Topic
  • 83 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-17T04:32:22Z by S.A.SAMI
bobleah
bobleah
3 Posts

Pinned topic Frequently Asked Questions

‏2010-08-23T02:36:15Z |
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions wiki page for any questions you may have on TGMC 2012.  Additionally, feel free to use this message board to ask any additional questions you may have!

Updated on 2013-01-17T04:32:22Z at 2013-01-17T04:32:22Z by S.A.SAMI
  • footy
    footy
    7 Posts

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

‏2010-09-05T16:43:11Z  
    The FAQs 25 and 27 are somewhat conflicting. I didnt understand it 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    25. Will I be certified if I don’t win this contest?

Everyone who successfully submits a valid project will receive a participation certificate

27. Do I get a certificate at all?

Yes. You will receive a certificate of participation if you submit a full project within the timelines. Please keep in mind that no certificate will be issued to a team that does not use IBM tools -- database server (DB2), development tool (Eclipse/RAD) and application server (WebSphere Application Server/WebSphere Application Server CE) -- in the TGMC 2010 project. You can also choose to be our ambassador to take forward this program within your college or among your friends from other colleges. In this case, you will get some additional rewards from IBM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
     So if anyone completes the project using any other opensource technology say like php insted of jsp then the team wont recieve a certificate right? ALL development softwares must be from IBM (the ones mentioned in q27) ?

Also How to become an ambassador for our college? 
  • TusharGee
    TusharGee
    5 Posts

‏2010-09-06T10:34:10Z  
    • footy
    • ‏2010-09-05T16:43:11Z
    The FAQs 25 and 27 are somewhat conflicting. I didnt understand it 
    25. Will I be certified if I don’t win this contest?

Everyone who successfully submits a valid project will receive a participation certificate

27. Do I get a certificate at all?

Yes. You will receive a certificate of participation if you submit a full project within the timelines. Please keep in mind that no certificate will be issued to a team that does not use IBM tools -- database server (DB2), development tool (Eclipse/RAD) and application server (WebSphere Application Server/WebSphere Application Server CE) -- in the TGMC 2010 project. You can also choose to be our ambassador to take forward this program within your college or among your friends from other colleges. In this case, you will get some additional rewards from IBM.
     So if anyone completes the project using any other opensource technology say like php insted of jsp then the team wont recieve a certificate right? ALL development softwares must be from IBM (the ones mentioned in q27) ?

Also How to become an ambassador for our college? 
    Yes you are right, a certificate will be issued only when tools used in the project are ones specified  in Q27.

In order to become a student ambassador, please mail on this id tgmcambassador@kestone.in
  • footy
    footy
    7 Posts

‏2010-09-06T14:19:34Z  
    • TusharGee
    • ‏2010-09-06T10:34:10Z
    Yes you are right, a certificate will be issued only when tools used in the project are ones specified  in Q27.

In order to become a student ambassador, please mail on this id tgmcambassador@kestone.in
    Just for curisity :P

Isnt it fundamentally opposite to the contest. Isnt it supposed to an open-source contest where ANY open-source technology is accepted. Or am i may be mistaken ! lol after-all its IBMs project and naturally they will tell to use their's. But recommending and compulsion are 2 different things! :)

• skrsarvnn
    skrsarvnn
    269 Posts

‏2010-09-10T11:53:15Z  
    • footy
    • ‏2010-09-06T14:19:34Z
    Just for curisity :P

Isnt it fundamentally opposite to the contest. Isnt it supposed to an open-source contest where ANY open-source technology is accepted. Or am i may be mistaken ! lol after-all its IBMs project and naturally they will tell to use their's. But recommending and compulsion are 2 different things! :)

We are not calling TGMC a Open source technology contest. Project development has to adhere to IBM Technologies and Tools.
  • Khush
    Khush
    1 Post

‏2010-09-12T10:54:03Z  
     for virtual medical home scenario the team size is referred to as 4. is it possible to make the project with 3 members and still remain eligible for tgmc contest??
  • skrsarvnn
    skrsarvnn
    269 Posts

‏2010-09-13T03:37:41Z  
    • Khush
    • ‏2010-09-12T10:54:03Z
     for virtual medical home scenario the team size is referred to as 4. is it possible to make the project with 3 members and still remain eligible for tgmc contest??
     Hi,
    You can do the project with 2 - 4 members.
  • Mahitha
    Mahitha
    2 Posts

‏2010-09-17T12:37:26Z  
     Hi,
           In some of the projects it is specified that the technology to be used is HTML, but in the scoring criteria, it is mentioned that if the tools they have mentioned are not used, the project will not be considered valid. Can HTML be used for the said projects?
  • skrsarvnn
    skrsarvnn
    269 Posts

‏2010-09-18T05:48:50Z  
    • Mahitha
    • ‏2010-09-17T12:37:26Z
     Hi,
           In some of the projects it is specified that the technology to be used is HTML, but in the scoring criteria, it is mentioned that if the tools they have mentioned are not used, the project will not be considered valid. Can HTML be used for the said projects?
     Hi,
    You can very well use HTML in your project. Tools are different from technology to be used in the project. You can use Java, Java based technologies along with HTML for project development.

