Topic
26 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-15T05:39:51Z by magesh_sankar
magesh_sankar
magesh_sankar
28 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic EGL0005E (DFM) error during remote VSAM file access from EGL debugger

‏2013-04-20T09:04:34Z |

Dear All,

I am using the RBD version 7.5.1.8,

I am trying to do remote VSAM file access while debug in egl debugger (from online CICS program) ,

The DFM (Distributed file management) installation has been done ,

The resource association part has been made in the build descriptor to map the physical  VSAM dataset,

But i am getting the below error message,

com.ibm.javart.FatalException: EGL0005E The vsam7 library cannot be loaded. The following
error occurred: vsam7.dll and all required DFM DLLs must be in a directory in the
system PATH.
EGL0002I The error occurred in PR04A processing the PZ99P06 function.

I am not able to find the vsam7 library in my pc ,I guess there may be a problem in the DFM installation to access the VSAM file. 

Because when i run the STRTSDU.CMD file its asking for the password and then it says  "The machine name was found in the active DFM configuration file :It is not associated with the shortcut name"

Can anyone help me with this ? because of this issue i am not able to debug the program using EGL debugger.

I have attached the screen shots for reference.

I have done the same DFM settings in another PC which has the RBD Version: 7.5.1.6,

Now the vsam file is mapping correctly  in debugger resource association , but i am getting the below  error

"EGL0756E read: I/O with PZ99R05 failed for this reason:

Error reading record PZ99R05.  The status code is 0000F203 "

Thanks in advance 

Attachments

Updated on 2013-04-22T05:56:22Z at 2013-04-22T05:56:22Z by magesh_sankar
  • Hsieh
    Hsieh
    521 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: EGL0005E (DFM) error during remote VSAM file access from EGL debugger

‏2013-04-23T12:17:49Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Hi Magesh,

do the following check list:

1. Make the window enviroment variables

DFMADMN=install_dir\EGLDFM
    DFMUSER=install_dir\EGLDFM
    CDRASRV=install_dir\EGLDFM\CONVTABL

2. Make the window PATH

install_dir\EGLDFM
    install_dir\EGLDFM\DLL
    install_dir\EGLDFM\DLL2
    install_dir\EGLDFM\EXE

3. Did you create the binary configuration file based ?  with the command line

dfmcfg -i DFM.RC

Please send to me the file DFM.RC.

4. There is the program DFMTRY.exe to check dfm conection, did you had run it ?

Regards,

Hsieh

• markevans
      markevans
      2612 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T16:12:59Z  in response to Hsieh

In addition to what Hsieh documented....

The vsam7.dll is in the <product install folder>\bin folder.  This folder needs to be added to the system PATH environment variable also.

Normally that is added during the product install, but if not, then you should manually add it.  Also, I have seen cases where the list of folders in the PATH statement get too long (1024 bytes maybe)... and it is truncated. 

Mark

• magesh_sankar
        magesh_sankar
        28 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T05:56:23Z  in response to markevans

Dear Hsieh,Markevans,

As Hsieh mentioned i have already done the steps as per the INSTALL.README (Please refer the attached VSAM-ERROR.docx ),

I have mapped the environmental variables to E: drive , and the windows path as well ,

Here with i am attaching the DFM.RC file for your reference, ( I have tried both dfmcfg -i DFM.RC and dfmcfg DFM.RC )

The  vsam7.dll file is not present in the <product install folder>\bin folder (My RBD version 7.5.1.8) , so i copied it from someother pc (version 7.5.1.6) and pasted in the E:\EGLDFM\DLL folder then also i am getting the same error message ,

com.ibm.javart.FatalException: EGL0005E The vsam7 library cannot be loaded. The following

error occurred: vsam7.dll and all required DFM DLLs must be in a directory in the
        system PATH.
        EGL0002I The error occurred in PR04A processing the PZ99P06 function.

This is the reason why i tried this DFM installation in the different pc where i copied the  vsam7.dll file but there i am getting 

But  the file name i mentioned in the resource association part is correct (\\HK00\PPS.MS20F01.PROD)

When i try to run the program DFMTRY.exe to check dfm conection its suddenly popup some message and vanished but i manage to get the screen shot of it 

When i run the STRTSDU.CMD it says the message  " 5648-2012-131 The machine name was found in the active DFM configuration file :It is not associated with the shortcut name"  ,But i am not sure whether the DFM connection is properly been set or not, Is there any alternative way to check the connection ?

