• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-10T13:17:32Z by Dev_Dhoot
Dev_Dhoot
Dev_Dhoot
42 Posts

Pinned topic Exception---IBM minor code: B01 completed:

‏2013-05-20T15:16:35Z |

Hi,

I am using WXS  8.5 in stand-alone mode.

I am facing this issue with WXS Console deployed along with Catalog Server on the same machine.

I had to kill the console process(java) to get rid of high CPU utilization, reaching upto 98%(approx).

Looking into the logs, I am finding below exceptions.

=====

Exception = org.omg.CORBA.NO_RESPONSE

Source = com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.resetRemote

probeid = [wxs1.com:4009, wxs2.com:4009,wxs3.com:4009]

Stack Dump = org.omg.CORBA.NO_RESPONSE: Request 11848462 timed out  vmcid: IBM  minor code: B01 completed: Maybe

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.getCallStream(Connection.java:2360)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.send(Connection.java:2287)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection._locate(Connection.java:496)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.locate(Connection.java:472)

at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.GIOPImpl.locate(GIOPImpl.java:229)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.Corbaloc.locateUsingINS(Corbaloc.java:307)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.Corbaloc.resolve(Corbaloc.java:378)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.objectURLToObject(ORB.java:3789)

at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ORB.string_to_object(ORB.java:3687)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.resetRemote(LocationServiceWrapper.java:203)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.resetRemote(LocationServiceWrapper.java:148)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.LocationServiceWrapper.init(LocationServiceWrapper.java:144)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor156.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.catalog.wrapper.SecurityDynamicProxy.invoke(SecurityDynamicProxy.java:148)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.createLocationServiceWrapper(LocationServiceFactory.java:375)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.bootstrap(LocationServiceFactory.java:244)

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.naming.LocationServiceFactory.bootstrap(LocationServiceFactory.java:127)

=====

Can anyone let me know the root cause of the issue?

--Devendra

• lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts

Re: Exception---IBM minor code: B01 completed:

‏2013-05-22T15:35:25Z  

I believe the logs you posted would be the logs from your catalog server (correct me if I am wrong) and you see that after you killed your console connection to it.

What I'd be interested to know is what functions you were doing on the monitoring console side.  The logs for the monitoring console are located at <WXS_INSTALL>/ObjectGrid/console/logs/ You can look at error.log or trace.log to see if there are any stack traces we can follow.

I think the trick will be finding out why the console's process has high cpu to begin with.

• Dev_Dhoot
    Dev_Dhoot
    42 Posts

‏2013-05-24T13:53:37Z  
    • lisaw
    • ‏2013-05-22T15:35:25Z

I believe the logs you posted would be the logs from your catalog server (correct me if I am wrong) and you see that after you killed your console connection to it.

What I'd be interested to know is what functions you were doing on the monitoring console side.  The logs for the monitoring console are located at <WXS_INSTALL>/ObjectGrid/console/logs/ You can look at error.log or trace.log to see if there are any stack traces we can follow.

I think the trick will be finding out why the console's process has high cpu to begin with.

Lisa,

Thanks for the reply.

The earlier log posted were  from the Catalog Server and after the Console connection was broken.

We were not performing any specific function on the monitoring console. Please find attached logs for error and trace.log

I hope this would help in tracking down the root cause of the issue.

--Devendra

Attachments

• jhanders
    jhanders
    261 Posts

‏2013-06-10T10:42:56Z  

A NO_RESPONSE exception from the ORB is a request time out.  It means that the server did not give a response back within the time out period.  Since you indicated that your CPU was running high that tells me that the process trying to handle the request (a catalog server) was possibly not getting the necessary CPU cycles to complete the transaction.  For this specific stack it appears that a locate is taking a long time to get a response.  You should examine your locate request time out setting.  If it is set too low you may need to increase it.  If running in a WebSphere Application Server environment you may not be able to run with a 10 second locate request timeout and may need to increase it.

I cannot tell from any of the logs provided which version of 8.5 you are using.  If you are not using 8.5.0.3, I would recommend you to be at that latest fix pack level of 8.5.  The stack provided does also not give the context of the rest of the stack trace.  Initially I would think it related to the catalog server trying to communicate with another foreign domain catalog server for Multiple master replication.  With more context we may be able to know more.

I hope that helps get you on a path to resolution.  If you can provide the logs for the server that is getting the exception that will help.  Let us know anything else we can do to help.

Jared Anderson

• Dev_Dhoot
    Dev_Dhoot
    42 Posts

‏2013-06-10T13:17:32Z  
    • jhanders
    • ‏2013-06-10T10:42:56Z

A NO_RESPONSE exception from the ORB is a request time out.  It means that the server did not give a response back within the time out period.  Since you indicated that your CPU was running high that tells me that the process trying to handle the request (a catalog server) was possibly not getting the necessary CPU cycles to complete the transaction.  For this specific stack it appears that a locate is taking a long time to get a response.  You should examine your locate request time out setting.  If it is set too low you may need to increase it.  If running in a WebSphere Application Server environment you may not be able to run with a 10 second locate request timeout and may need to increase it.

I cannot tell from any of the logs provided which version of 8.5 you are using.  If you are not using 8.5.0.3, I would recommend you to be at that latest fix pack level of 8.5.  The stack provided does also not give the context of the rest of the stack trace.  Initially I would think it related to the catalog server trying to communicate with another foreign domain catalog server for Multiple master replication.  With more context we may be able to know more.

I hope that helps get you on a path to resolution.  If you can provide the logs for the server that is getting the exception that will help.  Let us know anything else we can do to help.

Jared Anderson

Jared,

Thanks for the reply.

I am planning to upgrade to WXS 8.6.0.1. Once that is done,I will monitor these again and would get back if the issue comes up again.

Thanks again.

-Devendra