Topic
  • 16 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-05T16:16:12Z by mrzeiner
cindy5
cindy5
16 Posts

Pinned topic Doors 9.5 RPE export

‏2013-06-04T07:30:49Z |

With DOORS 9.5 I can directly generate with the RPE.

There is only the possibility to add a dta File but I want to generate the module with a stylesheet for the layout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sidika

Updated on 2013-06-04T07:35:37Z at 2013-06-04T07:35:37Z by cindy5
  • ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

Re: Doors 9.5 RPE export

‏2013-06-04T23:53:26Z  

Hi Sidika,

Can you describe in more details the steps you are going through please? Which version of RPE do you have?

From DOORS: If you select the Publish - Generate Document option  from inside a module you can step through the wizard and select a style sheet.

From RPE Studio: With the template open Select Document Specification - Generate - Configure and generate document

• cindy5
    cindy5
    16 Posts

‏2013-06-05T07:24:42Z  

Hi Sidika,

Can you describe in more details the steps you are going through please? Which version of RPE do you have?

From DOORS: If you select the Publish - Generate Document option  from inside a module you can step through the wizard and select a style sheet.

From RPE Studio: With the template open Select Document Specification - Generate - Configure and generate document

Hi Chris,

thanks for your answer!

I use RPE 1.2.

I open a module in DOORS and click File -> Export -> Document Generation and select the format I want to have.

Than a wizard start. Now I can select the template (dta) and click on the button Export.

After generating I get an exported document ,but without the layout I configured in the Launcher from RPE (output).

I want to use the RPE directly from DOORS and don't want to open it everytime.

I want to add the Launcher (dsx) ,like the dta, to the module I want to generate in DOORS.

Regards,

Sidika

• EHcnck
    EHcnck
    51 Posts

‏2013-06-05T14:59:56Z  
    • cindy5
    • ‏2013-06-05T07:24:42Z

Hi Chris,

thanks for your answer!

I use RPE 1.2.

I open a module in DOORS and click File -> Export -> Document Generation and select the format I want to have.

Than a wizard start. Now I can select the template (dta) and click on the button Export.

After generating I get an exported document ,but without the layout I configured in the Launcher from RPE (output).

I want to add the Launcher (dsx) ,like the dta, to the module I want to generate in DOORS.

Regards,

Sidika

I created a dxl script(made it a menu option) to do this... it determines the type of module then what template to use based on the project/datbase writes the dsx file to the users desktop then executes the dsx file.

DOORS 9.3.0.7

RPE 1.1.2

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

‏2013-06-05T22:54:17Z  
    • cindy5
    • ‏2013-06-05T07:24:42Z

Hi Chris,

thanks for your answer!

I use RPE 1.2.

Regards,

Sidika

Hi Sidika,

Ok, I forgot about that menu option!

Given the control you are after I would use the:

Publish - Generate Document option

You can select the .dsx file directly and run it or step through the wizard to reconfigure it

• cindy5
    cindy5
    16 Posts

‏2013-06-06T10:49:46Z  
    • EHcnck
    • ‏2013-06-05T14:59:56Z

I created a dxl script(made it a menu option) to do this... it determines the type of module then what template to use based on the project/datbase writes the dsx file to the users desktop then executes the dsx file.

DOORS 9.3.0.7

RPE 1.1.2

HI,

thanks for your help :)

• cindy5
    cindy5
    16 Posts

‏2013-06-06T11:00:08Z  

Hi Sidika,

Ok, I forgot about that menu option!

Given the control you are after I would use the:

Publish - Generate Document option

You can select the .dsx file directly and run it or step through the wizard to reconfigure it

Hi Chris,

thanks for your answer!

When I select in DOORS File -> Export -> Document Generation I only can add a dta, not the dsx file.

I need the dsx File for the layout, because I can only configure the dot.file in dsx.

Or do I misunderstood you?.

If there is another way that you mean, can you pls describe me the way? Thanks!

Regards,

Sidika

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts

‏2013-06-06T23:08:42Z  
    • cindy5
    • ‏2013-06-06T11:00:08Z

Hi Chris,

thanks for your answer!

When I select in DOORS File -> Export -> Document Generation I only can add a dta, not the dsx file.

I need the dsx File for the layout, because I can only configure the dot.file in dsx.

Or do I misunderstood you?.

If there is another way that you mean, can you pls describe me the way? Thanks!

Regards,

Sidika

Hi Sidika,

It depends on if you have RPE installed on the same machine as the DOORS client you are using?

If you do then there is an extra menu in the DOORS Module called "Publish". You can use this menu to select a specification file (.dsx) and either run a report using that spec file as-is or run the  wizard to reconfigure it.

If you do not have RPE installed then you can only use the template as you described.

• cindy5
    cindy5
    16 Posts

‏2013-06-07T13:52:42Z  

Hi Sidika,

It depends on if you have RPE installed on the same machine as the DOORS client you are using?

If you do then there is an extra menu in the DOORS Module called "Publish". You can use this menu to select a specification file (.dsx) and either run a report using that spec file as-is or run the  wizard to reconfigure it.

