• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-17T15:20:14Z by Jerret
ThMarquardt
ThMarquardt
4 Posts

Pinned topic HS23 Citrix PVS 6.1

‏2013-08-26T09:54:13Z |

Hello,

we will use a HS23 with Emulex CNA as Citrix PVS Target Device. On PXE bootstrap it hangs.

Have anybody a solution for that problem?

Regards Thomas

• jmorassutti
    jmorassutti
    2 Posts

Re: HS23 Citrix PVS 6.1

‏2013-10-02T14:39:33Z  

Hi Thomas, Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem on the HS23's and PVS (but with Broadcomm nics) at one of my customers. I have escalated this to engineering but they cannot seem to figure out a fix yet.

Any info you could provide would be helpful.

Thanks!

• Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    1150 Posts

‏2013-10-02T18:04:04Z  

Hi Thomas, Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem on the HS23's and PVS (but with Broadcomm nics) at one of my customers. I have escalated this to engineering but they cannot seem to figure out a fix yet.

Any info you could provide would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi collegues,

what about fresh Emulex software 4.6.166.9 ? Did you try it?

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow

• Jerret
    Jerret
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-09T14:45:10Z  

I am having the same problem with the HS23 blades with Emulex NICs (PXE-2.0 BIOS v4.6.166.9) and Citrix PVS 7.0.  The same Citrix PVS environment works fine the the HS22 blades with Broadcom NICs.  I did a WireShark capture with the HS23 and it shows the PVS bootstrap file being pulled down successfully and then it hangs.  If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I am all ears.  I am now escalating this issue with Citrix Support.

Thanks,

Jerret

• jmorassutti
    jmorassutti
    2 Posts

‏2014-02-12T17:33:29Z  
    • Jerret
    • ‏2013-10-09T14:45:10Z

I am having the same problem with the HS23 blades with Emulex NICs (PXE-2.0 BIOS v4.6.166.9) and Citrix PVS 7.0.  The same Citrix PVS environment works fine the the HS22 blades with Broadcom NICs.  I did a WireShark capture with the HS23 and it shows the PVS bootstrap file being pulled down successfully and then it hangs.  If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I am all ears.  I am now escalating this issue with Citrix Support.

Thanks,

Jerret

Hi Jarret, Were you able to get a resolution from Citrix on this issue? Have a customer still with the same issue as you mentioned above...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Jerret
    Jerret
    2 Posts

‏2014-02-17T15:20:14Z  

Hi Jarret, Were you able to get a resolution from Citrix on this issue? Have a customer still with the same issue as you mentioned above...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, I was able to get a solution from Citrix.  They developed a private hotfix for a new bootstrap file that fixes the problem.  If you call Citrix Support and explain the problem, they should be able to give you the private hotfix.  Supposedly, it will be incorporated into any new public hotfixes for PVS. 

The problem was that any NICs made in the past couple years or so have much more onboard memory.  The Citrix bootstrap file would only read the first 10 banks of the onboard memory on the NIC in order to map to all of the APIs.  The new bootstrap file from the private hotifx from Citrix reads all of the onboard memory on the NIC and maps to any APIs.  This resolves the hang seen during the PXE boot process with a PVS target with a newer NIC installed.

Thanks.