All the best
  • Mahitha
    Mahitha
    2 Posts

‏2010-09-18T06:03:26Z  
    • skrsarvnn
    • ‏2010-09-18T05:48:50Z
     Hi,
    You can very well use HTML in your project. Tools are different from technology to be used in the project. You can use Java, Java based technologies along with HTML for project development.

All the best
     Thank you :)
  • SoniyaAhuja
    SoniyaAhuja
    1 Post

‏2010-09-28T11:11:47Z  
    • skrsarvnn
    • ‏2010-09-18T05:48:50Z
     Hi,

All the best
     Hi Saravanan,

You said that we can use Java or Java based technologies. I have some queries about this. Could you please help me get in touch with you? Could I get your email or any other contact details - my email is soniya.ahuja@gmail.com
  • portio
    portio
    1 Post

‏2010-09-29T08:52:31Z  
     can we change the project name after the registration completion.
  • pankajgarg
    pankajgarg
    1 Post

‏2010-09-29T10:51:03Z  
     hello sir,
    i am an ece student and dont have any knowledge of database or the it tools to be used in this competition.
    what i need to do to participate as ambassador in this competition. i am a final year student and has database(email id's) of all the b.tech students of our college. 
  • sarim
    sarim
    146 Posts

‏2010-09-30T04:27:49Z  
    • portio
    • ‏2010-09-29T08:52:31Z
     can we change the project name after the registration completion.
     Hello,

Yes,  you can change your project name. Please mail the details to editprofile@kestone.in
  • sarim
    sarim
    146 Posts

‏2010-09-30T04:32:25Z  
     hello sir,
    i am an ece student and dont have any knowledge of database or the it tools to be used in this competition.
    what i need to do to participate as ambassador in this competition. i am a final year student and has database(email id's) of all the b.tech students of our college. 
     Hello Pankaj,

Nice to see you interested in becoming a TGMC Student ambassador. Please see to it that you are apart of the TGMC Alumni Group and also check out the page on student ambassador for more details. 
  • NeeluArora
    NeeluArora
    2 Posts

‏2010-10-15T11:56:13Z  
     sir
    i m selecting the virtual class room scenario but now i cant understand what it is and how we make project in it
  • RuhbanShah
    RuhbanShah
    1 Post

‏2010-10-15T18:24:52Z  
    Sir, 

I am a new student at this college, so  is it absolutely required to have a faculty mentor from my college or can it be a mentor in general 
  • skrsarvnn
    skrsarvnn
    269 Posts

‏2010-10-17T18:14:39Z  
    Sir, 

I am a new student at this college, so  is it absolutely required to have a faculty mentor from my college or can it be a mentor in general 
     Hi,
    You should have faculty guide only from your college.

All the best
  • rajat081211
    rajat081211
    2 Posts

‏2010-11-10T16:00:28Z  
    Hi, 
    I have a query concerning the virtual medical home scenario. what will be the work of kiosk manager.Is he at server side or client side.Please explain it in some detail. 
    Can you please reply it at the rajatjain2009@gmail.com 
    Thanks in advance. 
  • skrsarvnn
    skrsarvnn
    269 Posts

‏2010-11-11T04:41:57Z  
    Hi, 
    I have a query concerning the virtual medical home scenario. what will be the work of kiosk manager.Is he at server side or client side.Please explain it in some detail. 
    Can you please reply it at the rajatjain2009@gmail.com 
    Thanks in advance. 
     Hi,
    Person at server side will be a admin and at client side will be your manager.

All the best
  • rajat081211
    rajat081211
    2 Posts

‏2010-11-11T15:05:34Z  
    • skrsarvnn
    • ‏2010-11-11T04:41:57Z
     Hi,
    Person at server side will be a admin and at client side will be your manager.

All the best
    Hi.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I also want to know how do we generate revenue in order to pay
    commission to the Kiosk Manager?

• skrsarvnn
    skrsarvnn
    269 Posts

‏2010-11-19T09:05:57Z  
    Hi.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I also want to know how do we generate revenue in order to pay
    commission to the Kiosk Manager?

Hi,
    Few you think such kind of system would work..develop it.

All the best
  • Shivam27790
    Shivam27790
    2 Posts

‏2010-11-19T19:08:06Z  
    • skrsarvnn
    • ‏2010-11-19T09:05:57Z
     Hi,
    Few you think such kind of system would work..develop it.

All the best
    Hi, 
    I wanted to know that you didn't mention about using tools for UML. Can we use any tool as we are unable to find nice plugins.Besides some of your alumni has told us that we can use any tool or even we can scan our drawings.Kindly reply to this.  

Thanks in advance. 
  • footy
    footy
    7 Posts

‏2010-11-20T09:02:15Z  
     Hi,
     Could we use open-source resources? Like for example could we take part of codes for HTML templates from open-source. Or Java scripts out there if we can understand them?
  • Sabarimani
    Sabarimani
    1 Post

‏2010-12-03T15:13:55Z  
     i want sample SRS..
    If u have it means please send to rsabarimani@gmail.com

wih regards,
    R.Sabarimani