Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-07T14:23:04Z by spoonware
spoonware
spoonware
140 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Use Theme in Data Page doesn't seem to work in WEF 8.0.0.2

‏2013-06-06T17:06:03Z |

Earlier today I upgraded one dev environment to WEF 8.0.0.2 by adding the FixPack.

Now I find that in 8.0.0.2 the 'Use Theme' checkbox in Data Page doesn't honor the .uitheme file.  Instead, the values in the HTML Template and Style Sheet Override fields are getting used regardless of whether or not the Use Theme option is selected. 

I have confirmed in the App Tree that the Theme file being used is my custom one and that the override.properties file is pointing to the right theme file.

Any chance this feature is broken in WEF 8.0.0.2?  I plan to upgrade another VM to see if I get the same problem. 

Spoon

• mburati
    mburati
    2551 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Use Theme in Data Page doesn't seem to work in WEF 8.0.0.2

‏2013-06-06T18:04:03Z  in response to spoonware

Hey Spoon,  good to hear from you.

Any chance your Theme builder is after your Data page in the builder call list (and giving you a warning that it needs to be before)?

The Theme builder should be first in the builder call list so it sets the theme properties before other builders are checking for those theme properties.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • spoonware
      spoonware
      140 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-06T18:17:11Z  in response to mburati

Yes, it's good to be back working on another big project.

Ah, good question.  I learned that one a while ago.  This time I'm not using a Theme builder but I'm instead referring to my .uitheme file via override.properties.

The override.properties works right in my WEF 8.0.0 set up.  In both WEF 8.0.0 and WEF 8.0.0.2 I see that my .uitheme file is being referenced correctly when I look in the Theme section of the App Tree.  The models I'm running in both versions are copies of one another so I don't think there is any difference at all in the models.

Spoon

• mburati
        mburati
        2551 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-06T18:28:15Z  in response to spoonware

Is it possible you changed your theme in override.properties but then didn't re-publish (redeploy) the WAR?   The override.properties are only read on app startup, so the easiest way to get them re-read after changing them is to republish.

If you have republished since changing the property then I'm not sure what's going on as I believe I've seen that work (and others here too) in 8002.   Hopefully that's alll it is, is that you need to restart your app with the new override properties.

..Mike

• spoonware
          spoonware
          140 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-07T14:23:04Z  in response to mburati

Republish was probably it.  Yesterday I ran out of time to work on this issue but this morning I started from a fresh re-boot and it's all good now.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.  It is solved.

Spoon