Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-11T19:54:40Z by Wayne E Jones
Wayne E Jones
Wayne E Jones
2 Posts

Pinned topic How to get Liberty Profile Runtime as an option for a Portlet Project's Target Runtime?

‏2014-07-08T16:11:47Z |

I do have the Liberty Server installed and am able to create the Liberty Server instance.

However, when creating a Portlet Project, the Liberty Profile is not an option for Target Runtime. The Liberty Profile is an option for Web Projects.

Using RAD 9.1 and the latest Liberty Download.

Updated on 2014-07-08T16:16:44Z at 2014-07-08T16:16:44Z by Wayne E Jones
  • David-IBM
    David-IBM
    22 Posts

Re: How to get Liberty Profile Runtime as an option for a Portlet Project's Target Runtime?

‏2014-08-11T14:22:17Z  

Hello,

I found the following link which shows how to add a Liberty server to WDT/Eclipse and target a portlet project to the server.

Link: https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/docs/developing-portlet-applications-wdt-liberty-profile/

When you state "... the Liberty profile is not an option for Target runtime. The Liberty profile is an option for web projects....", what exactly is meant by this?

Do you mean that you do not see the runtime displayed in the list as in Screenshot1 (attached)?

If so and if you are using RAD (not RSA), please go to installation manager and confirm that you have the following installed as in Screenshot2. You need to make sure to have the components that are circled in the screenshot.

Hope this helps!

• Wayne E Jones
    Wayne E Jones
    2 Posts

Re: How to get Liberty Profile Runtime as an option for a Portlet Project's Target Runtime?

‏2014-08-11T19:54:40Z  
    • David-IBM
    • ‏2014-08-11T14:22:17Z

Hello,

I found the following link which shows how to add a Liberty server to WDT/Eclipse and target a portlet project to the server.

Link: https://developer.ibm.com/wasdev/docs/developing-portlet-applications-wdt-liberty-profile/

When you state "... the Liberty profile is not an option for Target runtime. The Liberty profile is an option for web projects....", what exactly is meant by this?

Do you mean that you do not see the runtime displayed in the list as in Screenshot1 (attached)?

If so and if you are using RAD (not RSA), please go to installation manager and confirm that you have the following installed as in Screenshot2. You need to make sure to have the components that are circled in the screenshot.

Hope this helps!

Thanks David,

I spoke to one of the Rational developers at the xdx conference in Anahiem and they let me know the Liberty Profile Portlet container option for RAD is not available yet. I can get Liberty development in RAD running fine and can even install the portlet container but there is no option to use the Liberty Profile as a runtime when doing portlet development in RAD.

It does work fine for eclipse (Keplar), so I'll use eclipse until I hear the Liberty Profile runtime is supported for portlet development in RAD.

Updated on 2014-08-11T19:55:26Z at 2014-08-11T19:55:26Z by Wayne E Jones