Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-07-02T13:00:33Z by chr_btc-es
cifall
cifall
2 Posts

Pinned topic Rhapsody TestConductor: Option Create Test Architecture not visible

‏2019-06-09T18:55:20Z |

Hello, 

I have recently started to use Rhapsody and I try to work with the sample Cash Register.

What I have tried to do is to generate automatically the test package, as it is explain here (page 36,37): 

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSB2MU_8.1.4/com.btc.tcatg.user.doc/pdf/RTC_User_Guide.pdf

Here are the steps I have followed:

1. Start Rhapsody ( I am using IBM Rational Rhapsody Developer for C++ version 8.2)

2. Open the sample project TestConductor/CashRegister

3. File -> Add Profiles to add the following file:

C:\ProgramData\IBM\Rational\Rhapsody\8.2\Share\Profiles\TestingProfile\TestingProfile_rpy\TestingProfile.sbs 

4 Then I open the package CashRegister and I do a right click on the class CashRegister

but I am not abble to see the option create test Architecture as you can see in the pictures in attached (issue1.png, issue2.png).

5. I am abble to create the test Package manually (see fig1.png) but I do not understand why I cannot do it automatically.

Please find more on my settings in pictures.

Thanks and Regards 

• chr_btc-es
    chr_btc-es
    92 Posts

Re: Rhapsody TestConductor: Option Create Test Architecture not visible

‏2019-06-13T15:12:07Z  

It might be the context menu helpers are incorrect in your rhapsody.ini (this file contains several settings for Rhapsody), it should be located in your user profile: Can you attach your rhapsody.ini? Then I can have a look at it.

• cifall
    cifall
    2 Posts

‏2019-06-13T21:25:01Z  

Hi, 

I have attached the file as requested.

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Attachments

• chr_btc-es
    chr_btc-es
    92 Posts

‏2019-07-02T13:00:33Z  
    • cifall
    • ‏2019-06-13T21:25:01Z

Hi, 

I have attached the file as requested.

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Hi,

I am sorry for the late response. In the ini file you attached there are lines

------
    name21=Create TestArchitecture

applicableTo21=Class,Class Diagram

-------

The applicableTo entries define on what elements the menu item "Create TestArchitecture" can be invoked on. I assume the space between the "Class Diagram§ part confuse Rhapsody (I never saw an applicableTo entry with a space, usually they would be "ClassDiagram"). Please edit the ini file (while Rhapsody is not running) and change the line to

applicableTo21=Class,ClassDiagram

Then try again, can you now see the context menu entry?