Topic
  • 26 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-15T05:39:51Z by magesh_sankar
magesh_sankar
magesh_sankar
28 Posts

Pinned topic EGL0005E (DFM) error during remote VSAM file access from EGL debugger

‏2013-04-20T09:04:34Z |

Dear All,

I am using the RBD version 7.5.1.8,

I am trying to do remote VSAM file access while debug in egl debugger (from online CICS program) ,

The DFM (Distributed file management) installation has been done ,

The resource association part has been made in the build descriptor to map the physical  VSAM dataset,

But i am getting the below error message,

com.ibm.javart.FatalException: EGL0005E The vsam7 library cannot be loaded. The following
error occurred: vsam7.dll and all required DFM DLLs must be in a directory in the
system PATH.
EGL0002I The error occurred in PR04A processing the PZ99P06 function.

I am not able to find the vsam7 library in my pc ,I guess there may be a problem in the DFM installation to access the VSAM file. 

Because when i run the STRTSDU.CMD file its asking for the password and then it says  "The machine name was found in the active DFM configuration file :It is not associated with the shortcut name"

Can anyone help me with this ? because of this issue i am not able to debug the program using EGL debugger.

I have attached the screen shots for reference.

I have done the same DFM settings in another PC which has the RBD Version: 7.5.1.6,

Now the vsam file is mapping correctly  in debugger resource association , but i am getting the below  error

"EGL0756E read: I/O with PZ99R05 failed for this reason:

Error reading record PZ99R05.  The status code is 0000F203 "

Thanks in advance 

Attachments

Updated on 2013-04-22T05:56:22Z at 2013-04-22T05:56:22Z by magesh_sankar
  • Hsieh
    Hsieh
    637 Posts

Re: EGL0005E (DFM) error during remote VSAM file access from EGL debugger

‏2013-04-23T12:17:49Z  

Hi Magesh,

do the following check list:

1. Make the window enviroment variables

DFMADMN=install_dir\EGLDFM
    DFMUSER=install_dir\EGLDFM
    CDRASRV=install_dir\EGLDFM\CONVTABL

2. Make the window PATH

install_dir\EGLDFM
    install_dir\EGLDFM\DLL
    install_dir\EGLDFM\DLL2
    install_dir\EGLDFM\EXE

3. Did you create the binary configuration file based ?  with the command line

dfmcfg -i DFM.RC

Please send to me the file DFM.RC.

4. There is the program DFMTRY.exe to check dfm conection, did you had run it ?

Regards,

Hsieh

• markevans
    markevans
    2884 Posts

‏2013-04-23T16:12:59Z  
    • Hsieh
    • ‏2013-04-23T12:17:49Z

Hi Magesh,

do the following check list:

1. Make the window enviroment variables

DFMADMN=install_dir\EGLDFM
    DFMUSER=install_dir\EGLDFM
    CDRASRV=install_dir\EGLDFM\CONVTABL

2. Make the window PATH

install_dir\EGLDFM
    install_dir\EGLDFM\DLL
    install_dir\EGLDFM\DLL2
    install_dir\EGLDFM\EXE

3. Did you create the binary configuration file based ?  with the command line

dfmcfg -i DFM.RC

Please send to me the file DFM.RC.

4. There is the program DFMTRY.exe to check dfm conection, did you had run it ?

Regards,

Hsieh

In addition to what Hsieh documented....

The vsam7.dll is in the <product install folder>\bin folder.  This folder needs to be added to the system PATH environment variable also.

Normally that is added during the product install, but if not, then you should manually add it.  Also, I have seen cases where the list of folders in the PATH statement get too long (1024 bytes maybe)... and it is truncated. 

Mark

• magesh_sankar
    magesh_sankar
    28 Posts

‏2013-04-24T05:56:23Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-04-23T16:12:59Z

In addition to what Hsieh documented....

The vsam7.dll is in the <product install folder>\bin folder.  This folder needs to be added to the system PATH environment variable also.

Normally that is added during the product install, but if not, then you should manually add it.  Also, I have seen cases where the list of folders in the PATH statement get too long (1024 bytes maybe)... and it is truncated. 

Mark

Dear Hsieh,Markevans,

As Hsieh mentioned i have already done the steps as per the INSTALL.README (Please refer the attached VSAM-ERROR.docx ),

I have mapped the environmental variables to E: drive , and the windows path as well ,

Here with i am attaching the DFM.RC file for your reference, ( I have tried both dfmcfg -i DFM.RC and dfmcfg DFM.RC )

The  vsam7.dll file is not present in the <product install folder>\bin folder (My RBD version 7.5.1.8) , so i copied it from someother pc (version 7.5.1.6) and pasted in the E:\EGLDFM\DLL folder then also i am getting the same error message ,

com.ibm.javart.FatalException: EGL0005E The vsam7 library cannot be loaded. The following

error occurred: vsam7.dll and all required DFM DLLs must be in a directory in the
    system PATH.

