Topic
  • 33 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-26T14:30:57Z by raytan
raytan
raytan
29 Posts

Pinned topic Is there any aspect of the page we could do to improve more?

‏2014-06-03T20:53:59Z |

Please click Reply below, and in your reply, specify the page you are in, or just cut and paste the URL link.

Updated on 2014-06-10T12:13:42Z at 2014-06-10T12:13:42Z by raytan
  • mythoughts
    mythoughts
    5 Posts

Re: Is there any aspect of the page we could do to improve more?

‏2014-06-10T12:28:10Z  

I really like the page.  Just the comment as before 'arrow' to take you through the content

• TomRecchia
    TomRecchia
    20 Posts

‏2014-06-10T13:53:42Z  

Home Page:  User needs to hit arrow and then scroll to get to Learn.  The Learn button should be displayed when user hits the first down arrow.

Updated on 2014-06-10T14:19:03Z at 2014-06-10T14:19:03Z by TomRecchia
  • TomRecchia
    TomRecchia
    20 Posts

‏2014-06-10T14:03:02Z  
    My Services (initial provisioning of trial): when trial is getting provisioned the My Services Instructions button are grayed out.  Not sure why.   If the user did not see the screen to look for an email they are not sure what to do.

• TomRecchia
    TomRecchia
    20 Posts

‏2014-06-10T14:04:45Z  
    My Services page:  My Services Instructions pop-up mentions Service Engage user Id and pwd for the first time. During trial reg, ibm.com ID was used.  Need to tie them together.

• TomRecchia
    TomRecchia
    20 Posts

‏2014-06-10T14:09:41Z  
    Login should be in upper right corner.  It is not obvious that login is under My Services

• TomRecchia
    TomRecchia
    20 Posts

‏2014-06-10T14:16:41Z  
    Screen after Spin up trial:  The user only has minimal time to read the next step after trial registration.  Some competitors use videos.  Also, we don't state who is the sender for the email .

• JayDavis
    JayDavis
    1 Post

‏2014-06-10T16:17:28Z  

The login is confusing (for IBM people, I am sure). The only way  (on any of the pages) that you know there is content further down the page, is noticing the right vertical scroll. In IE 11.0.9 the word About is covered by the scroll bar graphic. In IE the red button between the (cool) soap box cars does not have a down arrow. When you click Catalog you get a page with no close graphic. You have to click outside the box to close the new page, (that you might want to consider being a pop-up. I would suggest a dropdown mouse over menu (CSS 3).

About would typically show: Contact us, About IBM, Terms of use etc. I do like the Why IBM Service Management.

Updated on 2014-06-10T16:18:01Z at 2014-06-10T16:18:01Z by JayDavis
  • jon.brodhead
    jon.brodhead
    7 Posts

‏2014-06-10T16:28:53Z  

Pricing - remove the link to PVU pricing details  Causes more confusion.

• tsaijoen
    tsaijoen
    4 Posts

‏2014-06-11T17:49:53Z  

I like the welcome page and the way the scroll bar is working and scrolling the page very fast down, also the way everything has been explained is very easy to understand and it is self explaining I don't need a highly experienced IT guy to understand what you mean.

• TomRecchia
    TomRecchia
    20 Posts

‏2014-06-13T14:09:50Z  

Home and Learn page:  From Bruce Mante - consider changing the color of the down arrow from red (implies stop) to green

• HarryBiedermann
    HarryBiedermann
    7 Posts

‏2014-06-16T09:08:11Z  

I get different results of the pages relating to the web browser.

With Chrome, the result is the expected one, with Firefox I can see no picture and with IE9 the page is corrupted.

• SteveChoquette
    SteveChoquette
    5 Posts

‏2014-06-16T14:12:45Z  

This question came from a DSR and is not unique to SE V2, but might influence the design:

Consider this sequence:

• Customer looked at the APM beta in April
    • walked away
    • Came back in June
    • Would they know what is new (e.g. agents supported) and why they should reconsider the offering?
  • JohannRumpl-EAM
    JohannRumpl-EAM
    2 Posts

‏2014-06-16T14:36:46Z  

Yes, I've some points I'd like to mention here:

• "Asset Management" should be replaced by "Enterprise Asset Management" - the term "Asset Management" is currently used by the financial business and is very, very different to "Enterprise Asset Management"
    • There is no 30 days trial of Maximo Enterprise Asset Managment available, just the live demo. There should be a "robust" track for Maximo as well. For IT Service Management it would be available.
    • What about different languages for the whole IBM Service Engage Website. The german people are very proud about their language and everytime when somone, even in a demo, uses english terms they can get uncomfortable.
    • When I navigate to a service site eg. the "Asset Management" Site I'll see 3 "Menu/navigation? bars" at the top of the page:
      - Catalog / My Services / About / Start your free trial (which will not work as expected)
      - Learn / Explore / Try / Buy / Extend
      - Overview / Details / Reviews / Videos
      --> This kind of navigation confuses me quite a bit. especially because the third one disappears by scrolling down
    • By clicking on "Explore" in the "Asset Management" Service I'll be forwarded to a page with a different layout. This page should have the same Style than Charlie
  • Pete Marshall
    Pete Marshall
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-16T22:23:59Z  

Home Page:  User needs to hit arrow and then scroll to get to Learn.  The Learn button should be displayed when user hits the first down arrow.

Tom, not sure I understand this one. The Learn button shows up as the page is loaded and stays visible after the down button is clicked. Can you explain more? Thanks.