If you do not have RPE installed then you can only use the template as you described.

Hi Chris

Thanks for your help.

Don't know this :)

Regards,

Sidika

• BillTidy
    BillTidy
    72 Posts

‏2013-06-07T18:21:40Z  
    • cindy5
    • ‏2013-06-07T13:52:42Z

Hi Chris

Thanks for your help.

Don't know this :)

Regards,

Sidika

Document Generation does not support the use of stylesheets and some other good stuff that you can do with 'Publish'.

• Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1654 Posts

‏2013-06-10T18:39:39Z  
    • BillTidy
    • ‏2013-06-07T18:21:40Z

Document Generation does not support the use of stylesheets and some other good stuff that you can do with 'Publish'.

Hey folks,

Document Generation ->Publish is an addin contributed to DOORS by RPE and is part of RPE. When invoked, the standalone RPE Launcher is executed with a set of command line arguments and you get to use the RPE Publish Wizard.

File->Export->Document Generation is a functionality provided by DOORS and is part of DOORS. This functionality is based on RRDG ( see this for an explanation on RRDG vs RPE) but in terms of UI it is totally independent and unrelated to the capabilities provided by RPE.

In summary, while the  functions are similar, they are exposed by 2 different products and have 2 different capability sets.

Regards,

Dragos

Updated on 2013-06-10T18:41:05Z at 2013-06-10T18:41:05Z by Dragos.Cojocari
  • mrzeiner
    mrzeiner
    3 Posts

‏2013-11-27T19:40:22Z  

Hey folks,

Document Generation ->Publish is an addin contributed to DOORS by RPE and is part of RPE. When invoked, the standalone RPE Launcher is executed with a set of command line arguments and you get to use the RPE Publish Wizard.

File->Export->Document Generation is a functionality provided by DOORS and is part of DOORS. This functionality is based on RRDG ( see this for an explanation on RRDG vs RPE) but in terms of UI it is totally independent and unrelated to the capabilities provided by RPE.

In summary, while the  functions are similar, they are exposed by 2 different products and have 2 different capability sets.

Regards,

Dragos

Hi Dragos,

So is it possible to use a .dta file created using RPE on a PC that only has DOORS 9.5.1.2 loaded, using the File>Export>Document Generation method.

When I tried to do this I got an error message saying my .dta file that was created in RPE was not a .dta file.

Thanks,

Mike

• Kumaraswamy M
    Kumaraswamy M
    350 Posts

‏2013-11-28T02:58:58Z  
    • mrzeiner
    • ‏2013-11-27T19:40:22Z

Hi Dragos,

So is it possible to use a .dta file created using RPE on a PC that only has DOORS 9.5.1.2 loaded, using the File>Export>Document Generation method.

When I tried to do this I got an error message saying my .dta file that was created in RPE was not a .dta file.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

>>> So is it possible to use a .dta file created using RPE on a PC that only has DOORS 9.5.1.2 loaded, using the File>Export>Document Generation method.

Yes

>>> When I tried to do this I got an error message saying my .dta file that was created in RPE was not a .dta file.

This is a known issue. Let me check with the relevant team if this issue has been addressed and in which version of DDORS.

Thanks,

Kumar

• VinayN
    VinayN
    6 Posts

‏2013-11-28T07:16:13Z  

Hi Mike,

>>> So is it possible to use a .dta file created using RPE on a PC that only has DOORS 9.5.1.2 loaded, using the File>Export>Document Generation method.

Yes

>>> When I tried to do this I got an error message saying my .dta file that was created in RPE was not a .dta file.

This is a known issue. Let me check with the relevant team if this issue has been addressed and in which version of DDORS.

Thanks,

Kumar

Above said defect ("not a valid dta file") is fixed in DOORS 952 version. If customer needs this fix for previous releases then a encrypted .inc file can be sent for this. If this is of major priority please contact DOORS support to get this patched.

• mrzeiner
    mrzeiner
    3 Posts

‏2013-12-03T14:09:44Z  
    • VinayN
    • ‏2013-11-28T07:16:13Z

Above said defect ("not a valid dta file") is fixed in DOORS 952 version. If customer needs this fix for previous releases then a encrypted .inc file can be sent for this. If this is of major priority please contact DOORS support to get this patched.

Hi

Yes, I will need the .inc file. I am using DOORS 9.5.1.2. How do I get it?

Thank you,

Mike

• VinayN
    VinayN
    6 Posts

‏2013-12-05T10:27:18Z  
    • mrzeiner
    • ‏2013-12-03T14:09:44Z

Hi

Yes, I will need the .inc file. I am using DOORS 9.5.1.2. How do I get it?

Thank you,

Mike

you can downlaod that from DOORS fixportal  -

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/rational/private/IRDOORS-JkCVgvKpFtHB

• mrzeiner
    mrzeiner
    3 Posts

‏2013-12-05T16:16:12Z  
    • VinayN
    • ‏2013-12-05T10:27:18Z

you can downlaod that from DOORS fixportal  -

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/rational/private/IRDOORS-JkCVgvKpFtHB

When I try to connect to the link above with WS_FTP Pro I get connection refused.