This is the reason why i tried this DFM installation in the different pc where i copied the  vsam7.dll file but there i am getting 

But  the file name i mentioned in the resource association part is correct (\\HK00\PPS.MS20F01.PROD)

When i try to run the program DFMTRY.exe to check dfm conection its suddenly popup some message and vanished but i manage to get the screen shot of it 

When i run the STRTSDU.CMD it says the message  " 5648-2012-131 The machine name was found in the active DFM configuration file :It is not associated with the shortcut name"  ,But i am not sure whether the DFM connection is properly been set or not, Is there any alternative way to check the connection ?

I have attached it for your reference, 

In my office the EGL debug facility with VSAM files was never worked before , so i am trying to make it work .

Kindly help me,

Regards

Magesh

Attachments

• Hsieh
    Hsieh
    637 Posts

‏2013-04-24T14:12:03Z  

Dear Hsieh,Markevans,

As Hsieh mentioned i have already done the steps as per the INSTALL.README (Please refer the attached VSAM-ERROR.docx ),

I have mapped the environmental variables to E: drive , and the windows path as well ,

Here with i am attaching the DFM.RC file for your reference, ( I have tried both dfmcfg -i DFM.RC and dfmcfg DFM.RC )

The  vsam7.dll file is not present in the <product install folder>\bin folder (My RBD version 7.5.1.8) , so i copied it from someother pc (version 7.5.1.6) and pasted in the E:\EGLDFM\DLL folder then also i am getting the same error message ,

system PATH.

This is the reason why i tried this DFM installation in the different pc where i copied the  vsam7.dll file but there i am getting 

But  the file name i mentioned in the resource association part is correct (\\HK00\PPS.MS20F01.PROD)

When i try to run the program DFMTRY.exe to check dfm conection its suddenly popup some message and vanished but i manage to get the screen shot of it 

When i run the STRTSDU.CMD it says the message  " 5648-2012-131 The machine name was found in the active DFM configuration file :It is not associated with the shortcut name"  ,But i am not sure whether the DFM connection is properly been set or not, Is there any alternative way to check the connection ?

I have attached it for your reference, 

In my office the EGL debug facility with VSAM files was never worked before , so i am trying to make it work .

Kindly help me,

Regards

Magesh

Hi Magesh,

I have checked the VSAM7.DLL is in the RBD install directory x:\install_dir\SDP\Bin.

Then copy/paste VSAM7.DLL into DFM DLL directory.

if not there, I can send you.

Hsieh

• magesh_sankar
    magesh_sankar
    28 Posts

‏2013-04-24T14:23:01Z  
    • Hsieh
    • ‏2013-04-24T14:12:03Z

Hi Magesh,

I have checked the VSAM7.DLL is in the RBD install directory x:\install_dir\SDP\Bin.

Then copy/paste VSAM7.DLL into DFM DLL directory.

if not there, I can send you.

Hsieh

Hi Hsieh,

Is that VSAM7.DLL is for the  RBD version 7.5.1.8 ?  because i already found the same  file in my colleague's pc  ,( he is using the version 7.5.1.6) and copy pasted in to my DFM dll directory its not working, 

Anyways please send me your vsam7.dll  file i will try in my pc.

Also please tell me how to make sure whethere  the DFM  connection is working fine or not ,

(Please refer the screen shot i send earlier in VSAM-ERROR.docx )

Thanks in advance

Magesh

Updated on 2013-04-24T14:30:43Z at 2013-04-24T14:30:43Z by magesh_sankar
  • Hsieh
    Hsieh
    637 Posts

‏2013-04-24T15:15:47Z  

Hi Hsieh,

Is that VSAM7.DLL is for the  RBD version 7.5.1.8 ?  because i already found the same  file in my colleague's pc  ,( he is using the version 7.5.1.6) and copy pasted in to my DFM dll directory its not working, 

Anyways please send me your vsam7.dll  file i will try in my pc.

Also please tell me how to make sure whethere  the DFM  connection is working fine or not ,

(Please refer the screen shot i send earlier in VSAM-ERROR.docx )

Thanks in advance

Magesh

Magesh,

I have installed RDB v.8.5.  But I think it works for any version.

I saw that your have installed Win 7.  That of his colleague is Win 7 too ?   

Because I used Win XP and I never tested DFM with Win 7.

please give your e-mail.

