.

Thanks!

• carlolunghi
      carlolunghi
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 回复:Temporal Table

‏2013-04-22T19:57:46Z  in response to YinMeiChen

Thanks Chen,

all is ok, simply it works.

Appreciated your details.

c.l.