Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-26T13:41:47Z by jvogel-11
jvogel-11
jvogel-11
51 Posts

Pinned topic The (sbhupa) User Anomaly

‏2013-04-15T19:42:58Z |

Yes, it sounds like the title to a "Big Bang Theory" episode, but it is not. 

Has anybody else had their own user name in the posts replaced by the (sbhupa) user name?

• jvogel-11
    jvogel-11
    51 Posts

Re: The (sbhupa) User Anomaly

‏2013-05-07T19:03:26Z  
  • jvogel-11
    jvogel-11
    51 Posts

‏2013-05-16T17:04:13Z  
    • jvogel-11
    • ‏2013-05-07T19:03:26Z

It appears that the "sbhupa" user has been replaced by "SystemAdmin", but this still does not fix the problem.  Many of us who originally authored the posts here have been replaced by the "SystemAdmin".

• Ch3
    Ch3
    26 Posts

‏2013-05-29T19:06:05Z  
    • jvogel-11
    • ‏2013-05-16T17:04:13Z

It appears that the "sbhupa" user has been replaced by "SystemAdmin", but this still does not fix the problem.  Many of us who originally authored the posts here have been replaced by the "SystemAdmin".

All of my posts seem to have been reattributed to me once I logged in for the first time after this update. Notifications of posts no-longer are sent, by email after a new post, and it appears that this forum has all but died after the changes.

• jvogel-11
    jvogel-11
    51 Posts

‏2013-05-29T19:28:05Z  

Yeah, it is kind of different for me.  I only have 4 or 5 posts attributed to me now only because I posed the same question in other forums that had similar issues.  I am guessing I had about 50+ posts before the update.  I enjoyed asking and answering questions as we build a knowledge base for System Architect, but with its querkiness people are just going to be hesitant.

Two years ago, the forum made me change my ID(jvogel1?) because someone else with the same name as myself was using it at the same time.  A year prior leading up to that, me and the other guy with the same name went back and forth with the password changes and the postings on a single ID until IBM cleaned it up. When I wanted to login, I called IBM-india, asked for the password and they gave it to me and I changed it.  When the other guy wanted to login, he called IBM-india up, they gave him the password, and he changed it....and so on and so on.  I suppose anyone could have called up and asked for the password back then.

So the system burps once again and here we are.  Havent seen the other guy on the forums since.

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts

‏2013-06-26T16:04:33Z  
    • jvogel-11
    • ‏2013-05-29T19:28:05Z

Yeah, it is kind of different for me.  I only have 4 or 5 posts attributed to me now only because I posed the same question in other forums that had similar issues.  I am guessing I had about 50+ posts before the update.  I enjoyed asking and answering questions as we build a knowledge base for System Architect, but with its querkiness people are just going to be hesitant.

Two years ago, the forum made me change my ID(jvogel1?) because someone else with the same name as myself was using it at the same time.  A year prior leading up to that, me and the other guy with the same name went back and forth with the password changes and the postings on a single ID until IBM cleaned it up. When I wanted to login, I called IBM-india, asked for the password and they gave it to me and I changed it.  When the other guy wanted to login, he called IBM-india up, they gave him the password, and he changed it....and so on and so on.  I suppose anyone could have called up and asked for the password back then.

So the system burps once again and here we are.  Havent seen the other guy on the forums since.

Hi Jvogel ....We are working on a solution to reassign all the posts that you guys lost back from SystemAdmin/sbhupa back to you. This is going to happen in phases starting from july. Thanks for all your contributions and sorry for the inconvenience.

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts

‏2013-06-26T16:09:08Z  
    • Ch3
    • ‏2013-05-29T19:06:05Z

All of my posts seem to have been reattributed to me once I logged in for the first time after this update. Notifications of posts no-longer are sent, by email after a new post, and it appears that this forum has all but died after the changes.

Can you please login to developerworks and in the Masthead if you expand your screen name CH3 you will see Settings . Just click on settings and please Update your Forum Setting to Send Individual email radio button instead of a daily digest. Regarding your forum posting we will reassign it back to you soon. Thanks!!!

• jvogel-11
    jvogel-11
    51 Posts

‏2013-09-26T13:41:47Z  

Hi Jvogel ....We are working on a solution to reassign all the posts that you guys lost back from SystemAdmin/sbhupa back to you. This is going to happen in phases starting from july. Thanks for all your contributions and sorry for the inconvenience.

Any word on when they will be able to fix this?