• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-18T08:18:17Z by Dragos.Cojocari
P6FR_sun_ran
P6FR_sun_ran
35 Posts

Pinned topic Table copied from word in doors lead to reporting failure

‏2013-06-17T04:43:21Z |

Hi, all

If the doors contains tables copied from word will case an error . The massage as below:

Error: the element type "blockquote" and "</drml>" marking the end of expectations do not match.

The problem has been bothering me for a long time. Could anyone help me how to deal with this?

Thank you very much!

Alice

Updated on 2013-06-17T05:58:44Z at 2013-06-17T05:58:44Z by P6FR_sun_ran
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1616 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Table copied from word in doors lead to reporting failure

‏2013-06-18T07:18:19Z  

Hey,

in some older DOORS versions tables imported from Word were exported incorrectly through the APIs that RPE use. Please check with DOORS support if these issues are still present in the newer versions. But even if they are fixed the tables will not come out correctly as they are exported as plain text and not as tables. For the time being I believe the recommendation for using tables in DOORS is either to use DOORS tables or import the Word table as an OLE.

Regards,

Dragos

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1616 Posts

‏2013-06-18T07:18:19Z  

Hey,

in some older DOORS versions tables imported from Word were exported incorrectly through the APIs that RPE use. Please check with DOORS support if these issues are still present in the newer versions. But even if they are fixed the tables will not come out correctly as they are exported as plain text and not as tables. For the time being I believe the recommendation for using tables in DOORS is either to use DOORS tables or import the Word table as an OLE.

Regards,

Dragos

• P6FR_sun_ran
    P6FR_sun_ran
    35 Posts

‏2013-06-18T07:54:59Z  

Hey,

Regards,

Dragos

Hi,Dragos

Thanks for your reply.

You are right. I use Doors 9.1.  I have checked the Data.xml created during the generation. There is an error . The programmer should reverse the labels' order , he write the</blockquote>before the<blockquote>  just as the attacment shows , and I have used javascript to reverse them in RPE , but it dosen't work.

I will change my client to Doors 9.5. Thank you again.

Attachments

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1616 Posts

‏2013-06-18T08:18:17Z  

Hi,Dragos

Thanks for your reply.

You are right. I use Doors 9.1.  I have checked the Data.xml created during the generation. There is an error . The programmer should reverse the labels' order , he write the</blockquote>before the<blockquote>  just as the attacment shows , and I have used javascript to reverse them in RPE , but it dosen't work.

I will change my client to Doors 9.5. Thank you again.

Hi,

>> I have checked the Data.xml created during the generation. There is an error . The programmer should reverse the labels' order , he write the</blockquote>before the<blockquo

That is indeed the problem.

>>> have used javascript to reverse them in RPE , but it dosen't work.

This won;t work as the execution stops much earlier as RPE tries to process the xml file.

>>> I will change my client to Doors 9.5

Remember that even if this error is fixed the output will still not look like what you see in DOORS as the table is exported as plain text in the XML file and not as <table>

Regards,

Dragos