Topic
  • 21 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-21T14:15:07Z by Brad_Van_Surksum
hakimh
hakimh
4 Posts

Pinned topic Report any issues with your Case Manager instance on IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise

‏2012-12-04T07:01:32Z |
If you have issues with the Case Manager instance on IBM SCE, then please post your issues/questions/concerns and we will respond as soon as we can.
Updated on 2013-03-24T02:21:33Z at 2013-03-24T02:21:33Z by JohnMuka
  • kaps1000
    kaps1000
    1 Post

Re: Report any issues with your Case Manager instance on IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise

‏2013-01-10T00:28:31Z  
     I am not able to search ICM in control panel. No search result. How to add the instance since there is no search result.

I followed instructions :
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/99f11d28-281e-4898-98b3-97ce5e41ef2c/entry/how_tos?lang=en

• hakimh
    hakimh
    4 Posts

Re: Report any issues with your Case Manager instance on IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise

‏2013-01-10T23:12:43Z  
    • kaps1000
    • ‏2013-01-10T00:28:31Z
     I am not able to search ICM in control panel. No search result. How to add the instance since there is no search result.

I followed instructions :
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/99f11d28-281e-4898-98b3-97ce5e41ef2c/entry/how_tos?lang=en

Did you have a problem on step 3) -  d. In the Image Name field, type IBM Case Manager* under "Create case manager instance" documentation topic?

You will not be able to find Case Manager instances if you type in "ICM". You would have to enter IBM Case Manager. If you still see a problem, then please email me your user id and customer number at hakimh@us.ibm.com.  You should be able to find this information under profile in the account tab.

• JohnMuka
    JohnMuka
    2 Posts

‏2013-03-24T02:21:33Z  
    • hakimh
    • ‏2013-01-10T23:12:43Z
    Did you have a problem on step 3) -  d. In the Image Name field, type IBM Case Manager* under "Create case manager instance" documentation topic?

You will not be able to find Case Manager instances if you type in "ICM". You would have to enter IBM Case Manager. If you still see a problem, then please email me your user id and customer number at hakimh@us.ibm.com.  You should be able to find this information under profile in the account tab.

Hakim, I also have the same issue as kaps1000. IBM Case Manager is not available as an instance to add no matter what the search criteria, or when I manually go through each available instance in every data center. I have emailed you my customer information.
  • PaulMacAlpine
    PaulMacAlpine
    12 Posts

‏2013-04-22T01:40:19Z  
    • JohnMuka
    • ‏2013-03-24T02:21:33Z
    Hakim, I also have the same issue as kaps1000. IBM Case Manager is not available as an instance to add no matter what the search criteria, or when I manually go through each available instance in every data center. I have emailed you my customer information.

Hello John,

Sorry for not seeing your post earlier.  I was not properly following the community and forum, so I did not receive an e-mail update about your post.

Just so you know, the IBM SCE interface only allows for an exact search.  That means that you must add a wildcard symbol (*), or type in the exact image name.  So, if you type "IBM Case Manager 5.1.1.0 64b - DUO" you will find the image.  If you type "IBM Case Manager*" you will fine all of the IBM Case Manager images (the DUO image, the PRE image, and the deprecated image).  If you type "IBM Case Manager" you will get no images.

I think it is counter-intuitive, but that is how it works.

-Paul

Updated on 2013-04-22T01:40:40Z at 2013-04-22T01:40:40Z by PaulMacAlpine
  • Patrick van der Horst
    1 Post

‏2013-04-23T10:12:59Z  

Hi there,

at certain moments in time my Image is not reachable, even through RDP. After a reboot request (which happens in half an hour) the image works as normal. Has this behaviour been noted before?

Thanks

• PaulMacAlpine
    PaulMacAlpine
    12 Posts

‏2013-04-23T19:06:08Z  

Hi there,

at certain moments in time my Image is not reachable, even through RDP. After a reboot request (which happens in half an hour) the image works as normal. Has this behaviour been noted before?

Thanks

Hello Patrick,

Yes, I have seen that behavior before.  Unfortunately, this comes from the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise infrastructure, so there is nothing we can do on our end.  If this issue comes up again, I would encourage you to post to the IBM SCE Support Community forum (https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/groups/join/1dba2e59-05da-4b9a-84e4-2444a6cac251).

