• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-06-11T01:32:47Z by Mat_C
gcibirch91
gcibirch91
42 Posts

Pinned topic Error 28 when logging into Console

‏2013-08-28T15:36:08Z |

Hi

I got kicked out of the console and then when I go back in I get the message "failed to connect to http://bigfix.bgfix.com:52311: HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached."

I also noticed the BES Root Server is not starting either. I have rebooted the server but cant get anything to work. any ideas on what the cause is or fix?

thanks

• BigFixNinja
    BigFixNinja
    13 Posts

Re: Error 28 when logging into Console

‏2013-08-28T15:46:16Z  

The BESRootServer.exe process is the process on the server that serves connections up to the console, so it is essential that this process is running.  The BES Root Server service may not be able to start due to a problem with the user that the service logs in as.  This user needs dbo access to the database.  Check  the following:

1. The BES Root Server service must be running.  If problems exists the service will fail...

2. Check the user the BES Root Server service is logging in as, has the password for this NT user expired?  Does the user still have DBO rights to the BFEnterprise database?

3. Check the ODBC configurations (C:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe), check to ensure they are pointing to the correct database server.  Do a simple connection test.  Can it connect?

4. Is the SQL Server service process running?  Are there problems with the database?

5. Are there network problems between the server and the SQL server database?

• gcibirch91
    gcibirch91
    42 Posts

‏2013-08-28T16:14:42Z  

The BESRootServer.exe process is the process on the server that serves connections up to the console, so it is essential that this process is running.  The BES Root Server service may not be able to start due to a problem with the user that the service logs in as.  This user needs dbo access to the database.  Check  the following:

1. The BES Root Server service must be running.  If problems exists the service will fail...

2. Check the user the BES Root Server service is logging in as, has the password for this NT user expired?  Does the user still have DBO rights to the BFEnterprise database?

3. Check the ODBC configurations (C:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe), check to ensure they are pointing to the correct database server.  Do a simple connection test.  Can it connect?

4. Is the SQL Server service process running?  Are there problems with the database?

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

1 Bes Root server is not running. It starts and then suddenly stops

2 Bes Root Server is using the Local system Account

3 ODBC is pointing to the correct SQL server and login details work using a test

4 and 5 am waiting for the network team to come back to me on this.

• vincent.h
    vincent.h
    19 Posts

‏2013-09-04T21:06:17Z  

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

1 Bes Root server is not running. It starts and then suddenly stops

2 Bes Root Server is using the Local system Account

3 ODBC is pointing to the correct SQL server and login details work using a test

4 and 5 am waiting for the network team to come back to me on this.

No errors in the event viewer logs? 

• ManashBarman
    ManashBarman
    2 Posts

‏2015-03-13T10:15:27Z  

hi

we are migrated big fix 8.0 to 9.1, after that when open big fix console then there show-- one msg in window that " No item Selected" Please help me how to open the new console?

Content error show-

File Error " class directory not foundError" on "c:\Dacuments and setting\wipro\Local setting

Class unable to resolve Reference

Thanks!

• ManashBarman
    ManashBarman
    2 Posts

‏2015-03-13T10:35:21Z  
    • vincent.h
    • ‏2013-09-04T21:06:17Z

No errors in the event viewer logs? 

Hi

yea there is an error in event viewer -

Faulting application Bes root server.exe version 9.1.1117.0 faulting module BES Root server .exe version9.1.1117.0 faolut address 0x002f26e0

• Mat_C
    Mat_C
    1 Post

‏2015-06-11T01:32:47Z  

Hello All,

Our BigFix installation (9.1.1117) recently started exhibiting these same problems.  The BesRootServer.exe service will crash (Application Error 1000, faulting module ntdll.dll in event log) about every 20 minutes.

Here's what I've tried so far:
    *SFC Scan (no failed files)
    *ChkDisk (no problems found)
    *Antivirus On Access Scan disabled
    *Checked SQL database consistency
    *Used Audit Cleaner Tool to clean up database
    *Rolled back recent system patches

System Info:
    IEM/BES 9.1.1117
    SQL Server Standard 2005
    Windows Server 2008r2

Any thoughts or ideas welcomed.