Topic
  • No replies
AdamSkwersky
AdamSkwersky
1 Post

Pinned topic issues with Purify on Windows 7

‏2013-05-16T17:49:35Z |

I am running into a couple problems using PurifyPlus to debug a memory issue in our product and I am hoping you can help me.

I'm running on Windows 7, 64 bit, but our code is 32 bit.

The first issue I'm trying to debug is what seems to be a double-free in Perl we compiled with VS2010 compilers. When we run a program and then exit, the Perl crashes in cleanup. While trying to run this in Purify I get the following error while it loads a dll for another Perl module (it is lazy loaded):

Purify: Error: PURERT.DLL was not found during instrumentation.
System error code: The specified module could not be found.

System error code: No such file or directory
If possible, please send a bug report to sw_support@us.ibm.com including the product
name and version (Purify: 7.0.1.0-003 32-bit 20120410.1500 WindowsNT OS: Windows),
this and any preceding error messages, and ideally a copy
of any EXE, DLL or data files involved.
Thank you.  

The other issue I see is when running Purify against a command line tool. When I run it with no arguments it is supposed to list the possible commands. There are no expected bugs to find but I wanted to test Purify with this program. When I do I see the foollwoing Purify error:

Purify: While processing file C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_cbf5e994470a1a8f\MFC80U.DLL:
Error: Couldn't open MSVCR80.dll
System error code: The system cannot find the file specified.

System error code: No such file or directory

If you can help with either issue (the first one is really important to us), that would be great,

Thanks!

Adam