• Latest Post - ‏2013-04-19T01:04:08Z by maximo71
maximo71
maximo71
42 Posts

Pinned topic Automation Script

‏2013-04-18T05:45:49Z |

I am using Maximo 7.5.0.1

I have a custom table with contains a YORN field called "active"

I have created an Object Launch Point Automation script on this custom table with the Add and Activate check box's selected (Initialize, Update, and Delete are unchecked). I have tried with the Initialize as well but still get the same error message.

When I click on the "New Row" button to add a new record in the application and then select the Active field, I get the following message, "The Boolean field is blank and requires a value BMXAA4118

I have set a value in my script (below) . Can anyone help as to why the value is still blank (as per the error message) on the application screen

from psdi.mbo import MboConstants

if onadd:
    print 'New record entered'
    mbo.setValue('ACTIVE',False,MboConstants.NOACCESSCHECK | MboConstants.NOVALIDATION_AND_NOACTION)
     print 'Active value: ' + mbo.getString('active')

With the debugger on I get the following

New record entered
Active value: N

Updated on 2013-04-18T09:08:32Z at 2013-04-18T09:08:32Z by maximo71
  • SASHULL
    SASHULL
    395 Posts

Re: Automation Script

‏2013-04-18T14:00:33Z  

Sounds like you're having this issue: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21595687

We don't have any 7.5.0.1 instances anymore (way too many fixes since then, I strongly recommend getting to 7.5.0.3 at the very least but 7.5.0.4 has been very stable and hasn't introduced any new issues that impact our clients) or I'd try to test it out. As a side note, is there more criteria than just defaulting to False? If not, I would do this via a database default value or a default in application designer versus an automation script.

• maximo71
    maximo71
    42 Posts

Re: Automation Script

‏2013-04-19T01:04:08Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-04-18T14:00:33Z

Sounds like you're having this issue: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21595687

We don't have any 7.5.0.1 instances anymore (way too many fixes since then, I strongly recommend getting to 7.5.0.3 at the very least but 7.5.0.4 has been very stable and hasn't introduced any new issues that impact our clients) or I'd try to test it out. As a side note, is there more criteria than just defaulting to False? If not, I would do this via a database default value or a default in application designer versus an automation script.

Hi SA SHULL

Thanks for the reply. The only criteria to set the value to False is that there can only be one Active record in the dataset (there are 4 other fields plus the Active field in the dataset and of those 3 of them have a unique index on them).

The DB default value is set to 0 as all YORN types are always required.

I have tried setting the default value in the application but get the same error.

If I don't have the automation script on I get this error

So what I have done it made the Active field read-only in the automation script using this mbo.setFieldFlag('ACTIVE',7L,True)

and the record saves OK. I then re-open the app again and I am able to select and deselect the Active field.

Maybe its just a bug in this version 7.5.0.1