I have attached it for your reference, 

In my office the EGL debug facility with VSAM files was never worked before , so i am trying to make it work .

Kindly help me,

Regards

Magesh

Attachments

• Hsieh
          Hsieh
          521 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T14:12:03Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Hi Magesh,

I have checked the VSAM7.DLL is in the RBD install directory x:\install_dir\SDP\Bin.

Then copy/paste VSAM7.DLL into DFM DLL directory.

if not there, I can send you.

Hsieh

• magesh_sankar
            magesh_sankar
            28 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T14:23:01Z  in response to Hsieh

Hi Hsieh,

Is that VSAM7.DLL is for the  RBD version 7.5.1.8 ?  because i already found the same  file in my colleague's pc  ,( he is using the version 7.5.1.6) and copy pasted in to my DFM dll directory its not working, 

Anyways please send me your vsam7.dll  file i will try in my pc.

Also please tell me how to make sure whethere  the DFM  connection is working fine or not ,

(Please refer the screen shot i send earlier in VSAM-ERROR.docx )

Thanks in advance

Magesh

Updated on 2013-04-24T14:30:43Z at 2013-04-24T14:30:43Z by magesh_sankar
            • Hsieh
              Hsieh
              521 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T15:15:47Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Magesh,

I have installed RDB v.8.5.  But I think it works for any version.

I saw that your have installed Win 7.  That of his colleague is Win 7 too ?   

Because I used Win XP and I never tested DFM with Win 7.

please give your e-mail.

Hsieh

• markevans
                markevans
                2612 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-24T20:56:32Z  in response to Hsieh

Magesh,

I checked all of my installs (I have RBD V7.5(.1.8), RBD V8.0, and RBD V8.5 and in each case the vsam7.dll is located in the product install\SDP\bin directory.   So, I am not sure how it would have gotten there if the product install did not put it there

But.. a couple of other notes:

a.) Rather than copying the vsam.dll to another directory (which should work, but), can you use the bin directory and add it to your Windows PATH variable.  There may be other dlls it references that cannot be loaded but the message you get is vsam7.dll cannot be.

b.)  To use the vsamwin/DFM solution, there is a lot of setup as you have to have an SNA connection established to the host z/OS machine.  This usually means you need something like IBM Personal Communications or Microsoft SNA installed on the developers machine.  You then have to have SNA (or Enterprise Extenders) configured on the z/OS host to receive the request.   The people I know who have made this work have used what is called TCP62 which is LU62 (SNA) over TCPIP.  Both the client and host have to be configured to support this.

Have you done all of this?

c,) If you don't have a client SNA product, this may be something vsam7.dll references and therefore it will not allow it to be loaded.

d.)  With this SNA based support you cannot access VSAM files running under CICS.   They have to be native z/OS VSAM clusters.

e.)  With RBD V8.0.1.1 (and now in RBD V8.5 also), we started supporting the ability to access VSAM files on z/OS using a TCPIP connection. The VSAM files can be accessed as native z/OS VSAM files or as CICS controlled VSAM files.     This way is MUCH easier than the previous SNA version was.  I would strongly suggest you upgrade to V8.5 and use this support.  It does require the install of a Rational COBOL Runtime for zSeries PTF to install the host portions of the remote VSAM support based on TCPIP.

• magesh_sankar
                  magesh_sankar
                  28 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-25T06:40:03Z  in response to markevans

Dear Markevens,

Here we are using Z/VSE mainframe not Z/OS ,

Using the installation manager i searched for the latest version of RBD which can support Z/VSE , I got only 7.5.1.8 version ,

I am not sure whether RBD V8.5 will support Z/VSE,

I checked with the mainframe admin here he said ,the SNA connection was establish to the host Z/VSE  recently, 

I will check with him again as per your suggestions and get back to you.

Thanks for your effort .

Magesh

• magesh_sankar
                magesh_sankar
                28 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-25T05:10:17Z  in response to Hsieh

Dear Hsieh,

Yes you are correct mine is Windows 7 , and my colleague's pc runs in Windows xp,

My mail id is magesh.sankar@gmail.com,

Thanks for your effort .

