• Latest Post - ‏2013-05-03T22:17:28Z by admkazuya
admkazuya
admkazuya
11 Posts

Pinned topic When change file on IBM i , cant modify subscription

‏2013-04-29T08:25:12Z |

Hi, 

We try to migrate IBM i to AIX on DB2.

WhenIBM i, change member name on file,  CDC say error and cant modify subscription.

Error message is followings.

RA MSG 2007  (DMU0068)

Table FZTQTP00CV has been changed since it was selected for mirroring.
 Help Info - Table FZTQTP00CV in library IKOHBN has been changed since it was selected for mirroring via Transformation Server.
 Mirroring could not be initiated as requested.
 Use the "Update Source Table Definition" option to ensure that the current record format 
is utilized for mirroring and describe the table to the target system again.
How can  i fix ? need restart CDC Agent on IBM i ?

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

Regarts, 

Kazuya

• Rphilo
    Rphilo
    465 Posts

Re: When change file on IBM i , cant modify subscription

‏2013-04-30T06:04:54Z  

Hi

Looks like you have a multi-member capable file on the iSeries. (max members > 1)

You should take the option to set member replication from the table mappings

Then ensure "all current and future members" is checked if you want to have any new members included in replication

You may also need to disable the truncate operation in the table ,mapping/operation tab and if you perform a refresh of all the members on the source, manually truncate the table on the target side first

What your error message is saying is that the definition of the table has changed on the AS/400 and you need to take the option to update the source table mappings from the table mappings option

Regards

Robert

• admkazuya
    admkazuya
    11 Posts

‏2013-04-30T06:57:02Z  
    • Rphilo
    • ‏2013-04-30T06:04:54Z

Hi

Looks like you have a multi-member capable file on the iSeries. (max members > 1)

You should take the option to set member replication from the table mappings

Then ensure "all current and future members" is checked if you want to have any new members included in replication

You may also need to disable the truncate operation in the table ,mapping/operation tab and if you perform a refresh of all the members on the source, manually truncate the table on the target side first

What your error message is saying is that the definition of the table has changed on the AS/400 and you need to take the option to update the source table mappings from the table mappings option

Regards

Robert

Robart, thank you for reply.

After that I delete fail subscription and re-mapping table.

Still same error messege was showing.

What can i do ?

• Rphilo
    Rphilo
    465 Posts

‏2013-05-01T04:50:03Z  
    • admkazuya
    • ‏2013-04-30T06:57:02Z

Robart, thank you for reply.

After that I delete fail subscription and re-mapping table.

Still same error messege was showing.

What can i do ?

Hi

The message you quote in  your initial post is clear that the product thinks that its understanding of the table attributes and structure is out of date. When you first identify a file for replication, CDC captures the attributes it is interested in. The update source definition processes forces it to refresh its understanding. Deleting the subscription won't help as it will not force an update of the source definition.

You should therefore update the source table definition from the table mappings perspective. If this fails to resolve the problem or the problem re-occurs and you cannot understand why then you should open up a PMR with IBM product support.

Thanks

Robert

• admkazuya
    admkazuya
    11 Posts

‏2013-05-03T22:17:28Z  
    • Rphilo
    • ‏2013-05-01T04:50:03Z

Hi

The message you quote in  your initial post is clear that the product thinks that its understanding of the table attributes and structure is out of date. When you first identify a file for replication, CDC captures the attributes it is interested in. The update source definition processes forces it to refresh its understanding. Deleting the subscription won't help as it will not force an update of the source definition.

You should therefore update the source table definition from the table mappings perspective. If this fails to resolve the problem or the problem re-occurs and you cannot understand why then you should open up a PMR with IBM product support.

Thanks

Robert

Hi, Robert

Thank you for reply.

So, my problem was fixed!!!!

Thank you very much.

Kazuya.