IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections Platform is now in read-only mode and content is only available for viewing. No new wiki pages, posts, or messages may be added. Please see our FAQ for more information. The developerWorks Connections platform will officially shut down on March 31, 2020 and content will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ. (Read in Japanese.)
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-12-07T08:17:14Z by LMSC
ckrajec
ckrajec
4 Posts

Pinned topic Service Matrix Creation Process Clarification Request

‏2016-09-07T22:16:24Z | #servicematrix #tririga

I created this in a forum where I thought it logically fit, but I am not seeing any responses there, so I have copied that post to this forum in the hopes I will get some sort of a response.

Reading the documentation on how to generate service matrix records raises some questions with regards to what the Generate Service Matrix action on the Create Service Matrix tab will actually generate from a record perspective. By this I mean the number of records I would expect to get generated is not the number of records that are actually generated. Here's a step-by-step example of what I did and why I am raising this question in this forum.

1. Navigate to Contracts>Service Agreements and create a new Service Agreement as follows: 
    1. General tab: Enter something for the Name field in the General section.
    2. Choose DEFAULT Workgroup for Service Provider Name.
    3. Choose Service Agreement as the Contract Type, click on the radio button next to Primary and check all of the check boxes in the Details section.
    4. In the Dates section, select a start date (current date is fine), and expiration date (8/30/2030 was used in my test case), and choose 1 Month for the Expiration Reminder.
    5. Click on the Terms & Conditions tab.
    6. In the Default Matrix SLA Values section, click on the Use Request Class Defaults.
    7. In the sub tab section under the Default Service Charge Type section, the Request Class (for Services) tab should be selected. Click on the Find button. 
      1. In the pop-up dialog, click on the check box to select all request classes (the check box is to the left of the table field names) and then click the OK button.
    8. Notice that the Request Class (for Services) section now has a list of the different request classes.
    9. Click on the Create Draft button.
    10. Click on Issue button.
    11. Once the Service Agreement is in an Issued status, reopen the record and verify that it does not have any service matrix records currently. This is a critical check point as this is where my main question will arise.
  2. Navigate to Maintenance>Set Up>General>Service Matrix and click on the Create Service Matrix tab. 
    1. In the Manage By section, click on the Contract radio button. This will display a field where you can select a service contract.
    2. Click on the magnifying glass next to the Service Contract field and click on the radio button next to the service agreement you created above. Click the OK button and the Service Contract field should now contain the name of the service agreement you selected.
    3. In Customer Organization, click on the radio button next to Use Top Level Organization.
    4. The Top Level Organization field should appear. Click on the magnifying glass next to this field and click on the radio button next to \Organizations followed by the OK button. This should populate the Top Level Organization field with "\Organizations".
    5. In the Default Matrix SLA Values, click on the Use Request Class Defaults check box.
    6. In the sub tab section below the Default Matrix SLA Values you should see a list of request classes with check boxes in front of them. Click on one and only one check box next to a request class. DO NOT CLICK ON THE CHECKBOX WHERE THE FIELDNAMES APPEAR.
    7. Click on the Service Locations sub tab.
    8. Click on the Find button.
    9. Select a single value such as a particular building, floor, space or other location type record. For quickest results, it is best to select a space record as the rest of this process will generate service matrix records based on the location hierarchy. The level in the hierarchy does not matter for the purposes of this question. After clicking a check box next to the desired location record, click the OK button.
    10. Notice that the record selected in the previous step is the only record shown in the Service Locations sub tab. Click on the check box to the left of that record.
    11. Click back on the Request Class tab and verify that the record you selected there is still the only record selected.
    12. In the Manage By section, click on the Generate Service Matrix button.
    13. A pop-up dialog will appear indicating that the process will create Service Matrix records, but only if you click the Continue button. Click the Continue button.
  3. Go back to the Service Agreement you created earlier and click on the Terms and Conditions tab.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. Notice that the Service Matrix records are being created based on the request classes defined in the Service Agreement and not based on the single request class you selected during the Create Service Matrix process.