Magesh

Updated on 2013-04-25T06:40:19Z at 2013-04-25T06:40:19Z by magesh_sankar
                • Hsieh
                  Hsieh
                  521 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-25T11:56:29Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Magesh,

I sent for you the file.  After copy file into install_dir\EGLDFM\DLL, you must kill the DFM deamon and restart DFM.

Some observations,  I don't know:

1.if does DFM work on WIN 7 ?  Because the DFM is old solution to VAGen. We had problem to use on Win XP in past and it was fixed to Win XP.

2. if does RDB v.7.5 support WIN 7 64 bit ? and does DFM support 64 bit ?  I believe NO.

In any case, open PMR.

And as suggested by Mark, if you can upgrade to RBD v.8.0 or v.8.5 how to access remote VSAM and CICS COBOL is simple and friendly via TCP/IP and CTG. I already used it and it is much better.

Hsieh

• markevans
                    markevans
                    2612 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-25T17:45:24Z  in response to Hsieh

Magesh,

First of all, RBD V8.0 and V8.5 support generation for z/VSE.   You have to install the generation for z/VSE feature that is part of the base RBD install. You then need to obtain (purchase) the license for the permanent ability to do this, but you are most likely entitled to this if you have been paying for service since you purchased V7.5.

I am checking on the TCPIP based support for VSE just to be sure I am not mixing it up with what we provided on z/OS.

Finally, attached is a document I found while doing some research.  It may be a little dated, but maybe it would help you as well.

Attachments

• markevans
                      markevans
                      2612 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-26T15:23:11Z  in response to markevans

Hi,

I still doing some research...

One piece of information I received... In your first post, I think you said that on one machine you were using you were able to get it to the point to get this message:

The F203 means there was a translation error.  

Did you specify a Conversion table for VSE in the EGL Debugger preferences.  This is needed to tell the code what conversion table to use.

These status codes are documented in the vsam.pdf that is included in the vsamwin.zip file.

• magesh_sankar
                        magesh_sankar
                        28 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-27T08:34:24Z  in response to markevans

Dear Hsieh,Markevans,

I have tried with the vsam7.dll file send by Hsieh, But still am getting the same  "EGL0005E The vsam7 library cannot be loaded"    error . Upgrading RBD v.8.0 or v.8.5 i still need to discuss with my superiors.

One good news is that ,In the mean time i  tried Markevans's solution (as mentioned in the RemoteVsamSetupforVSE_V1 file) now from my pc (windows 7) also i can able to map the VSAM file ,

But this time i am getting the below error message,

EGL0756E openRead: I/O with PZ99R05 failed for this
                        reason: Error opening file VSE:\\HK00\CATA\UM2D.USER.MESSAGE.FILE.  The status code
                        is 0000F207.

I have specified the Conversion table for VSE in the EGL Debugger preferences as well,

I searched for the error code in the document ,It says it is a "Communications Error" .

(I have given VSEDDMLO <VSE Hostname (ipaddress)> <userid> 

I have attached a document for more information.

I tried with DFMTRY.EXE it vanishes suddenly , i am not sure whether the connection is properly been set or not ,

Is there any way to check the connection between the server and our local machine ?

(I tried to intereact with the text file in the local machine even for that i got the below error message , but i mention the file type correctly in resource association as seqws 

EGL0752E The value of the runtime property vgj.ra.fileName.fileType
                        is not valid for the MS20F01 file )

Thanks for your help,

Magesh

Attachments

Updated on 2013-04-28T04:16:27Z at 2013-04-28T04:16:27Z by magesh_sankar
                        • Hsieh
                          Hsieh
                          521 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T12:06:16Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Magesh,

I attached a new STRTSDU.cmd for testing, follow the instructions below:

1. Open a CMD windows;

2. Change directory to dfm_install_dir\EGLDFM;

3. Run new STRTSDU.cmd;

4. Type password for MANU userid;

get printscreen and attach for us;

On EGL Debugger preferences, choose "Character encoding" to any EBCDIC code.

Hsieh

Attachments

• markevans
                            markevans
                            2612 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-29T15:02:16Z  in response to Hsieh

Hi,

I am attaching a document that I found that discussed codepage issues.  It is from a customer whose language as French..so the dialogs are in French, but the text is in English.   Hsieh is correct that the character encoding needs to be the host code page.   The document shows a file on the VSE system that will give you the needed info.

On the Code "F207", I would make sure that you a.) Typed in the right password when you ran the VSEDDMLO command.   And that you are correctly specifying the location of the resulting .cfg file.