-Paul

• 45BU_Mike_Prentice
    45BU_Mike_Prentice
    1 Post

‏2013-05-01T17:09:46Z  

The java or ssl certificate has expired on March 16.  Please remind me how to reset it.  It seems that either the base image needs to be updated or everyone using this instance after March 16th will need to run this process so it would be helpful to include it here.

You will get this message if you try to launch Process Designer.

• manol
    manol
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-25T10:41:49Z  

Hello, I am trying to Sign in https://www-147.ibm.com/cloud/enterprise/dashboard?csrftoken=null

I am registered at the Big Data University and I'm trying to create a Cloud instance.

I have created an IBM ID and linked it to my intranet ID, but Signing in with any of them does not work. 

Can you help me ? 

Is this the right place for this type of issue ? Do I need a special authorization ? 

Thank you

• PTollis
    PTollis
    7 Posts

‏2013-09-25T12:03:48Z  

Hello.

Yesterday (Sept. 24) i tried to create 2 Windows instances (named FSO_HR_App and FSO_HR_DB) in Ehninged datacenter, but after almost 1 day they are still not active (in Provisioning and Requesting status respectively). How can they be removed to try again a creation?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

BR

• hakimh
    hakimh
    4 Posts

‏2013-09-26T05:57:38Z  
    • manol
    • ‏2013-09-25T10:41:49Z

Hello, I am trying to Sign in https://www-147.ibm.com/cloud/enterprise/dashboard?csrftoken=null

I am registered at the Big Data University and I'm trying to create a Cloud instance.

I have created an IBM ID and linked it to my intranet ID, but Signing in with any of them does not work. 

Can you help me ? 

Is this the right place for this type of issue ? Do I need a special authorization ? 

Thank you

Hello Emmanuel,

Can you confirm if you signed up for Smart Cloud Enterprise? Here is a link on how to sign-up up on SCE.

https://www-304.ibm.com/shop/buycloud/americas/stores/servlet/unsec/ConfigLiteDisplay?catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=11051&krypto=gZeYqGSmOlIpTXacsGnXmkg9ZQcoz6WEaOqvRv4GYfzQveduDcPWYE3zKnYhQjvYb1eYkSfCx6Q%3D&ddkey=https:ConfigLiteDisplay

If you have signed up, then you should be able to dashboard. Please let us know.

• hakimh
    hakimh
    4 Posts

‏2013-09-26T06:00:30Z  
    • PTollis
    • ‏2013-09-25T12:03:48Z

Hello.

Yesterday (Sept. 24) i tried to create 2 Windows instances (named FSO_HR_App and FSO_HR_DB) in Ehninged datacenter, but after almost 1 day they are still not active (in Provisioning and Requesting status respectively). How can they be removed to try again a creation?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

BR

Hello Piero,

Can you please let us know which image you were using from the public catalog?

• PTollis
    PTollis
    7 Posts

‏2013-09-26T08:18:06Z  
    • hakimh
    • ‏2013-09-26T06:00:30Z

Hello Piero,

Can you please let us know which image you were using from the public catalog?

Hi hakimh.

Both instances were created from image named "Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R1 SP2 64b". Their ID's are 466693 and 466695. Another strange thing is the owner for these instances: it'snot me but another person, even if belonging to my group/staff

Anyway this morning i tried again with 2 new creations from the same image and it worked fine. so i'd just need to delete those hung instances.

Thanks

• manol
    manol
    2 Posts

‏2013-09-30T19:46:21Z  
    • hakimh
    • ‏2013-09-26T05:57:38Z

Hello Emmanuel,

Can you confirm if you signed up for Smart Cloud Enterprise? Here is a link on how to sign-up up on SCE.

https://www-304.ibm.com/shop/buycloud/americas/stores/servlet/unsec/ConfigLiteDisplay?catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=11051&krypto=gZeYqGSmOlIpTXacsGnXmkg9ZQcoz6WEaOqvRv4GYfzQveduDcPWYE3zKnYhQjvYb1eYkSfCx6Q%3D&ddkey=https:ConfigLiteDisplay

If you have signed up, then you should be able to dashboard. Please let us know.

