IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections Platform is now in read-only mode and content is only available for viewing. No new wiki pages, posts, or messages may be added. Please see our FAQ for more information. The developerWorks Connections platform will officially shut down on March 31, 2020 and content will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ. (Read in Japanese.)
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-09-19T19:18:41Z by Tony Narduzzi
thayalan02
thayalan02
10 Posts

Pinned topic Spectrum Insights - data collector lost connection Intermittently

‏2018-09-13T04:14:37Z |

Dear members,

We have running Spectrum Insights Pro and installed with Data Collector agent. But some how we notice the connection drop and the data collector are missing some data. 

After further investigate, there is no any issues at customer site. To more prepare and alert, we did installed another data collector at same environment, but the issues appear again for both data collector. End of the day when we check at performance data there was missing some days of performance. 

Could anyone help on this. Appreciated.

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

Re: Spectrum Insights - data collector lost connection Intermittently

‏2018-09-17T18:49:31Z  

Hello,

There are two issues contributing to the data collector problems that you describe.  One is a problem with the latest data collector code; I would like to get logs from your data collector(s) to confirm this.  If you can, please open a support case and I'll provide you with instructions for collecting the data that I need.  If you would like I can also have the case opened for you, but because the collector(s) are down I may not be able to get the data from them that I need for this.

The other issue is under investigation but there was a problem within our environment that cotributed to some of this as well.

Please follow up.

Thanks.

• thayalan02
    thayalan02
    10 Posts

‏2018-09-19T15:53:20Z  

Hello,

There are two issues contributing to the data collector problems that you describe.  One is a problem with the latest data collector code; I would like to get logs from your data collector(s) to confirm this.  If you can, please open a support case and I'll provide you with instructions for collecting the data that I need.  If you would like I can also have the case opened for you, but because the collector(s) are down I may not be able to get the data from them that I need for this.

The other issue is under investigation but there was a problem within our environment that cotributed to some of this as well.

Please follow up.

Thanks.

HI Tony,

yes, we already open a case now working on it but we have slow respond from support and customer are keep asking us. Currently we install 2 data collector but both have the issues intermittent connection. probably i will attach the screen shot. 

• Tony Narduzzi
    Tony Narduzzi
    76 Posts

‏2018-09-19T19:18:41Z  

Hello,

I found the one support case that you have open right now and spoke with it's owner to get a response out to you.  That one is for a different issue than what you describe here - also dealing with the data collector but in regards to specific functions, not general stability.  Regardless you should receive an update on that one soon.

Back to the topic at hand here - data collector stability.  Based on your screenshot(s) the issues that you report here are almost certainly due to an issue present in our environment that has very high focus.  I am expecting more updates on that tomorrow actually.  We can open a support case for the data collector stability issue if you would like, however that case will still be pending resolution of some known issues present in our environment.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thanks.