• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-16T05:58:46Z by tmparker
Sugeeta
Sugeeta
1 Post

Pinned topic Return a variable from HATS Web application using Macro

‏2014-05-08T09:36:49Z |

Hi folks,

I have created a Web application in HATS, and have captured macros which is working fine.
Also created a variable for that macro, which I need to return as an ouput while testing with Web Service Explorer.
So, even after linking that variable properly in HAScript, the output is not getting return. The row column location of variable for the macro is proper .
Under 'Extract Action' for 'Data Plane' I have selected' Text Plane'.
Below is the output I have received. Here instead of getting the output I can see " ###### ############# ###### ###### ".

- <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
- <soapenv:Body>
- <ns2:connect1ProcessWSResponse xmlns:ns2="http://webserviceclasses/">
- <return>
<extract>###### ############# ###### ######</extract>
<HPubAccessHandle />
<HPubBeanName>Connect1</HPubBeanName>
<HPubBeanType>HOD</HPubBeanType>
<HPubConnectionOverrides />
<HPubEndChainName>null</HPubEndChainName>
<HPubEndType>0</HPubEndType>
<HPubErrorMessage>null</HPubErrorMessage>
<HPubErrorOccurred>0</HPubErrorOccurred>
<HPubLinkKey>null</HPubLinkKey>
<HPubMacroMessage>null</HPubMacroMessage>
<HPubOutputParmSuffix>_</HPubOutputParmSuffix>
<HPubScreenState>screen1</HPubScreenState>
<HPubStartChainName>null</HPubStartChainName>
<HPubStartPoolName>May5/main</HPubStartPoolName>
<HPubStartType>0</HPubStartType>
<HPubXMLProperties><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><!DOCTYPE com.ibm.HostPublisher.IntegrationObject.properties [<!ELEMENT com.ibm.HostPublisher.IntegrationObject.properties (inputProperties, outputProperties)><!ATTLIST com.ibm.HostPublisher.IntegrationObject.properties name CDATA ""><!ELEMENT inputProperties (inputProperty*)><!ELEMENT inputProperty (value)><!ATTLIST inputProperty name CDATA ""><!ELEMENT outputProperties (outputProperty*)><!ELEMENT outputProperty (value*)><!ATTLIST outputProperty name CDATA "" type (singlevalue | multivalue) 'multivalue' ><!ELEMENT value (#PCDATA)>]><com.ibm.HostPublisher.IntegrationObject.properties name="IntegrationObject.Connect1_Helper"><inputProperties><inputProperty name ="password"><value>vikas123</value></inputProperty><inputProperty name ="userid"><value>niit13</value></inputProperty></inputProperties><outputProperties><outputProperty name ="Extract" type = "singlevalue"><value>###### ############# ###### ######</value></outputProperty><outputProperty name ="hPubBeanName" type = "singlevalue"><value>Connect1</value></outputProperty></outputProperties></com.ibm.HostPublisher.IntegrationObject.properties></HPubXMLProperties>
<password>vikas123</password>
<userid>niit13</userid>
</return>
</ns2:connect1ProcessWSResponse>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

If anyone has idea on this, please help out.
Updated on 2014-05-08T09:37:23Z at 2014-05-08T09:37:23Z by Sugeeta
  • tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

Re: Return a variable from HATS Web application using Macro

‏2014-05-16T05:58:46Z  

Hi,

I'm not quite clear what you are trying to accomplish and where this variable you are trying to return in your macro actually comes from.  I would need to see the macro itself instead of the web service soap message.  You said that "even after linking that variable properly in HAScript, the output is not getting return."  I'm not sure what this means.  What linking are you referring to?  When you create an extract that string is what gets returned in your web service.  There is nothing more to it than that.  Are you trying to do something more complicated?  Let me know and I'll see what we can figure out for you.

Thanks
    Tim