Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-05T16:53:53Z by rajendrak
UJ2W_Chris_Thomas
UJ2W_Chris_Thomas
2 Posts

Pinned topic Entity Framework 6 Support

‏2013-08-07T02:09:59Z |

Are there any plans to support Entity Framework 6?

They have changed the structure to de-couple themselves from the BCL, and this changed the way that providers have to be written.

• rajendrak
    rajendrak
    40 Posts

Re: Entity Framework 6 Support

‏2013-08-07T07:02:30Z  

Hi,

EF 6.0 support is on our future roadmap/plan. However, at this point it is not possible for us to share any specific timeline/schedule for the same.

Additionally, I would like to understand little more on the problem you are facing. Could you please elaborate. Thanks!

Regards,

Raj

• UJ2W_Chris_Thomas
    UJ2W_Chris_Thomas
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-24T15:48:21Z  
    • rajendrak
    • ‏2013-08-07T07:02:30Z

Hi,

EF 6.0 support is on our future roadmap/plan. However, at this point it is not possible for us to share any specific timeline/schedule for the same.

Additionally, I would like to understand little more on the problem you are facing. Could you please elaborate. Thanks!

Regards,

Raj

I am currently using EF 5 to switch between Sql Server and DB2.

With the release of EF6.0, they have re-designed how providers interface with EF.

• tkask
    tkask
    1 Post

‏2014-01-23T22:37:45Z  
    • rajendrak
    • ‏2013-08-07T07:02:30Z

Hi,

Regards,

Raj

Any update on the EF 6.0 Support along with VS 2013.

• rajendrak
    rajendrak
    40 Posts

‏2014-01-27T05:04:15Z  
    • tkask
    • ‏2014-01-23T22:37:45Z

Any update on the EF 6.0 Support along with VS 2013.

Hi,

VS 2013 support is coming up soon. Infact we do plan to offer a 'BETA' with VS 2013 support shortly. We urge you to participate in the BETA program and provide your feedback. We plan to share the details on this forum very soon.

Regarding EF 6.0 support it is in our plan for an upcoming release. It would help us if you could share some specifics on the featureset from EF 6.0 that you are looking to leverage on. I hope you are aware of the below help/documentation links on EF support.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r5/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.dbclient.adonet.doc/doc/c0054118.html
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r5/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.dbclient.adonet.doc/doc/c0061053.html

Regards,

Raj

• Kappas
    Kappas
    10 Posts

‏2014-01-27T07:56:44Z  
    • rajendrak
    • ‏2014-01-27T05:04:15Z

Hi,

VS 2013 support is coming up soon. Infact we do plan to offer a 'BETA' with VS 2013 support shortly. We urge you to participate in the BETA program and provide your feedback. We plan to share the details on this forum very soon.

Regarding EF 6.0 support it is in our plan for an upcoming release. It would help us if you could share some specifics on the featureset from EF 6.0 that you are looking to leverage on. I hope you are aware of the below help/documentation links on EF support.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r5/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.dbclient.adonet.doc/doc/c0054118.html
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r5/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.dbclient.adonet.doc/doc/c0061053.html

Regards,

Raj

Hey,

Any change of hooking up VS addon and driver to nuget so that updating new features/ bugfixes would be more streamlined with easiness of modern package management in Visual Studio environment ?

Code first technique is much hoped feature. We are missing too much w/o that.

Br,

Kappas

• Kappas
    Kappas
    10 Posts

‏2014-04-04T09:05:39Z  
    • Kappas
    • ‏2014-01-27T07:56:44Z

Hey,

Any change of hooking up VS addon and driver to nuget so that updating new features/ bugfixes would be more streamlined with easiness of modern package management in Visual Studio environment ?

Code first technique is much hoped feature. We are missing too much w/o that.

Br,

Kappas

Hi,

Just watched this video about EF 6.1 Code First to an existing database http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/data/jj200620

This would be lifesafer for us to have. Playing around with edmx is a nightmare with our current situation. We need to edit edmx directly to get things done and editor uix is bad with it.

Any news how is support for EF 6.x coming?

• DennisBischof
    DennisBischof
    1 Post

‏2014-08-05T11:53:28Z  

Hi Raj,

can you give me a status for the EF 6 Support? We are frozen on EF Version 5 since a year.

Thanks

Dennis

• rajendrak
    rajendrak
    40 Posts

‏2014-08-05T16:53:53Z  

Hi Raj,

can you give me a status for the EF 6 Support? We are frozen on EF Version 5 since a year.

Thanks

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

The EF 6 support work for DB2.NET is currently in progress. We also plan to announce an open beta for evaluation soon. At this point we do not have confirmed dates to share on this.

Regards,

Raj