IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-19T18:53:14Z by sumithar
sumithar
sumithar
115 Posts

Pinned topic View for SQL

‏2013-12-18T16:05:03Z |

Let's say I'm in the Enterprise Development or Remote Systems Explorer perspective busily editing a Cobol program.  I want to execute an SQL statement, let's say to get the columns in a table or something like that.

Is there a view that I can add to my perspective where I could issue a CONNECT statement and then my SQL script?

I am currently opening Database Developer perspective (I shell share with Data Studio), connecting to the Database I want, then right click and "new script"- this is rather time consuming.

• smithkenny
    smithkenny
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: View for SQL

‏2013-12-19T16:57:37Z  

Yes, you can open the Database Explorer view in your Enterprise Development perspective (Window - Show View - Other).You can also create and save a custom perspective with all the views you want. 

• smithkenny
    smithkenny
    14 Posts

‏2013-12-19T16:57:37Z  

Yes, you can open the Database Explorer view in your Enterprise Development perspective (Window - Show View - Other).You can also create and save a custom perspective with all the views you want. 

• sumithar
    sumithar
    115 Posts

‏2013-12-19T18:53:14Z  

Hi,

My Window->Show View->Other gives an option for Data Source Explorer and Data Project Explorer.  Using the former is similar to what I was doing, but I don't have to open a new perspective.

I will save the Perspective with this view as my own customized perspective.

Thanks for the tip.