It could be that if the conversion tables are not correct that the userid/password are not being converted correctly... so try it first with the correct conversion table settings.

Finally, when you changed to seqws..this filetype is not valid for an indexed file.  That is why you got the runtime message you did saying it was not valid. 

If you want to open a PMR..this might be a good approach as well.

Attachments

• magesh_sankar
                            magesh_sankar
                            28 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-01T12:08:16Z  in response to Hsieh

Dear Hsieh,,

Sorry for my delayed response ,

I dont know how to  Change directory to dfm_install_dir\EGLDFM in the CMD prompt,

All the environment variables to the Windows environment has been assign to E: drive only,

DFMADMN=E:\EGLDFM

DFMUSER=E:\EGLDFM

CDRASRV=E:\EGLDFM\CONVTABL

So i copy the new STRTSDU.cmd file into the path E:\EGLDFM\     and ran it it says "CDRA intialization fails and 

CDRASRV = <null> "

I have attached the screenshot for your reference,

Dear Markevens,

I am sure that i have given the correct password in VSEDDMLO command,also correctly specified the location of the resulting .cfg file.

Please note that the target system's short name "HK00" was not working so i have given the IP address of the server

and it says the system has been updated (Please see the attached screenshots)

In our preferences

VSE Remote VSAM Codepage is Cp1047 and 

Character encoding is System default Cp1252 as it is mentioned in the document RemoreVsamSteupfor VSE send by you.

Here we are still discussing whether to open a PMR for this issue or not ,  I will update you on this regards.

Please see the attached document and let me know anything i can check from my part .

Thanks 

Magesh

Attachments

Updated on 2013-05-01T12:22:35Z at 2013-05-01T12:22:35Z by magesh_sankar
                            • Hsieh
                              Hsieh
                              521 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-01T13:06:20Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Hi Magesh,

I'm looking at your screen shot and I have a doubt, the DFM is installed on drive C: \ EGLDFM or E: \ EGLDFM ?

copy the new STRTSDU.cmd file into the path C:\EGLDFM\ or E:\EGLDFM\

Let's try again:

1. in windows START >> EXECUTE >> type CMD <ENTER>

2. change drive, type C:  or  E: <ENTER> ... DFM drive installed

3. change directory, type CD EGLDFM <ENTER>

4. type STRTSDU.cmd to run.

You must change on EGL Debugger preferences, choose "Character encoding" to any EBCDIC code.

Regards,

Hsieh

• markevans
                                markevans
                                2612 Posts
                                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-01T21:12:14Z  in response to Hsieh

Magesh,

I am sorry I was not clear.   What I was suggesting in the doc I attached in my last post is basically what Hsieh is suggesting. 

This last doc I attached suggested setting the VSE Remote VSAM Codepage to your local ASCII code page and your Character Encoding to the host code page. 

That document even gave you a way to see what the values should be set to by looking in one of the host VSE files.

These values are different from from what was specified in the original RemoteVsamSetup4VSE doc I attached.

• magesh_sankar
                                  magesh_sankar
                                  28 Posts
                                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-08T10:19:52Z  in response to markevans

Dear Markevens,Hsieh,

As you suggested  opening a PMR for this issue  may be a right approach,

In the mean time ,I have tried as per Hsieh's suggestion and attached the results with this post ,

Please have a look and let me know your feed back 

I guess the problem is in the conversion ,(VSE remote codepage ), I will look into it and give you a feedback,

Magesh

Attachments

• markevans
                                    markevans
                                    2612 Posts
                                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-08T17:06:50Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Magesh,

I asked one of our developers to take a look at the original setup doc and update appropriately.  Here is the updated version.  It is basically the same as before, but it does highlight the settings for the codepages in the debug preferences.

Now a couple of things:

a.)  I noticed in the latest attached docs, you invoked the VSEDDMLO command from C:\EGLDFM while all other items (including the PATH) point to E:\EGLDFM. 

b.)  When I looked at your system PATH statement in the winset.txt, the PATH statement looks pretty long.  When I counted the characters you had 1071 characters...and I have seen issues where Windows truncates the PATH statement at 1024 characters and anything after that is ignored.    The E:\EGLDFM set of paths are at the end of the PATH statement, so they could be getting cut off.  You could try shortening your PATH statement or moving the EGLDFM related folders earlier in the PATH to see if it makes any difference.

