Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2014-04-09T14:13:17Z by jgstew
Guilherme_Lima
Guilherme_Lima
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Services EndPoint Manager

‏2014-04-09T13:58:11Z |
Services EndPoint Manager

I'm having trouble knowing the explanation of each service and for each service that serves this list below. 

besserver 
besfilldb 
besgatherdb 
besclient 
beswebreports 

I searched several places, but without much relevant information about in general against information that is related to the status of the service. 

-What are they? 
-Part of (associate)? 
-What's the use? 
-How are they used?
  • jgstew
    jgstew
    33 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Services EndPoint Manager

‏2014-04-09T14:13:17Z  in response to Guilherme_Lima

I don't think I have this exactly right, but this should be close

besserver - this is the application for the root server that is at the center of everything

besfilldb - this is what the root server / relays use to take incoming reports, which in the case of a relay go up the chain and eventually reach the root server, and in the case of the root server, go into the BF Enterprise SQL DB.

besgatherdb - this is what gathers data higher up the chain. In the case of relays this gets info from relays above it, in the case of the root server, it collects external sites from IBM.

besclient - this is the piece that reports info of the physical / virtual computer it is installed on up to relays and eventually to the root server. the client also takes actions which make changes on the computer itself. All systems that are participating in endpoint management have the besclient installed.

beswebrepots - this is a web UI for reporting on various things.