• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-07T12:55:43Z by thalapathi
thalapathi
thalapathi
64 Posts

Pinned topic ClearQuest - Mkreplica Import [URGENT]

‏2014-04-04T16:57:40Z |

Hi All,

I am getting while runnign the mkreplica -import command.

$ multiutil mkreplica -import -clan ABC_CQMS -site DEV -u cqadmin *** -database ccmprd -vendor ORACLE -server **** -dbologin DBName IPassword -connectopts "LOB_TYPE=CLOB;PORT=51521" -c " Replica creation " <packet path>

Multiutil: 0 transactions from RPC1 have been replayed into the MASTR database
Multiutil: 1 transactions from site RPC1 for the MASTR database were
    skipped because they have already been replayed.
Multiutil: CRMMS0054E Caught an exception. Detailed exception information is:
Database registry file "/opt/rational/RationalSDLC/clearquest/CQDB_rgys/cqdb_registry/7.0.0/CQMS.VISA_CQMS.RPC2/DBNAME" does not exist

Tried to run the command again after running "cqreg refresh -all"

multiutil mkreplica -import -clan ABC_CQMS -site DEV -u cqadmin *** -database ccmprd -vendor ORACLE -server **** -dbologin DBName IPassword -connectopts "LOB_TYPE=CLOB;PORT=51521" -c " Replica creation " <packet path>

Multiutil: CRMMS0093E Error: Exception: CRMMD1228E The database for "ccmprd" already has some tables defined.  Please designate an empty database

Could youone tell me the reason for the failure?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Jose

• pradpara
    pradpara
    5 Posts

Re: ClearQuest - Mkreplica Import [URGENT]

‏2014-04-07T04:58:53Z  

Hi Jose,

Make sure the databases you created in the replica importing site are empty before running the import command. The error message suggests here its not after the first failed import.

You might want to have a look at the below links for clean up of failed imports and re try,

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v8r0m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.clearquest.ms_admin.doc/topics/t_cqreplica_import_probs.htm

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v8r0m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.clearquest.ms_admin.doc/topics/t_failed_import_recovery.htm

Thanks

• thalapathi
    thalapathi
    64 Posts

Re: ClearQuest - Mkreplica Import [URGENT]

‏2014-04-07T12:55:43Z  

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply

Multiutil: CRMMS0054E Caught an exception. Detailed exception information is:
    Database registry file "/opt/rational/RationalSDLC/clearquest/CQDB_rgys/cqdb_registry/7.0.0/CQMS.VISA_CQMS.RPC2/DBNAME" does not exist

I find the problem. The account we used to run the import command doesn't have the permissions to write to "/opt/rational/RationalSDLC/clearquest/CQDB_rgys/cqdb_registry/7.0.0/CQMS.VISA_CQMS.RPC2 directory.

I believe running the import command with proper permission after getting new user DB from DBA should solve the issue.

Will keep you posted on this.

Cheers,

Jose