• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-18T12:30:05Z by Alejo_Lucero
Alejo_Lucero
Alejo_Lucero
8 Posts

Pinned topic class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0

‏2013-04-17T14:53:14Z | rad was websphere

Hi community,

I'm using RAD 8.5 to run a java project on the server (websphere application develiper v8.5), but everytime I do I get the following error:

Exception thrown by application class 'com.ibm.wireless.proxy.ProxyServlet.init():103'
  No proxy without config!!! Details: Invalid rule: C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents\LiteBlue\liteblue_src\classpath\config\DefaultScript.java:5: cannot access java.util.HashMap bad class file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\java\jre\lib\java.util.jar(java/util/HashMap.class) class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0 Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath. import java.util.HashMap; ^ 1 error
   at com.ibm.wireless.proxy.ProxyServlet.init(ProxyServlet.java:103)

I  understand the issue is related to the java version the project was compiled with. I've thought about running the project on WAS 6.1 but I haven't been able to make it work with RAD 8.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Updated on 2013-04-17T14:55:07Z at 2013-04-17T14:55:07Z by Alejo_Lucero
  • bpaskin
    bpaskin
    5478 Posts

Re: class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0

‏2013-04-17T15:59:48Z  

Hi, Right click on the Java Project > Properties > Java Build Path.  Make sure the correct JRE is selected.  It is probably at a lower level than necessary.

Regards,

Brian

• Alejo_Lucero
    Alejo_Lucero
    8 Posts

‏2013-04-18T07:51:51Z  
    • bpaskin
    • ‏2013-04-17T15:59:48Z

Hi, Right click on the Java Project > Properties > Java Build Path.  Make sure the correct JRE is selected.  It is probably at a lower level than necessary.

Regards,

Brian

Thank you bpaskin, but I tried that already with no successful results.

My guess now is that I should downgrade to Websphere Application Server v6.1 which uses Java 1.5, but I haven't been able to make it work on RAD v8.5. Probably in the end I'll downgrade to RAD v8.0 too

• bpaskin
    bpaskin
    5478 Posts

‏2013-04-18T11:07:17Z  

Thank you bpaskin, but I tried that already with no successful results.

My guess now is that I should downgrade to Websphere Application Server v6.1 which uses Java 1.5, but I haven't been able to make it work on RAD v8.5. Probably in the end I'll downgrade to RAD v8.0 too

Hi, You should not need to downgrade to make this work.  I have WASv6.1 through 8.5 installed on my system.  Please make sure that you created the project for the correct version of WAS, which it sounds like you did not.  Is this a Java Project or a Web Project?  You may have to clean the project to rebuild the classes.  Project > Clean and then select your project.  This will force the classes to be built with the version of Java that you have selected in Build Path of the Properties.  Also in the Properties modal window, select the Java Compiler and make sure it is the version you are tending to run.

Regards,

Brian

• Alejo_Lucero
    Alejo_Lucero
    8 Posts

‏2013-04-18T12:30:05Z  
    • bpaskin
    • ‏2013-04-18T11:07:17Z

Hi, You should not need to downgrade to make this work.  I have WASv6.1 through 8.5 installed on my system.  Please make sure that you created the project for the correct version of WAS, which it sounds like you did not.  Is this a Java Project or a Web Project?  You may have to clean the project to rebuild the classes.  Project > Clean and then select your project.  This will force the classes to be built with the version of Java that you have selected in Build Path of the Properties.  Also in the Properties modal window, select the Java Compiler and make sure it is the version you are tending to run.

Regards,

Brian

I had already tried Clean->rebuild but it didn't work.

I actually downloaded the project from a repository. I believe the web project was created to run on WAS v6.1. The issue is that I haven't been able to create a server runtime environment for WAS v6.1 on RAD 8.5.  I found a standalone setup of WAS v6.1, but the installer says it's not compatible with windows 7, so I installed a fix package, but still the server runtime environment does not show up in RAD