2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-12T08:36:22Z by Pekka_Makinen
tlkbb
tlkbb
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Views of Traceabilty for many-to-many linkages

‏2013-07-10T17:49:33Z |

Please help.

I recently wanna show my linked data from several modules. However i have met a big problem. 

Each of my objects has several linkages and this leads to a situation that i cant trace back the relations well.

For example, 

obj1 in Mod1 -> obj1 in Mod2

obj1 in Mod1 -> obj2in Mod2

obj1 in Mod2 -> obj1 in Mod3

obj1 in Mod2 -> obj2 in Mod3

obj2 in Mod2 -> obj1 in Mod3

obj2 in Mod2 -> obj2 in Mod3

After I apply the traceabiltiy Wizard, the display is as the following:

|         column 1           |            column 2                     |           column 3           |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|         obj1 in Mod1      |           obj1 in Mod2                 |          obj1 in Mod3      |

row 1           |                                 |           obj2 in Mod2                 |          obj2 in Mod3      |

|                                 |                                               |          obj1 in Mod3      |

|                                 |                                               |          obj2 in Mod3      |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can see that for the track for (obj1 in Mod1 -> obj2 in Mod2 -> obj2 in Mod3)  do not align. As my document has really many many links, it is impossible to me to view the track of certain linkages.

I would like to display my data in this way:

|         column 1           |            column 2                     |           column 3           |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

row 1           |         obj1 in Mod1      |           obj1 in Mod2                 |          obj1 in Mod3      |

row 2           |         obj1 in Mod1      |           obj1 in Mod2                 |          obj2 in Mod3      |

row 3           |         obj1 in Mod1      |           obj2 in Mod2                 |          obj1 in Mod3      |

row 4           |         obj1 in Mod1      |           obj2 in Mod2                 |          obj2 in Mod3      |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried starting the traceabilty wizard from my Module 3 but the problem is not resolved because for objects in Mod3, an object may has more than 1 linkage to Mod2 and so do Mod2.  

Is there any way to achieve this???? ( maybe an easy way :P? I am newbie in programming  )

MANY THANKSSSSS :)

Updated on 2013-07-11T01:45:53Z at 2013-07-11T01:45:53Z by tlkbb
  • MichaelGeorg
    MichaelGeorg
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Views of Traceabilty for many-to-many linkages

‏2013-07-12T08:09:57Z  in response to tlkbb

Hello tlkbb,

I don't think you can solve your problem with the tracebility wizard, but will need to create your own DXL Attribute or Layout DXL Column to show the information the way you want.

If you want to start learning DXL, have a look at the Links section in the DXL reference. There you can find information about how to loop through all outgoing (or incoming) links of an object and how to follow a link to its target (or source). With this two instruments and a little bit of text formatting you should be able to get what you want.

- Michael

• Pekka_Makinen
    Pekka_Makinen
    15 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Views of Traceabilty for many-to-many linkages

‏2013-07-12T08:36:22Z  in response to tlkbb

If you are using newer version of DOORS you have in Analysis Wizard step 4 a selection on "Recursive analysis" to show the results in multiple columns (as your results are shown). Remove the "Multiple columns" selection and then your traceability is shown in one column with intendation indicating what object is linked to what.