Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-03T06:29:16Z by hovish
G.Andrejczuk
G.Andrejczuk
5 Posts

Pinned topic Informix Ado model generation Could not find tables

‏2013-09-27T10:54:59Z |

I am trying to generate model from database using ef5.  

I am using data server drivers 10.5 fp1 connecting to informix 11.50 db. Two tables are imported correctly and five tables are not imported.

I see following message during model generation:

U        Unable to generate the model because of the following exception: 'The table 'db                                                                                                                            .schema.table1' was referenced by a relationship, but was not found.
The table 'db                                                                                                                            .schema.table2' was referenced by a relationship, but was not found.
The table 'db                                                                                                                            .schema.table3' was referenced by a relationship, but was not found.
The table 'db                                                                                                                            .schema.table4' was referenced by a relationship, but was not found.
The table 'db                                                                                                                            .schema.table5' was referenced by a relationship, but was not found.

All tables are visible in server explorer. 

Have you encountered such problem ? Do you know how to fix it or workaround ? 

• G.Andrejczuk
    G.Andrejczuk
    5 Posts

Re: Informix Ado model generation Could not find tables

‏2013-09-27T14:20:33Z  

I found the reason was that types serial and bigserial could not be mapped. 

Have you encountered such problem ? 

• hovish
    hovish
    10 Posts

‏2013-10-01T05:41:07Z  

Hi,

Currently these types(serial and bigserial) are not supported in DB2 Entity Framework provider. We will address this issue in our future fix packs.

Thanks and regards

Vishwa

• G.Andrejczuk
    G.Andrejczuk
    5 Posts

‏2013-10-01T08:48:35Z  
    • hovish
    • ‏2013-10-01T05:41:07Z

Hi,

Currently these types(serial and bigserial) are not supported in DB2 Entity Framework provider. We will address this issue in our future fix packs.

Thanks and regards

Vishwa

is there a workaround ? 

• hovish
    hovish
    10 Posts

‏2013-10-03T06:29:16Z  

is there a workaround ? 

there is no workaround to solve this problem.