2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-08T13:06:40Z by MarkBroadhurst
MarkBroadhurst
MarkBroadhurst
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Resource environment entries in Liberty Profile

‏2013-08-06T08:57:10Z |

Hi,

I've scoured the web for an answer to this but without success.  I am trying to run an existing WebSphere 6.1 web application (.ear) in Liberty Profile 8.5.5.0.  The problem I have encountered is trying to replicate the resource environment entry to an administered object configured in WebSphere.  In the WebSphere console I have a single resource environment provider called EnvironmentPropertiesProvider which references a factory class and has a single resource environment entry called EnvironmentProperties (with the same JNDI name) which has a single custom property.

The application has some spring config that uses a jndi-lookup to get hold of the resource:

<jee:jndi-lookup id="environmentProperties"  jndi-name="EnvironmentProperties" resource-ref="true"/>

So I suppose my question is, is there a way to migrate this resource reference of a administered object using Liberty Profile's configuration files?

Thanks,

Mark

• bkail
    bkail
    23 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Resource environment entries in Liberty Profile

‏2013-08-07T20:52:47Z  in response to MarkBroadhurst

No, there is currently no way to configure a Reference/ObjectFactory environment entry.  The only capability is jndiEntry with simple data types.  If you need Reference/Object support, I recommend using the RFE process.

• MarkBroadhurst
      MarkBroadhurst
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Resource environment entries in Liberty Profile

‏2013-08-08T13:06:40Z  in response to bkail

Thanks for the reply - indeed it has already been submitted to the RFE process (31525).  Now, to find a workaround...