Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-17T15:48:41Z by GlennSkinner
releasecm
releasecm
14 Posts

Pinned topic ClearQuest 8.0.1 Installation Failure

‏2013-12-12T16:04:03Z |

ClearQuest 8.0.1 Installation on windows 2008 Enterprise Server fails while installation.

Breaking my head if its due to WAS profiling. Any ideas please ...

The installation screen shot is attached.

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

Re: ClearQuest 8.0.1 Installation Failure

‏2013-12-12T19:35:43Z  

Hi

A few questions:

1) Where is the repository, local to the machine or remote?

2) if you access the repository and go into disk 1/LKAD/native, is the file mentioned in the error there?

3) If at the point when you receive the error, if you navigate to the shared folder mentioned in the error, is the file in the error in the folder or not in the folder?

4) What drive contains the system temp? How much space is on that drive (You need 3x the size of the repository as available space)

5) Did you right click on the launcher and select run as administrator?

6) If you install clearquest without the license key administrator, does it install? (There is a newer version of the license key administrator 1.3, you could if clearquest installs, install that one as a seperate install)

One observation, where you are installing cqweb, you should shorter the install path. For example, D:\IBM rather than D:\Program Files (x86)\IBM the same with the WAS install. WAS has path limits that can be exceeded if you use the default paths.

Your fastest course of action might be to gather the install logs (this can be done from Installation Manager: Help>Export Data for Problem Analysis) and open a PMR with support providing the zip file that gets created.

• releasecm
    releasecm
    14 Posts

‏2013-12-13T07:29:42Z  

Hi

A few questions:

2) if you access the repository and go into disk 1/LKAD/native, is the file mentioned in the error there?

3) If at the point when you receive the error, if you navigate to the shared folder mentioned in the error, is the file in the error in the folder or not in the folder?

4) What drive contains the system temp? How much space is on that drive (You need 3x the size of the repository as available space)

6) If you install clearquest without the license key administrator, does it install? (There is a newer version of the license key administrator 1.3, you could if clearquest installs, install that one as a seperate install)

One observation, where you are installing cqweb, you should shorter the install path. For example, D:\IBM rather than D:\Program Files (x86)\IBM the same with the WAS install. WAS has path limits that can be exceeded if you use the default paths.

Your fastest course of action might be to gather the install logs (this can be done from Installation Manager: Help>Export Data for Problem Analysis) and open a PMR with support providing the zip file that gets created.

Installation was run from the do

==>> Local Disk Drive

==>> No Not visible or may have been embedded in some archive in the same path ... hope so 

==>> Not visible (screenshot cq801win2k8install11-error-imccpathvalidation-notpresent.png)

==>> c:\temp & c:\tmp.(cq801win2k8PREinstall2.png)  Enough disk space is available (cq801win2k8install4-diskspace.png)

==>> Yes

==>> Yes installed as a different group (cq801win2k8install3.png)

==>> PATH = c:\ibm

Q ? Do we need to install WAS as a separate installation ???

PFA screenshots for reference on exact detail.

Attachments

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2013-12-13T14:02:08Z  
    • releasecm
    • ‏2013-12-13T07:29:42Z

Installation was run from the do

==>> Local Disk Drive

==>> No Not visible or may have been embedded in some archive in the same path ... hope so 

==>> Not visible (screenshot cq801win2k8install11-error-imccpathvalidation-notpresent.png)

==>> c:\temp & c:\tmp.(cq801win2k8PREinstall2.png)  Enough disk space is available (cq801win2k8install4-diskspace.png)

==>> Yes

==>> Yes installed as a different group (cq801win2k8install3.png)

==>> PATH = c:\ibm

Q ? Do we need to install WAS as a separate installation ???

PFA screenshots for reference on exact detail.

Thanks for the information and screen shots. To answer your question, yes you need to install http server and WAS prior to installing 8.0.1 clearquest. WAS is no longer bundled with clearquest. Before going any further, I would suggest you go to the link below and look for the August 19th postings. There are 4 posts with links to videos that take you step by step through installing and configuring WAS 8.5 with clearquest 8.0.1 I think you will find those videos helpful.

I suspect you have a bad download of the clearquest install media, I would suggest downloading the media again. If you still have issues after that, then please call into support and open a PMR.

https://www.facebook.com/GSCQ2

• releasecm
    releasecm
    14 Posts

‏2013-12-14T03:06:44Z  

Thanks for the information and screen shots. To answer your question, yes you need to install http server and WAS prior to installing 8.0.1 clearquest. WAS is no longer bundled with clearquest. Before going any further, I would suggest you go to the link below and look for the August 19th postings. There are 4 posts with links to videos that take you step by step through installing and configuring WAS 8.5 with clearquest 8.0.1 I think you will find those videos helpful.

I suspect you have a bad download of the clearquest install media, I would suggest downloading the media again. If you still have issues after that, then please call into support and open a PMR.

https://www.facebook.com/GSCQ2

Do you mean that the WAS 8.5 comes along with the download package or do we have to download an individual component.

And I did have a corrupted package with out WAS 8.5.

Yes, While I tried to download and its always the same size but the given size is 1907 MB and the default download size is 1080 MB.

Do you have any other download link for the CQ evaluation.

We had ofcourse tried reaching IBM regarding the evaluation but none ofcouse had returned our queries.

• GlennSkinner
    GlennSkinner
    58 Posts

‏2013-12-17T15:48:41Z  
    • releasecm
    • ‏2013-12-14T03:06:44Z

Do you mean that the WAS 8.5 comes along with the download package or do we have to download an individual component.

And I did have a corrupted package with out WAS 8.5.

Yes, While I tried to download and its always the same size but the given size is 1907 MB and the default download size is 1080 MB.

Do you have any other download link for the CQ evaluation.

We had ofcourse tried reaching IBM regarding the evaluation but none ofcouse had returned our queries.

No WAS is bundled with clearquest 8. You must obtain and install WAS separately. I don't have any other link to download the clearquest evaluation software. Try downloading it from a different location, you may be running into proxy issues.