Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-27T14:38:12Z by TheBrenda
TheBrenda
TheBrenda
57 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Finding Report Dependencies

‏2013-06-26T14:39:14Z |

Our core changed the descriptive names of over a hundred fields. We use the descriptive names for the Cognos Source field names. The core did not change the definition, just the name. Is there some queries that can run against the content manager/framework that can show the reports that use these old names? Even sweeter would be an update query that could make the changes. I know this is asking alot but one can always hope. Our clients are on Cognos 8 and 10.1.

Thanks

• Winson11
    Winson11
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Finding Report Dependencies

‏2013-06-26T15:37:06Z  in response to TheBrenda

http://www.cognoise.com/index.php?topic=11362.0

• TheBrenda
      TheBrenda
      57 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-26T18:06:27Z  in response to Winson11

Thanks. that was helpful. But in looking at the query, I wonder where is it identifying the Name property. For example, Short Name was renamed to Shortest Name. Where in the query do you reference Short Name is the selected model item to search for?

select distinct temp2.name as package,temp1.folder,temp1.name from

(SELECT    temp.PARENTNAME AS FOLDER,CMOBJECTS.PCMID,CMOBJNAMES.CMID, CMOBJNAMES.LOCALEID, CMOBJNAMES.MAPDLOCALEID, CMOBJNAMES.ISDEFAULT, CMOBJNAMES.NAME,

CMOBJECTS.CLASSID

FROM         CMOBJNAMES INNER JOIN

CMOBJECTS ON CMOBJNAMES.CMID = CMOBJECTS.CMID

INNER JOIN

(SELECT P.CMID AS PARENT,P.NAME AS PARENTNAME FROM CMOBJNAMES P where P.LOCALEID = 10) temp

ON CMOBJECTS.PCMID = TEMP.PARENT

WHERE     (CMOBJECTS.CLASSID = 10)

AND SUBSTRING(TEMP.PARENTNAME,1,1) NOT IN ('1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9') AND

TEMP.PARENTNAME NOT LIKE 'Backup%') temp1

inner join

(SELECT  CMREFNOORD1.CMID AS PID, CMREFNOORD1.REFCMID, CMOBJNAMES.NAME

FROM         CMREFNOORD1 INNER JOIN

CMOBJECTS ON CMREFNOORD1.REFCMID = CMOBJECTS.CMID INNER JOIN

CMOBJNAMES ON CMOBJECTS.CMID = CMOBJNAMES.CMID

WHERE     (CMREFNOORD1.PROPID = 31 AND CMOBJNAMES.LOCALEID = 10)) temp2

on temp1.cmid = temp2.pid

• Winson11
        Winson11
        29 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-27T13:51:56Z  in response to TheBrenda

In the model we have 

query called as Long Name & Short Name I guess this is what you were talking about. 

I never use the above code to rename the query items which were changed. I did it manually so. If you have to do it for over 100 reports I guess this is the way to do it. 

Winson.

• TheBrenda
          TheBrenda
          57 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-27T14:38:12Z  in response to Winson11

Right now I just want to find the dependances of a field name, I will worry about changing them later.

When I look at the query above, I am confused as to what needs to be changed to find the dependances of a specific field. Is it the " temp2.name as package,temp1.folder,temp1.name " fields that must be changed? Is temp2.name the package name, temp1.folder is the folder to look in, and temp1.name the actual field name?