Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-26T13:01:48Z by CMcHugh
CMcHugh
CMcHugh
30 Posts

Pinned topic Granting Run Access Only

‏2013-07-23T18:58:56Z |

Possibly, I'm not understanding something with the security set up.  I created 2 reports, report 2 is a drill down from report 1.  I published both the reports and copied them into the production folder.  I added a user and granted him access to the RUN group for that folder.  When he signs on he see's the folder and both reports.  He can successfully run both reports separately; however, when trying to drill down to report2 from report1 he gets an 'access denied' message.  Did I miss something in the security set up?

• JamesCole
    JamesCole
    131 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Granting Run Access Only

‏2013-07-26T09:38:38Z  
    • CMcHugh
    • ‏2013-07-23T19:09:05Z

Ah ha - have some fixes sitting here - will apply and see if that's the problem.

Thanks!

Hi, 

I suspect that the drill down is pointing to the original report in the other domain/folder. I believe it uses a "fully qualified" reference which is folder and report, as opposed to a local ref of just the report name.

An easy way for you to test, would be to make the user a run only for the other domain. Alternatively you could check the drill down in the copied report to see the ref.

Hope this help.

Regards

James

• tschramm
    tschramm
    23 Posts

‏2013-07-23T19:06:58Z  

Our info apar has a list of individual PTF's for R210.  There have been a few drill down fixes, so if you don't have the individual fixes on, we would recommend trying them.  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2d686487797ec0c8586257a0a003ca96d 

Thank you,

Tracy

• CMcHugh
    CMcHugh
    30 Posts

‏2013-07-23T19:09:05Z  
    • tschramm
    • ‏2013-07-23T19:06:58Z

Our info apar has a list of individual PTF's for R210.  There have been a few drill down fixes, so if you don't have the individual fixes on, we would recommend trying them.  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2d686487797ec0c8586257a0a003ca96d 

Thank you,

Tracy

Ah ha - have some fixes sitting here - will apply and see if that's the problem.

Thanks!

• JamesCole
    JamesCole
    131 Posts

‏2013-07-26T09:38:38Z  
    • CMcHugh
    • ‏2013-07-23T19:09:05Z

Thanks!

Hi, 

I suspect that the drill down is pointing to the original report in the other domain/folder. I believe it uses a "fully qualified" reference which is folder and report, as opposed to a local ref of just the report name.

An easy way for you to test, would be to make the user a run only for the other domain. Alternatively you could check the drill down in the copied report to see the ref.

Hope this help.

Regards

James

• CMcHugh
    CMcHugh
    30 Posts

‏2013-07-26T13:01:48Z  
    • JamesCole
    • ‏2013-07-26T09:38:38Z

Hi, 

Hope this help.

Regards

James

Thank you!  I granted run access to the original folder but still got the access denied message.  I had to change the drill down to point to the one within new folder and now it works perfectly.