Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-09T17:40:34Z by Mike_W
Mike_W
Mike_W
65 Posts

Pinned topic Infoassist Tutorial 2.1

‏2013-07-08T20:08:47Z |

I have to do some Infoassist training for a small group and the last time I gave it we were using Webquery 1.1.2. We are now on 2.1 and I am looking for an updated version of the Infoassist Tutorial. The last version I can find was published in February of 2011.

Will there be a new version out soon?

Thanks,
Mike

• GeneCobb
    GeneCobb
    371 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Infoassist Tutorial 2.1

‏2013-07-08T21:22:15Z  
    • ktrisko
    • ‏2013-07-08T20:59:23Z

Gotcha.   I will have to defer to smarter folks then ... Gene?  :-)

"Smarter" and "Gene" are rarely seen in the same sentence (heck, same paragraph!) But I will try to help.

Mike - which link are you talking about? Are you referring to section 5.3.2 Downloading completed tutorials on page 158? If so, this is intended for you to download a zip file of the "change package" of the actual completed tutorials - the synonyms, folders, and all FEX's (reports, charts, dashboards, etc.).  Since the work has already been done, this really isn't a useful training tool. It is helpful if you just want working examples to go from and don't want to spend the time going through the tutorials yourself. This link will not be active until the official, edited version of the Redbook has been published as there may be changes in content and format (and we want to be consistent with whats in the Redbook). When will this be, you ask? Hopefully soon, but I have been saying that for awhile I know. For various reasons, this Redbook has experienced its fair share of delays.

Maybe I am missing something but I did a search for the word "Tutorials" and really didn't see anything other than that. So Kevin is correct - the Redbooks themselves are the IA tutorials (at least section 2 which chapters 5 through 22). The standalone IA tutorials that you referred to have not been updated in quite some time and I don't think there is any project to do so.

Updated on 2013-07-08T21:25:04Z at 2013-07-08T21:25:04Z by GeneCobb
  • ktrisko
    ktrisko
    52 Posts

‏2013-07-08T20:22:49Z  

Perhaps I am not reading this correctly, but the WebQuery 2.1.0 RedBook is all InfoAssist examples

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg248063.html?Open

Is that what you mean?

• Mike_W
    Mike_W
    65 Posts

‏2013-07-08T20:51:20Z  
    • ktrisko
    • ‏2013-07-08T20:22:49Z

Perhaps I am not reading this correctly, but the WebQuery 2.1.0 RedBook is all InfoAssist examples

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg248063.html?Open

Is that what you mean?

Yep, but the Redbook says there is supposed to be a link just to the tutorials and it is missing.

• ktrisko
    ktrisko
    52 Posts

‏2013-07-08T20:59:23Z  

• GeneCobb
    GeneCobb
    371 Posts

‏2013-07-08T21:22:15Z  
    • ktrisko
    • ‏2013-07-08T20:59:23Z

"Smarter" and "Gene" are rarely seen in the same sentence (heck, same paragraph!) But I will try to help.

Mike - which link are you talking about? Are you referring to section 5.3.2 Downloading completed tutorials on page 158? If so, this is intended for you to download a zip file of the "change package" of the actual completed tutorials - the synonyms, folders, and all FEX's (reports, charts, dashboards, etc.).  Since the work has already been done, this really isn't a useful training tool. It is helpful if you just want working examples to go from and don't want to spend the time going through the tutorials yourself. This link will not be active until the official, edited version of the Redbook has been published as there may be changes in content and format (and we want to be consistent with whats in the Redbook). When will this be, you ask? Hopefully soon, but I have been saying that for awhile I know. For various reasons, this Redbook has experienced its fair share of delays.

Maybe I am missing something but I did a search for the word "Tutorials" and really didn't see anything other than that. So Kevin is correct - the Redbooks themselves are the IA tutorials (at least section 2 which chapters 5 through 22). The standalone IA tutorials that you referred to have not been updated in quite some time and I don't think there is any project to do so.

Updated on 2013-07-08T21:25:04Z at 2013-07-08T21:25:04Z by GeneCobb
  • Mike_W
    Mike_W
    65 Posts

‏2013-07-09T17:40:34Z  
    • GeneCobb
    • ‏2013-07-08T21:22:15Z

Thanks Gene, I will work through the material in the Redbook with my people. I don't think I'll print the 800+ pages for them though... :)