Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-06T06:27:04Z by Dilip.J.Mansukhani
Dilip.J.Mansukhani
Dilip.J.Mansukhani
99 Posts

Pinned topic view getting time out

‏2014-03-03T12:33:34Z |

we have users connecting via CCRC after use of 2 hrs they are getting time-out for view server

do we need to set the CCASE_VIEW_IDLE_THRESH variable to the appropriate number of seconds.

should i set this to zero or should i increase this to more than  3 hrs

Thanks

DJM

• PankajJain
    PankajJain
    9 Posts

Re: view getting time out

‏2014-03-04T10:17:58Z  
    Hello Dilip 

The default (and minimum) time-out for the view server processes using the variable is 2 hours and 10 minutes (7800 seconds). 
    Setting the CCASE_VIEW_IDLE_THRESH to 0 (zero) turns off the time-out session (views never go idle.) 

So, as a test you can try and extend the time-out for the view server processes and check the behavior.
    However, if the issue still persists I would suggest you contact IBM Rational Support.

You can check the following technote on configuring a time-out for idle views.
  • Dilip.J.Mansukhani
    Dilip.J.Mansukhani
    99 Posts

Re: view getting time out

‏2014-03-06T06:27:04Z  
    Hello Dilip 

The default (and minimum) time-out for the view server processes using the variable is 2 hours and 10 minutes (7800 seconds). 
    Setting the CCASE_VIEW_IDLE_THRESH to 0 (zero) turns off the time-out session (views never go idle.) 

So, as a test you can try and extend the time-out for the view server processes and check the behavior.
    However, if the issue still persists I would suggest you contact IBM Rational Support.

You can check the following technote on configuring a time-out for idle views.

Hi,

This setting has not help much we have requested IT to exculde the clearcase store and web view from on scan to see if this improve

the box is performace server hosting cc/cq and ccrc web

Thanks

DJM