Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-19T07:54:56Z by Alvin Lobiano
Alvin Lobiano
Alvin Lobiano
2 Posts

Pinned topic Dojo tooltip position

‏2013-07-15T03:45:01Z | tooltip

Hi, Would like to know if it's posible to show the tooltip below or above the text when I mouse over. currently position is on the right side which covers some of the text.

I have tried to set the Location Technique from on Named tag to Relative to name tag and set the placement to before. but it does not work.

Hopefully someone can share to me some examples.

Thank you guys.

Updated on 2013-07-15T04:03:50Z at 2013-07-15T04:03:50Z by Alvin Lobiano
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    753 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dojo tooltip position

‏2013-07-17T15:05:08Z  

For any Dojo widget, you can consult the Dojo toolkit documentation to see how to configure the widget's behavior.  The documentation here: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.7/dijit/Tooltip.html describes a position parameter.  This parameter can be specified in a WEF model by setting the position attribute on the html tag using an Attribute Setter builder.  I've attached a sample model that demonstrates this.  The only tricky part about this is targeting the correct html tag with the Attribute Setter.  In this case, I used an Advanced Page Location expression:

Page page1 NameSearch namedTag XPath ../div

Which first locates the tag called namedTag on page1, then navigates to its parent element and then back down to the first div child, which is the div that the Dojo tooltip builder created.

Attachments

• kevintap
    kevintap
    753 Posts

‏2013-07-17T15:05:08Z  

For any Dojo widget, you can consult the Dojo toolkit documentation to see how to configure the widget's behavior.  The documentation here: http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.7/dijit/Tooltip.html describes a position parameter.  This parameter can be specified in a WEF model by setting the position attribute on the html tag using an Attribute Setter builder.  I've attached a sample model that demonstrates this.  The only tricky part about this is targeting the correct html tag with the Attribute Setter.  In this case, I used an Advanced Page Location expression:

Which first locates the tag called namedTag on page1, then navigates to its parent element and then back down to the first div child, which is the div that the Dojo tooltip builder created.

Attachments

• Alvin Lobiano
    Alvin Lobiano
    2 Posts

‏2013-07-19T07:54:56Z  
    • kevintap
    • ‏2013-07-17T15:05:08Z

Thank you! it works.