3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-13T18:54:18Z by bpaskin
wspherian
wspherian
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic maximum in memory session count

‏2013-05-05T13:08:55Z |

Hi

We have a WebSphere application server cluster 8.0.0.5 consists of 2 nodes and we use entire domain memory to memory replication, to find out what happens when the number of sessions exceeds max in memory session count, we set maximum in memory session count to 1 in each node, and we expected that when 3rd session is created one of the two previous sessions is invalidated and replaced with this new session, but when 3rd sessions is created none of two previous sessions are invalidated and  all of three sessions are valid, so we want to know what should happen when the number of sessions exceed max in memory session count?

Thanks

• bpaskin
    bpaskin
    2885 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: maximum in memory session count

‏2013-05-13T17:01:46Z  in response to wspherian

Hi, what should happen if you exceed the session count AND you do not have it able to grow above what is set (checkbox in the ISC console) is an error is thrown. 

Regards, Brian

• bpaskin
    bpaskin
    2885 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T18:45:34Z  in response to wspherian

Hi, I just tried it myself and it works correctly.  On the number above the amount set I get  a java.lang.IllegalStateException.  I would make sure that you are setting both Nodes to have a limit of 1 and that it is not growable.

Regards,

Brian

• bpaskin
      bpaskin
      2885 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T18:54:18Z  in response to bpaskin

Here is the simple app I tested with attached to the note.

http://host:port/SessionTest/Session

Brian

Attachments