Topic
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-22T13:44:04Z by bbrooksux
bbrooksux
bbrooksux
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problems Importing RAVE visualizations

‏2013-10-10T19:57:27Z |

Has anyone experienced problems or errors when trying to import the new visualizations to 10.2.1?  I attempted to add these numerous times using the approach below and get the attached error message.  I've also put in a ticket with IBM but haven't had any further response:

1.       I downloaded several of the visualizations from the Analytics Zone website such as vis.sample.clusteredbar.default.zip.
  2.        I placed the file on my desktop, then launched 10.2.1 Cognos Administration. 
  3.        Clicked the Library Tab
  4.        Clicked the Import Visualisations button
  5.        Clicked the Browse… link
  6.        Selected vis.sample.clusteredbar.default.zip from my desktop
  7.        Clicked the Import button
  8.        Get the attached fail message

IIIt's my understanding that the process should be fairly straightforward when importing these, so I'm not certain why it would be giving me problems.

TThanks!

Attachments

• rperzul
    rperzul
    62 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problems Importing RAVE visualizations

‏2013-10-11T05:13:08Z  in response to bbrooksux

Any chance to place the file on the server directly and try to do the import from the server locally? Just an idea. I assume that you do have administration rights.

• bbrooksux
      bbrooksux
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-11T14:22:10Z  in response to rperzul

Yes, I've tried a couple of different methods: importing from my desktop remotely from the server and importing with the file directly on the server while logged into the server as administrator. Both methods produce the same error.

• MattNa
    MattNa
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-14T15:58:30Z  in response to bbrooksux

Hi there

I am able to import these without any issues from a directory on my local machine.  Please tell me the error when you hover over the red X?  This is the real error.

• bbrooksux
      bbrooksux
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-14T16:53:14Z  in response to MattNa

The error I see is "Unexpected response: Not Found".  Again, this is happening when I am trying to import the .zip file itself.  Should I be unzipping the file and trying to import part or all of the contents within?

• k.anurag
    k.anurag
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-22T10:07:14Z  in response to bbrooksux

hi same issue with .

just installed Cognos 10.2.1.

Anonymous  access is On so by default it is admin account.

Placed the file on server where Cognos is installed and when getting the same error message when importing .zip visualization.

Am i doing anything wrong ??

Also i checked the dispatcher in the administration page and i don't see any visualization service installed.

Help needed .(Heat maps needed actually)

• DanielWagemann
      DanielWagemann
      850 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-22T13:37:22Z  in response to k.anurag

I would need to see the error text displayed in the tooltip when you mouse-over the red X on the failed import.  I would also need to see the cogserver.log file from a failed import...

But before you post these, make sure the visualization version you are using from the gallery matches that of your BI install... so in your case you should be using the 10.2.1 visualizations.

• bbrooksux
      bbrooksux
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-22T13:44:04Z  in response to k.anurag

Sorry, I should have posted my resolution to this issue.  It appears that this is due to the fact that there are visualizations for 10.2.1 (no fix pack) and 10.2.1.1 (Fix Pack 1).  By default, the analytics zone website downloads the 10.2.1.1 version of the visualization. If your environment is on 10.2.1 and doesn't have the fix pack applied, this will produce the error message.  Also, apparently the 10.2.1 visualizations work in 10.2.1.1, but you may not get added functionality, such as the ability to use the visualizations within report studio.  In order to get it to work properly, revisit the analytics zone download page and ensure you're clicking on the 10.2.1 link.  I hope that helps resolve your issue.