Attachments

• magesh_sankar
                                      magesh_sankar
                                      28 Posts
                                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T06:36:56Z  in response to markevans

Dear Markevens,Hsieh,

I have included the EGLDFM in both C: and E: , to try  both the methods VSEDDMLO and DFM .

For  VSEDDMLO it is C:\EGLDFM

For  DFM installation it is  E:\EGLDFM, 

Now i am using the path C:\EGLDFM for both the methods DFM and VSEDDMLO , all the system variables are pointing to this path only ,

As per  your suggestion i have put the C:\EGLDFM paths in the beginning of the PATH statement to avoid the truncation,

Now the error message is not popping-up when i try to debug, but still i am getting    SysVar.errorCode  = "0000F207" .

I have few doubts ,

1. Which method do we need to do follow  for Z\VSE  DFM or VSEDDMLO  because in the RemoteVsamSetup4VSE_V2.doc only VSEDDMLO is mentioned ,

2 .The target system name in my case "HK00", is recognized by the DFM settings and i could see the message       "The machine name was found in the active DFM configuration file :It is not associated with the shortcut name" but  CDRA initialization is still fails in this case.

But when i try the same (HK00) with VSEDDMLO it is not recognized it says  "system HK00 can not be resolved " then i gave the host ip address 172.28.3.12 then the system was updated . . . is this correct ?

I saw the  bct file information in the build descriptor , and i found we are using the CodePage="Cp1256" ,

I have updated the preferences settings as  VSE Remote VSAM code page as "Cp1256", but still the same error,

Is there any TSO command to retrieve the exact VSAM codepages used in VSE ?

I have attached some files for your reference.

Please give your feedback,

Magesh 

Attachments

• markevans
                                        markevans
                                        2612 Posts
                                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T14:45:42Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Magesh,

First, I would recommend opening a PMR so that the experts in this area can take a look at this issue.   

Second, I think I would suggest using the VSEDDMLO command..but through a PMR, they would be able to give you better info.

On what code pages to use, in the document I attached earlier named "Codepage issue.doc", it showed what can be looked at on the VSE host (in the Connector Server)  to determine the correct code pages.

After you do this, I am not sure if Bi-Directional EBCDIC (or Windows either) code pages are supported for this interface as I did not see an Arabic EBCDIC encoding listed in the pull down of possible encodings. 

I did find this FAQ on the VSE connector server in general:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zvse/faq/connectors.html

So, I would make sure the VSE Connector Server is up and started on your host VSE machine ... especially since you are getting a communication error (x"F207").    It also could be a firewall issue on your machine or the host.

See the FAQs above.

• Hsieh
                                        Hsieh
                                        521 Posts
                                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T17:23:24Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Hi Magesh,

I think that the hostname HK00 is not cataloged in DNS Server.

You can manually include in your windows hostname, by editing hosts file in path C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and adding a line:

172..28.3.12      HK00

I vaguely remember that in the past, the DFM does not like to work with IP number, he likes to work with hostname.

Excuse me, but I'm not getting to see the reason for the error F'207 '.  I never installed DFM in VSE, just only zOS.

Regards,

Hsieh

• magesh_sankar
                                          magesh_sankar
                                          28 Posts
                                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T04:41:31Z  in response to Hsieh

Dear Markevens , Hsieh,

Thank you very much for your help,

As per your suggestion we will open a PMR  for this issue ,

I don't have the administrator rights to my PC , so i will ask my system admin to change the hosts file and give a try one more time with VSEDDMLO command ,

I will also look into the FAQ on the VSE connector server for more info,

Once again thank you very much for your help :-)

Regards

Magesh

• markevans
                                            markevans
                                            2612 Posts
                                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T17:31:33Z  in response to magesh_sankar

Magesh,

As a reminder, please see the CodePage Issue.doc attached to an earlier post on how to determine the proper code pages from the VSE connector server.  

• magesh_sankar
                                              magesh_sankar
                                              28 Posts
                                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T05:39:51Z  in response to markevans

Markevens ,

I am already looking into it , I need to wait till my mainframe system admin to come back from holiday ,

Because i dont know how to Extract  the SKVCSCFG member on maiframe,

Thanks for reminding me. 

Magesh

Updated on 2013-05-15T05:41:59Z at 2013-05-15T05:41:59Z by magesh_sankar