So, the question is whether this is expected behavior or should we have expected only one service matrix record to be created based on the only request class record we selected in the Create Service Matrix process outlined above?

Updated on 2016-09-08T15:53:53Z at 2016-09-08T15:53:53Z by ckrajec
  • CraigPhipps
    CraigPhipps
    2 Posts

Re: Service Matrix Creation Process Clarification Request

‏2016-09-08T20:14:34Z  

The service matrix records can be created directly from the service plan as you expected and solely from the process in your main step one above.  However you missed some requirements.  You must have at least one record selected in either the Request Class (for Services) or the Service Class (for Materials) tab.  You met that criteria.  However, you also need at least one record selected in either the Service Geographies tab or the Service Locations tab (this can be the root record if it is not a factor for your service agreement).  And you also must have a least one record selected under Customer Organizations (again a root level record is acceptable).  Then the system will create a service matrix record for each unique combination of Req. Class/Service Class and Geo/Loc and Org.

By using the Set Up tool you are essentially adding those extra required contexts to the service agreement and that is why the created service matrix records incorporate all of the previously identified request classes.

I hope that helps.

Craig

• ckrajec
    ckrajec
    4 Posts

‏2016-09-08T22:38:43Z  

The service matrix records can be created directly from the service plan as you expected and solely from the process in your main step one above.  However you missed some requirements.  You must have at least one record selected in either the Request Class (for Services) or the Service Class (for Materials) tab.  You met that criteria.  However, you also need at least one record selected in either the Service Geographies tab or the Service Locations tab (this can be the root record if it is not a factor for your service agreement).  And you also must have a least one record selected under Customer Organizations (again a root level record is acceptable).  Then the system will create a service matrix record for each unique combination of Req. Class/Service Class and Geo/Loc and Org.

By using the Set Up tool you are essentially adding those extra required contexts to the service agreement and that is why the created service matrix records incorporate all of the previously identified request classes.

I hope that helps.

Craig

I think there needs to be some clarification regarding the service matrix creation process. There is an implied ability to create a single service matrix record for a single location. In actuality, the application is going to create multiple service matrix records based on the configuration in the service agreement contract record. I glossed over a few things in the steps, which you pointed out, but I think the critical thing is how the Generate Service Matrix action really works.

The selection of the service contract dictates what you will see in the bottom section of the setup screen.

Not the clearest pictures, but these are the request classes that were found from the contract. Similarly, the locations and organizations defined in the contract would be used to populate the other tabs.

Based on the selection of the Request Class and Locations (checked) the user expectation is that only one record will be created. In reality, the application creates service matrix records for all of the request classes and service locations in the contract and the selections in these two sections is completely moot.

Look at "triServiceMaintenanceSetup - Synchronous - Create SAM Records From Contract" workflow and I think you will see what I am trying to say. The workflow takes the information from the contract and loops through that information. The only way I can see that you can create a single matrix record for a single request class and location and still use this process would be to have a contract that only specifies a single request class and a single location.

• CraigPhipps
    CraigPhipps
    2 Posts

‏2016-09-09T22:54:28Z  

Hey Chris, I'm pretty sure that by managing by contract, the system is taking your inputs as additional parameters for the contract.  Therefore adding locations/geographies etc. to the contract result in multiple service matrix records because there will be a unique service matrix record for each unique combination of service/request class, geo/location, and org.  It kind of goes along with managing by contract.

• LMSC
    LMSC
    1 Post

‏2017-12-07T08:17:14Z  

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right topic to make this question or if my question has been answered, but I would like to configure Tririga to submit a request in UX and automatically convert in a worktask assigned to a workgroup.

Is it possible do this in Tririga?

Nowadays I have Tririga configured like ckrajec as described in his first post, but when I submit a request I have allways to go "my request", open the last request, choose a service request and submit!

So I would like to know if it is possible jump this last step, instead of having someone "clicking" submit allways we have a request. 

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,