• Pete Marshall
    Pete Marshall
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-16T22:30:15Z  
    • JayDavis
    • ‏2014-06-10T16:17:28Z

The login is confusing (for IBM people, I am sure). The only way  (on any of the pages) that you know there is content further down the page, is noticing the right vertical scroll. In IE 11.0.9 the word About is covered by the scroll bar graphic. In IE the red button between the (cool) soap box cars does not have a down arrow. When you click Catalog you get a page with no close graphic. You have to click outside the box to close the new page, (that you might want to consider being a pop-up. I would suggest a dropdown mouse over menu (CSS 3).

About would typically show: Contact us, About IBM, Terms of use etc. I do like the Why IBM Service Management.

Jay, thanks for the feedback. We'll have someone look at that scroll bar issue. Does it change as you change the width of the browser window? 

Agree with you comment on the About content: we'll be adding to this over time.

Thanks for the other comments too: very useful input as we make future updates.

• Pete Marshall
    Pete Marshall
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-16T22:32:47Z  

Pricing - remove the link to PVU pricing details  Causes more confusion.

Hi Jon, PVU pricing is there as some of these offerings are available as on-premises solutions as well as SaaS. Do you think there's something we should be doing to make this clearer? Thanks. 

• Pete Marshall
    Pete Marshall
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-16T22:34:36Z  
    • tsaijoen
    • ‏2014-06-11T17:49:53Z

I like the welcome page and the way the scroll bar is working and scrolling the page very fast down, also the way everything has been explained is very easy to understand and it is self explaining I don't need a highly experienced IT guy to understand what you mean.

Thank you for the positive feedback. Much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to review Service Engage.

• Pete Marshall
    Pete Marshall
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-16T22:36:41Z  

With Chrome, the result is the expected one, with Firefox I can see no picture and with IE9 the page is corrupted.

Harry, thanks for the feedback. Could you let us know the specific browsers versions and we'll investigate. Appreciate the help.

• Pete Marshall
    Pete Marshall
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-16T22:40:33Z  

This question came from a DSR and is not unique to SE V2, but might influence the design:

Consider this sequence:

• Customer looked at the APM beta in April
    • walked away
    • Came back in June
    • Would they know what is new (e.g. agents supported) and why they should reconsider the offering?

Hi Steve, we're hoping that the New sub-tab will eventually contain exactly the information that that would solve this issue you describe. Admittedly the content is not there yet but this is a good reminder of the importance of keeping this content current. Thanks for posting.

• Pete Marshall
    Pete Marshall
    13 Posts

‏2014-06-16T22:59:44Z  

Yes, I've some points I'd like to mention here:

• "Asset Management" should be replaced by "Enterprise Asset Management" - the term "Asset Management" is currently used by the financial business and is very, very different to "Enterprise Asset Management"
    • There is no 30 days trial of Maximo Enterprise Asset Managment available, just the live demo. There should be a "robust" track for Maximo as well. For IT Service Management it would be available.
    • What about different languages for the whole IBM Service Engage Website. The german people are very proud about their language and everytime when somone, even in a demo, uses english terms they can get uncomfortable.
    • When I navigate to a service site eg. the "Asset Management" Site I'll see 3 "Menu/navigation? bars" at the top of the page:
      - Catalog / My Services / About / Start your free trial (which will not work as expected)
      - Learn / Explore / Try / Buy / Extend
      - Overview / Details / Reviews / Videos
      --> This kind of navigation confuses me quite a bit. especially because the third one disappears by scrolling down
    • By clicking on "Explore" in the "Asset Management" Service I'll be forwarded to a page with a different layout. This page should have the same Style than Charlie

Hi Johann, thanks for taking the time to review and provide feedback. Let me respond to your points bullet by bullet:

• We'll run your comment on naming by the product management team and see if they want to update.
    • Thanks for catching - we do need to update this.
    • Globalization and support for non-English languages (including German) is in the plan and should be delivered in the coming months.
    • Thanks for noting your confusion with the navigation bars, we'll keep it in mind.
    • Yes, those page look and feel do differ and we'll be addressing this.

Again, thanks for the feedback and do let us know if you notice anything else.

• HarryBiedermann
    HarryBiedermann
    7 Posts

‏2014-06-17T12:47:43Z  

Hi Pete, I tried it with same Browser Versions on an other machine and it worked. I guess I have a problem with different coexisting JAVA-Versions (I need IBM Java for TEP ;-))

• TomRecchia
    TomRecchia
    20 Posts

‏2014-06-17T15:53:55Z  

Workload Automation Learn- Features: Get started with zero upfront investment and Migrate existing cron job definitions..are these features?…maybe pull from here….https://start.wa.ibmserviceengage.com/ibm/TWSSandbox/wa/wa_whatisnew.jsp

• WillieHarris
    WillieHarris
    2 Posts

‏2014-06-17T19:27:56Z  
    My Services (initial provisioning of trial): when trial is getting provisioned the My Services Instructions button are grayed out.  Not sure why.   If the user did not see the screen to look for an email they are not sure what to do.

While a trial is being provisioned, SE does not have the instructions yet from the endpoint controller so the button is grayed out.

• WillieHarris
    WillieHarris
    2 Posts

‏2014-06-17T20:17:35Z  
    My Services page:  My Services Instructions pop-up mentions Service Engage user Id and pwd for the first time. During trial reg, ibm.com ID was used.  Need to tie them together.

I notice that it's APM that is referring to Service Engage user name and password. TWA refers to IBM ID.  I'll inform the APM team about updating their instructions.