Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-08T18:48:46Z by DaveCoffman
AlineGPinto
AlineGPinto
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can't add members to private community

‏2013-06-12T13:01:34Z |

I am trying to add members to my private community, but it seems like the search ahead feature is not working - nothing shows up when I start typing the names of the users (and their profiles exist).

How can I add members to the community?

Updated on 2013-06-12T13:01:42Z at 2013-06-12T13:01:42Z by AlineGPinto
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can't add members to private community

‏2013-06-13T19:47:14Z  in response to AlineGPinto

We have had some minor issues with the site recently that appear to have affected this functionality.  Member invitations appear to be working normally now, please try again.  Let me know if you are still encountering problems doing this.

• AlineGPinto
      AlineGPinto
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-13T20:12:40Z  in response to JAntley

Hi - I am still unable to add users. How should I proceed?

• JAntley
        JAntley
        124 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-13T20:31:52Z  in response to AlineGPinto

Please send a note to talk2dw@us.ibm.com with either a few email addresses (for non-dW users) or screen names (for dW members) that you want to add.  Also provide a link to your group in your note.

• jeffmenso
      jeffmenso
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-13T20:24:21Z  in response to JAntley

Hello Jeff, just a FYI if you try to ADD or INVITE a member to a private community by adding their email id or for that matter even my own dW id it just does not come back with the normal search results that would allow you to click on the ID to invite.

The ADD function does however work in the subcommunities but of course you can only add members that are already in the parent.

Jeff

• JAntley
        JAntley
        124 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-13T20:44:23Z  in response to jeffmenso

Thanks, Jeff.  It appears that neither Add nor Invite is working in either Private or Public communities just now.  It was working earlier in the afternoon here, as I sent a detailed email with screencaps on how to invite members.  I have logged a defect against our engineering team, they should be looking into it soon.

• DaveCoffman
    DaveCoffman
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-08T18:48:46Z  in response to AlineGPinto

Hi, this function still is not working.  I can't add members to a private group.  Is there a target date for this to be fixed?