Hello Hakimh, 

The link you gave me took me to 

IBM SmartCloud Enterprise
    Account

and then I got a pop-up window with the following message : "It appears from your email address that you are an IBM employee. So please understand that Internal orders for IBM SmartCloud Enterprise can not be placed through this application. For instructions on how to place an internal order, please refer to "Getting Started on the Cloud ".

This last link did not take me anywhere. I got another error message : "

That page cannot be displayed.

Please contact a wiki member or the person who sent you the link and verify it is correct."

Is this the right place to get a "test-cloud" ? 

Thank you again,

Emmanuel

• Brad_Van_Surksum
    Brad_Van_Surksum
    16 Posts

‏2013-11-19T18:37:10Z  

I typed in the password for P8Admin in the command window (which also reset the local administrator account) and now I cannot sign on as P8Admin or administrator with either the new or old password.  I log into windows just fine (with the new password), but none of the browser based log ins allow me access.  What is my best path forward?  Can I rerun the script?

Thanks

Brad

Updated on 2013-11-19T19:13:23Z at 2013-11-19T19:13:23Z by Brad_Van_Surksum
  • Laurent Dubois
    Laurent Dubois
    7 Posts

‏2013-11-19T19:19:28Z  

I typed in the password for P8Admin in the command window (which also reset the local administrator account) and now I cannot sign on as P8Admin or administrator with either the new or old password.  I log into windows just fine (with the new password), but none of the browser based log ins allow me access.  What is my best path forward?  Can I rerun the script?

Thanks

Brad

Brad,

We recently discovered an issue with expired DB2 licenses on the public template that will require providing a new version for that template.
    We are hoping to get that template available by the end of the week. Once available, please create a new instance.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Laurent

• Brad_Van_Surksum
    Brad_Van_Surksum
    16 Posts

‏2013-11-19T19:37:14Z  

Brad,

We recently discovered an issue with expired DB2 licenses on the public template that will require providing a new version for that template.
    We are hoping to get that template available by the end of the week. Once available, please create a new instance.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Laurent

Thanks for the information.  After the new template is available, can I overlay that over my current instance or do I have to buy another instance to put it in?

Thanks again for your help

• Laurent Dubois
    Laurent Dubois
    7 Posts

‏2013-11-19T20:38:26Z  

Thanks for the information.  After the new template is available, can I overlay that over my current instance or do I have to buy another instance to put it in?

Thanks again for your help

you will need to order a new instance.

• Laurent Dubois
    Laurent Dubois
    7 Posts

‏2013-11-20T02:08:14Z  

you will need to order a new instance.

Brad, the new Softlayer template is available (v1.2), though now I read the whole thread I realize that you might be using an SCE image and not softlayer (if that's the case I'm sorry, I've been redirected to your post and assumed the issue was with SL image, not SCE).

• Brad_Van_Surksum
    Brad_Van_Surksum
    16 Posts

‏2013-11-20T21:23:21Z  

Brad, the new Softlayer template is available (v1.2), though now I read the whole thread I realize that you might be using an SCE image and not softlayer (if that's the case I'm sorry, I've been redirected to your post and assumed the issue was with SL image, not SCE).

I am using SoftLayer and your post made sense to me.  I have been working with several people with IBM/Softlayer and I believe we have resolved our billing issue.  I will wait for the update to the public image template (IBM Case Management platform template for non-production use (v1.2)) before I order anything again.

Thanks

• Laurent Dubois
    Laurent Dubois
    7 Posts

‏2013-11-20T22:00:41Z  

I am using SoftLayer and your post made sense to me.  I have been working with several people with IBM/Softlayer and I believe we have resolved our billing issue.  I will wait for the update to the public image template (IBM Case Management platform template for non-production use (v1.2)) before I order anything again.

Thanks

Brad, as mentioned in my previous post, the updated template is available (v1.2), so you can go ahead an order a new instance from it.

• Brad_Van_Surksum
    Brad_Van_Surksum
    16 Posts

‏2013-11-21T14:15:07Z  

Brad, as mentioned in my previous post, the updated template is available (v1.2), so you can go ahead an order a new instance from it.

Laurent, I apologize, I misunderstood and thought I had already tried v1.2?  I see that 1.2 was created on 11-19, the day after I had troulbe so I will assume that on the 18th I used 1.1

Thanks for your help on this and I apologize for posting this in the Smart Cloud Enterprise Topic.  I have made a new Topic for SoftLayer issues that I will use in the future.