6 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-08T20:16:16Z by rnapoles
lfranchi
lfranchi
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic OS X / Standalone install

‏2013-10-27T17:42:18Z |

Hello folks!

For a bit of background, I'm helping teach an AP Computer Science course at my local high school, and I came across CodeRally as a potentially great last-quarter project for the kids to do. I'm trying to set up CodeRally to see how it works, how it'd do for the students, etc.

However, here's the catch: I'd like to run it on OS X if possible as that's what I have to work with (and the server on Linux to host a classroom-specific CodeRally instance).

I don't have much of a Java EE background, so all this IBM WebSphere and EE stuff is completely foreign to me. Is it possible to install the CodeRally plugin & server in Eclipse EE on a mac, given what's been publically released?

Any help / comments are appreciated!

cheers,

leo

• lfranchi
    lfranchi
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: OS X / Standalone install

‏2013-10-28T01:07:57Z  in response to lfranchi

Ok, I think I've made some progress and cobbled together a bunch of the resources I needed on my mac. I've been able to install the Eclipse plugin, and import the EAR from what I think is the first beta of CodeRally.

I'm now able to launch the server in Eclipse, make a new test car, and run it on my local server! The only hiccup is when I go to watch the race, after hitting Play, the animation/replay never starts. But quite a bit close now.

cheers,

leo

• rnapoles
      rnapoles
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-04T22:51:48Z  in response to lfranchi

Hello,

Were you able to play back the races? I had not tried myself on Mac as I don't have one but I know other users were able to deploy the application and playback races on Mac. Let me know what your current status is to see if I can assist you.

Regards

• lfranchi
        lfranchi
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-04T22:55:08Z  in response to rnapoles

Thanks for the response! I have not managed to get playback to work properly (to progress), though I haven't had a chance to spend more time since my post.

cheers,

leo

• rnapoles
          rnapoles
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-04T22:59:49Z  in response to lfranchi

Thanks for the quick reply. Let me see if I can get a hand on a Mac. It will take me at least two days to borrow one and try it out.

Regards,

Rodolfo

• KellyL
            KellyL
            1 Post
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-08T16:02:19Z  in response to rnapoles

Hi Rodolfo,

I'm just about to embark on teaching a course using code rally.  We have Windows machines in the classroom but my TA has a Mac laptop and she would like to be able to try everything out on her own machine.  We see this thread but wondering if there are specific instructions on how to cobble things together for a Mac.

Thanks!

Kelly

• rnapoles
              rnapoles
              3 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-08T20:16:16Z  in response to KellyL

Hi,

I was not able to get access to a Mac. I will check with Tom if he has any info for this.

Regards.

Rodolfo