Hsieh

• markevans
    markevans
    2884 Posts

‏2013-04-24T20:56:32Z  
    • Hsieh
    • ‏2013-04-24T15:15:47Z

Magesh,

please give your e-mail.

Hsieh

Magesh,

I checked all of my installs (I have RBD V7.5(.1.8), RBD V8.0, and RBD V8.5 and in each case the vsam7.dll is located in the product install\SDP\bin directory.   So, I am not sure how it would have gotten there if the product install did not put it there

But.. a couple of other notes:

a.) Rather than copying the vsam.dll to another directory (which should work, but), can you use the bin directory and add it to your Windows PATH variable.  There may be other dlls it references that cannot be loaded but the message you get is vsam7.dll cannot be.

b.)  To use the vsamwin/DFM solution, there is a lot of setup as you have to have an SNA connection established to the host z/OS machine.  This usually means you need something like IBM Personal Communications or Microsoft SNA installed on the developers machine.  You then have to have SNA (or Enterprise Extenders) configured on the z/OS host to receive the request.   The people I know who have made this work have used what is called TCP62 which is LU62 (SNA) over TCPIP.  Both the client and host have to be configured to support this.

Have you done all of this?

c,) If you don't have a client SNA product, this may be something vsam7.dll references and therefore it will not allow it to be loaded.

d.)  With this SNA based support you cannot access VSAM files running under CICS.   They have to be native z/OS VSAM clusters.

e.)  With RBD V8.0.1.1 (and now in RBD V8.5 also), we started supporting the ability to access VSAM files on z/OS using a TCPIP connection. The VSAM files can be accessed as native z/OS VSAM files or as CICS controlled VSAM files.     This way is MUCH easier than the previous SNA version was.  I would strongly suggest you upgrade to V8.5 and use this support.  It does require the install of a Rational COBOL Runtime for zSeries PTF to install the host portions of the remote VSAM support based on TCPIP.

• magesh_sankar
    magesh_sankar
    28 Posts

‏2013-04-25T05:10:17Z  
    • Hsieh
    • ‏2013-04-24T15:15:47Z

Magesh,

please give your e-mail.

Hsieh

Dear Hsieh,

Yes you are correct mine is Windows 7 , and my colleague's pc runs in Windows xp,

My mail id is magesh.sankar@gmail.com,

Thanks for your effort .

Magesh

Updated on 2013-04-25T06:40:19Z at 2013-04-25T06:40:19Z by magesh_sankar
  • magesh_sankar
    magesh_sankar
    28 Posts

‏2013-04-25T06:40:03Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-04-24T20:56:32Z

Magesh,

I checked all of my installs (I have RBD V7.5(.1.8), RBD V8.0, and RBD V8.5 and in each case the vsam7.dll is located in the product install\SDP\bin directory.   So, I am not sure how it would have gotten there if the product install did not put it there

But.. a couple of other notes:

a.) Rather than copying the vsam.dll to another directory (which should work, but), can you use the bin directory and add it to your Windows PATH variable.  There may be other dlls it references that cannot be loaded but the message you get is vsam7.dll cannot be.

b.)  To use the vsamwin/DFM solution, there is a lot of setup as you have to have an SNA connection established to the host z/OS machine.  This usually means you need something like IBM Personal Communications or Microsoft SNA installed on the developers machine.  You then have to have SNA (or Enterprise Extenders) configured on the z/OS host to receive the request.   The people I know who have made this work have used what is called TCP62 which is LU62 (SNA) over TCPIP.  Both the client and host have to be configured to support this.

Have you done all of this?

c,) If you don't have a client SNA product, this may be something vsam7.dll references and therefore it will not allow it to be loaded.

d.)  With this SNA based support you cannot access VSAM files running under CICS.   They have to be native z/OS VSAM clusters.

e.)  With RBD V8.0.1.1 (and now in RBD V8.5 also), we started supporting the ability to access VSAM files on z/OS using a TCPIP connection. The VSAM files can be accessed as native z/OS VSAM files or as CICS controlled VSAM files.     This way is MUCH easier than the previous SNA version was.  I would strongly suggest you upgrade to V8.5 and use this support.  It does require the install of a Rational COBOL Runtime for zSeries PTF to install the host portions of the remote VSAM support based on TCPIP.

Dear Markevens,

Here we are using Z/VSE mainframe not Z/OS ,

Using the installation manager i searched for the latest version of RBD which can support Z/VSE , I got only 7.5.1.8 version ,

I am not sure whether RBD V8.5 will support Z/VSE,

I checked with the mainframe admin here he said ,the SNA connection was establish to the host Z/VSE  recently, 

I will check with him again as per your suggestions and get back to you.

Thanks for your effort .

Magesh