Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-29T22:48:01Z by ChrisHardy68
cindy5
cindy5
16 Posts

Pinned topic Table of Figures/ Table of Contents

‏2013-05-28T11:50:01Z |

How does the RPE know that a figure is a figures and a table is a table?.

My Table of Table/ Table of Figure are empty. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Sidika

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1622 Posts

Re: Table of Figures/ Table of Contents

‏2013-05-28T12:13:20Z  

Hi,

TOTs/TOFs are generate from "Table caption" and "Figure caption" elements in the template. So to have them populated you need to introduce a caption for each table/figure. Also make sure you run the rpe macro at the end of the docgen so that the TOC/TOT/TOF get updated.

Regards,

Dragos

• cindy5
    cindy5
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-28T15:16:05Z  

Hi,

TOTs/TOFs are generate from "Table caption" and "Figure caption" elements in the template. So to have them populated you need to introduce a caption for each table/figure. Also make sure you run the rpe macro at the end of the docgen so that the TOC/TOT/TOF get updated.

Regards,

Dragos

Hey Dragos,

thanks for the answer!.

Sorry, I've forgot to write that I generate from DOORS.

So I captioned every table and every Figure with "table" or "figure" in DOORS.

After generating I just get an error, that there isn't any figure or table in die document.

Regards,

Sidika

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

‏2013-05-28T23:36:02Z  
    • cindy5
    • ‏2013-05-28T15:16:05Z

Hey Dragos,

thanks for the answer!.

Sorry, I've forgot to write that I generate from DOORS.

So I captioned every table and every Figure with "table" or "figure" in DOORS.

After generating I just get an error, that there isn't any figure or table in die document.

Regards,

Sidika

Hi

Attached is a simple example for adding a table caption and a table of tables

The template uses the DOORS attribute "Object Type" - when it set to Table it uses the object text as the table caption.

Attachments

• cindy5
    cindy5
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-29T07:54:30Z  

Hi

Attached is a simple example for adding a table caption and a table of tables

The template uses the DOORS attribute "Object Type" - when it set to Table it uses the object text as the table caption.

Hey Chris,

thank you so much for your example!

I dont have an Object_Type in my RPE, so I used your template just for checking if its work.

I get the Error " No tables of figures entries found" , so I am a bit confused because "Table of Table" is used in your template.

Regards,

Sidika

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

‏2013-05-29T22:48:01Z  
    • cindy5
    • ‏2013-05-29T07:54:30Z

Hey Chris,

thank you so much for your example!

I dont have an Object_Type in my RPE, so I used your template just for checking if its work.

I get the Error " No tables of figures entries found" , so I am a bit confused because "Table of Table" is used in your template.

Regards,

Sidika

Hi Sidika,

Did you run my template against the doors module archive I sent or your own module?

It should work against my doors module.

Object type has to exist and be populated in your DOORS module for this template to work other wise it will fail.

I am wondering if I have misunderstood your issuse.

Going back to your original question:

"How does the RPE know that a figure is a figures and a table is a table?."

REP doenst automatically know this - you have to code this into your Template.

RPE does provide containers for

Table Caption

and

Figure Caption

Which you need to populate.

Once they are populated with info from a doors object, then

Table of Tables

and

Table of Figures will be populated.

But what RPE wont doe is automatically scan though a module and if a DOORS table exist add that table to the Table of Tables

The same is true for pictures\ figures.

(As an aside: I realise that DOORS does have  a system attribute that indicate the start of a table and a dxl programatic way of indicating if an object contains an OLE - but the issue is then getting text info to populate the Captions)